How to Plan a Tower of Terror Anniversary Party

Your attire was spot on gorgeous! What amazing photos to cherish forever. I have thought about asking my guests to dress for the occasion at some of the Dis private events we have done. The closest I ever gotten to success was mu taking gangster hats and purple boas to the Great Movie Ride event. The purple color was a great "pop" in the b/w pics. I wish I had the talent to write such amazing reports as I really do love reading yours. I have tried a time or two, but fail miserably. But I am always happy to share details! Who knows...maybe sometime you will be at the parks when we are and you could join us...and maybe even write a teensy weensy report :rolleyes1

Haven't visited the boards in many months, but had to come here first. Glad I did...what a treat to see the two of you blend into the scenery. It's all about the magical memories!

Oh man, I would totally be your Official Trip Reporter if it meant I could go to another private party at WDW—I'm completely cracked on them! :rotfl: Look us up on the DIS anytime! :teeth:

Hey Lurkyloo -

I should have contacted you before our Feb trip this year - I wanted to set up a private dinner to surprise DH for his 50th and I contacted the event coordinator at the BW where we were staying. I ended up not setting anything up because I wasn't happy with any of the venue choices offered to me. We had a private dinner at the GF on the fifth floor overlook on our Feb 2008 trip (details in my PJ) and I really wanted to do something in one of the parks. I actually considered Belvedere Palace and would have sprung for it if I had been absolutely certain that we would not have been rained out. The TOT patio would have been a good choice. Oh well - maybe another trip.

Dang! It does seem like you really have to push to get anything out of the ordinary from them. I hope it works out for you to do an event on a future trip. I'd love to see an event at the Belvedere Palace Ruins! :goodvibes

Carrie - I think I read you report somewhere that event locations at DHS are not available now to parties of less than 20 people. Is that true or have I dreamed it? I would love to do something similar for a 'Nifty Fifty Fiesta', when two friends and I turn 50 in 2013. Or if you have any other ideas for something really special to do, I would be grateful to hear them!!!
Thanks
Joanne

We were in the contract stage of planning a private event for two (my husband and I ) at AK when the parks came back and said that they were not willing to do smaller events. I was extremely devastated, especially with all the time both the Disney Event Planner and I put into it!.

That being said, Carrie's right, they do seem to change their minds all the time, so you might get lucky!:confused3

Either way, thank you Carrie for sharing such amazing trip reports and "how to" guides.... they are a HUGE help for us all!:thumbsup2

WOW! Absolutely awesome idea!

I wish the upstairs of the Imagination pavilion was available for special events--they could just pipe and drape off the mess they have up there!

Thanks for always sharing you unbelievable planning and ideas.

We were in the contract stage of planning a private event for two (my husband and I ) at AK when the parks came back and said that they were not willing to do smaller events. I was extremely devastated, especially with all the time both the Disney Event Planner and I put into it!.

That being said, Carrie's right, they do seem to change their minds all the time, so you might get lucky!:confused3

Either way, thank you Carrie for sharing such amazing trip reports and "how to" guides.... they are a HUGE help for us all!:thumbsup2

Dang—I would have loved to have seen your event! Well, I hope you are able to do one there eventually. I often wonder what they'd do if you planned for 20 guests (well, and could afford a 20-guest event) and then none of them happened to show up... :teeth:

WOW! Absolutely awesome idea!

I wish the upstairs of the Imagination pavilion was available for special events--they could just pipe and drape off the mess they have up there!

Thanks for always sharing you unbelievable planning and ideas.

Do you mean the Wonders Lounge?

wondersloungewhite.jpg

WondersLoungebar.jpg

Cuz it IS open for special events! :thumbsup2

Do you mean the Wonders Lounge?

wondersloungewhite.jpg

WondersLoungebar.jpg

Cuz it IS open for special events! :thumbsup2

While I wish the Wonders Lounge still had the carousel/carnival theme (it's still cool and nostalgic though! :thumbsup2), I would really love to have a party up in the old Image Works area! I read somewhere that they used to do it, before they let it fill up with lots of eye sore storage.

Oooh... yeah, that space would have been cool!

And I know they're trying to class the Wonders Lounge up by painting over the circus theme, but I was always curious what it would look like to do a full-on themed event there under the "big top"—coulda been fabulous!

Carrie,

I stumbled across your blog site this weekend and have been absolutely floored by your trip reports, photos and great sense of humor. Thank you for sharing with the rest of us. I have to admit I feel like I now "know" you due to the DIS references, Sunshine rewards references (3650.00 counting) and being a N Ca girl too who grew up with Disneyland as her home park....

Anyway, bravo, and now I am inspired to perhaps someday do a vow renewal in epcot with some Roots photography action.

Hi there! :wave2:

I'm so glad you've enjoyed the blog! You are definitely in the right place to plan that vow renewal—this board is such a great resource! :goodvibes

That looks like it was anamazing night!! I don't know what you do for a living, but you would make an amazing event planner.

Thanks for the kind words! I've always thought it would be fun to be an event planner, but I'll bet it gets tricky when you have to execute someone else's vision and it doesn't jive with yours! :teeth:

Thanks for the kind words! I've always thought it would be fun to be an event planner, but I'll bet it gets tricky when you have to execute someone else's vision and it doesn't jive with yours! :teeth:

That's true. I'm sure they wouldn't be as easy about it as me. I would just be like, "we like Star Wars and Disney. I'm sure you'll make it look great". Well along with dietary needs.

Chauncey and I were just at WDW and talking about your ToT anniversary party while we were in the queue (were your ears burning? ;) ), we both still think it's the coolest anniversary ever :thumbsup2

I was so happy to see this bump up in my queue so I could reread it again. Even better than the first read!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter