• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How to keep stuff safe at CC while swimming?

The kyss bag looks neat, but couldn't someone just cut through the fabric? It looks like you're just setting up a target by saying "something in here is valuable enough to lock up, come cut through me and find out what it is!"

The kyss bag looks neat, but couldn't someone just cut through the fabric? It looks like you're just setting up a target by saying "something in here is valuable enough to lock up, come cut through me and find out what it is!"
I think that for the most part people who are going to steal look for easy targets. Purses that they could just grab and go or purses that are left open and a wallet is sitting on top. From what I understand the fabric is pretty sturdy in this purse and that leads me to believe that it could possibly be time consuming for someone to cut through the fabric, thus, increasing their chances of getting caught. I will find out though!

Honestly, the Kyss ones look very flimsy to me.

I have a PacSafe backpack I bought when we went to Europe in 2007. It comes with a bucket that you put inside the backpack and that is what makes it slash proof. The bucket is made of this heavy mesh wire. I like the pacsafe because it has zippers that you can secure to prevent pick pocketers. It has a combo lock and you can secure it to about anything.

We use this a lot on vacations. The best investment we made. I even bought it green to match Dis colors.

How long would it take to get back on the ship to return a camera and then head back to the family beach? Would it be worth the hassle?

I bought a KYSS bag recently, but haven't used it yet. It's not flimsy at all - the fabric is very sturdy canvas.

I have the largest size Kyss bag which I used on our cruise last month. It worked beautifully. It also is huge and can hold a lot.

When I got it, I had problems programming the lock. I contacted them, nd they immediately sent me a new lock preset with the code I chose.

The only downside is the zippered pocket on the inside ripped after the first day of use with hardly anything in it. The overall bag, however, is very sturdy. It's a thick canvas.

I've used a waterproof Olympus Tough while snorkeling at Castaway Cay and am pleased with the results.

Woody

I bought one before our last cruise in 2011 and it worked great for 1 1/2 ports of call. We had 4 ports of call on that cruise and it died late into the 2nd. I know that is not normal for that camera - they are highly rated by most - Amazon refunded our money - and we did get some great pix before it died. I will get another for sure.

I bought this for our vacation. I love it!

http://www.amazon.com/Vacation-Vault-Travel-Color-Aqua/dp/B0081LL8R4/ref=pd_sim_sbs_hg_7

at home depot
http://www.homedepot.com/h_d1/N-5yc...&langId=-1&keyword=Travel+Vault&storeId=10051
19617302-0b9d-43ce-bdea-331fe5cd51c5_300.jpg

:)

I leave at least one person with our stuff anyone while on CC. Now mind you we have only been there x2 times. This cruise I will be doing the same, just can't trust anyone these days not even on a disney cruise.

How does one of those travel valts work???

Thanka in advance :)

It has a 3 dial combination lock on the front of it (from 1-9). You set your code for whatever you want and take the cable and put it in the lock to lock it up. I usually wrap the cable around my beach chair and lock it to it. I put my small camera, money, credit cards, id, phone all that kind of stuff in it. I find it real handy! I use it all summer long at the beaches. I also used it at CC with no problems.

Many thanks for all the good ideas! I am a single parent and sadly cannot leave one person to watch my stuff as I am it! My daughter is not old enough to wander around without me.

In the past I have worn a waterproof neck pouch/wallet/bag with whatever I need eg. KTW card at Disney or a bit of cash, credit card, license etc in other places. The darn thing tends to float though so I always tuck it into my bathing suit. It works really well. The trick to getting things in and out if they stick is just to blow lightly into it.

if you'll be taking your camera to the beach, I'd recommend making sure that you won't lose any photos that are on it if the camera gets lost for any reason. Either download them to a computer or email them, or swap out your media card before you head out. Just make that part of your routine when your charging your batteries (since you DO remember to head out with plenty of power to take pictures!)

Offically purchased my vault! Arrives in 7-10 business days and we cruise in 39! Can't wait!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter