How to store large photos

I bought some large scrapbooks at michaels. When we moved into our new house we didn't have wall space for all our pictures. I took them out of the frames and put them into scrapbooks.

DD is starting art school, and she has several large portfolios. They would easily store a stack of photos. She's purchased hers at Michael's and Hobby Lobby.

ETA: They zip shut so nothing can fall out. The newest one is water resistant (don't think it's water proof), so she can carry it around campus and not worry too much about rain.

Get an art portfolio! It won't display them but it will keep them safe. I have one that is holding pictures at least 16X20 and maybe even larger than that.

I created a DIY portfolio from poster board and duct tape, wide enough to hold all the ridiculous large studio pics (up to 16x20) I wasted money on over the years:rotfl2::thumbsup2:eek: but it's fairly flat and stores inside a closet easily. FWIW, I rarely look at or display those studio photos, every single precious moment I have ended up treasuring has been taken with an at home camera by myself or someone I know.... ahhh, hindsight is 20/20! I still save them, b/c they represent a lot of years of family pics, but I don't love them.

so most of my 8x10 photos fit into scrapbooks. I have a ton of larger photos in frames sitting in closets. I would like to take them out if the frames to save space, but how do you recommend storing large photos? As I am organizing and downsizing, I want to discard the large number of frames that I no longer plan to use.

Thank you for posting this.

and

Thank you all for your responses.

The responses are really helping me solve my photo storage dilemma! :flower1:

I would also find a way to make a digital copy of them. That way you can reprint them to a size that is more convenient to display or put in scrapbooks. So not only do you have a backup of these precious photos, you can also do more with them and not have to worry about their original size.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter