How to stay hydrated in July/August

Cups of water are still free at any place with a soda machine.
Beware I’ve heard that at peak times you may be directed to alternative locations due to mobile ordering
Yes I’m guessing it’s 4.00 a bottle.
I believe water was $3.50 soda was $4.50 earlier this month

we brought our own bottles of water in our backpack and would just step to the side to roll up our masks to sip if needed

Beware I’ve heard that at peak times you may be directed to alternative locations due to mobile ordering

I believe water was $3.50 soda was $4.50 earlier this month

we brought our own bottles of water in our backpack and would just step to the side to roll up our masks to sip if needed

I've never had a problem getting cups of water.

Apologies if this is elsewhere. I am going with my best friend in July. I remember from last time I went in the summer that hydration is key. Are the bubblers still functional ( water fountains to non New Englanders) or do you go to counter service and get water? I’m buying us both water bottles..

Milwaukee native here. We are the only other place that uses the term “bubbler.” Why? I don’t know.

I’ve lived in Florida the past 17 years now. To stay hydrated don’t forget to drink plenty of water the night before as well. Even before Covid I always found bubblers to be gross. Getting water from quick services is the best bet.

However, if the heat bothers you, I highly recommend you rethinking going this summer. Going all day in the parks in mid summer wearing masks is difficult, even for us who are acclimated to the weather.

Ok, so fountains are down? I’m assuming so because they are around here but Florida seems to be a little more easy going with some things.
They were open and available during our trip in September 2020, but the water is warmer than when you get a cup of water from QS, and it takes a long time to drink a cup worth of water from the fountain.

We take water bottles with us and once used keep and fill throughout the day at water stations, water fountains, or at certain QS eateries. We buy 24 packs of water for $8.00 at the resort store. Yes, this is expensive (compared to back home) but $8.00 for drinks for an entire trip is very reasonable.

Also, a couple trips ago we purchased cute rubber Mickey hands costing $10.00 that slip over the neck of water bottles. This is attached to a carabiner that comes with and I just hook on my mini-crossbody purse. DH hooks to his belt loop. These are sold at the Emporium and the small gift kiosk at the left entrance of MK. (These are also great for hiking and walking.)

We bring a squirt style Brita water bottle that filters that awful tasting Florida water. You can buy them from Walmart. We fill it and share it. This way we carry it around empty until the next water fountain. It has a push up and down nib and you just squirt it in your mouth. No contact from any ones mouth. Saves us loads of $$$

I use a Camelbak bladder in a backpack I am carrying anyway. My DW insists on a Hydroflask bottle because the water stays colder longer. She is right, but they are heavier and you have to remove them going through security. Disney has installed water bottle filling stations in the newer parts of the parks and those are REALLY handy! Yes, they are operational during COVID.
I was about to post a thread asking if Camelbak backpacks with bladders are allowed in the parks. Have you ever had any problems with security when taking yours?

I was about to post a thread asking if Camelbak backpacks with bladders are allowed in the parks. Have you ever had any problems with security when taking yours?
We use a Camelbak and have never had a problem with security. Back in the day when they did the hand checks most security guards thought they were a great idea. We fill them up with ice and gatorade before leaving the room and stays cold almost all day.

We bring a squirt style Brita water bottle that filters that awful tasting Florida water.
Speaking of bad tasting Florida water. Some places filter their water while some taste like it comes right out of the Everglades. Anyone know which ones are filtered?

Disney has installed water bottle filling stations in the newer parts of the parks and those are REALLY handy! Yes, they are operational during COVID.
Anyone know where the filling stations are located? A map would be nice (touring plans even mentioned put it on MDE app).

I get ice water from QS and put mio sport with electrolytes in it. Or I used our refillable mug to get powerade at any hotel on my way home the night before (we stayed at SOG), put it in my water bottle and froze it over night. Usually by the time I was thirsty it was thawed enough to drink it.

We only use lumbar packs, not full backpacks, and on our last trip, we tried putting our reusable, insulated water bottles in their bottle holders and found it to be too tippy and bulky that way. So we bought the bottled water for the rest of the trip - it was our first time and I didn't know about the free cups at counter service. I hate relying on bottled water...

This time, we're each going to have a LifeStraw Flex. We can take the straw out to drink directly from water cups to help with the bad taste, or we can refill the pouch at the stations or with ice in the AM. Either way, the pouch will keep the straw clean in our packs without adding a lot of weight. DH thinks we can attach a bladder straw to it if we want but haven't tested that yet. That might be handy for drinking without removing masks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter