How to get the 1st time cruiser credit?

AmyM

<font color=blue>Things sometimes get better the s
I called Disney, we booked directly with DCL. The CM I spoke to said they were not offering the $50 first time credit anymore. Is this true? We cruise on Nov. 24, I'm beginning to think it's too late to try and get this.

Did you specifically ask to have code REF applied to your reservatiion? I would call back and maybe luck in to getting a more cooperative CM.

Good Luck
:D

I did what wovenwonder suggested back in September after hearing about it on here.

I called the 800 Disney Cruise number and acted dumb with the girl and she gave me the $50.00 onboard credit.

we also had the credit aded to my Mothers reservation , for Dec
cruise using the code already mentioned above
peter

Just a little over a week ago I called my TA with the reference code "REF" and she called DCL....they applied the 50.00 credit to my cabin and the 2 other cabins of the couples joining us on vacation in May.
I was a bit shocked we got the 50.00 credit. I was told on another board that it was only $50 for 7 day cruises..and $25 for 4 nighters. Maybe because we have the 7 day land/sea package??
Either way...Im not complaining!

We have two families traveling with us... they are first time cruisers, can we get this applied to their account?

I got it!!! Acting dumb can sure get you a lot of info. Here's what I was told...

This code is offered via a card sent to past cruisers to give to family/friends. I don't feel so guilty now because we are return cruisers and convinced our friends to come with us for their first cruise in under a week:bounce: :Pinkbounc :bounce: :Pinkbounc

I'm not excited at all:jester:

I would start with your travel agent. It seems many people have gotten this done through their TAs.

Anyone know if you can get the credit when you book with Costco travel?

Any travel co. should be able to get this for you. I found that DCL won't even talk to me since I used a TA, so start there.

can anyone give me the phone number to call please??

I will act as dumb as I need to.

I sail on November 30th.

Thanks,
Lori

singitalto ~ You booked through Costco Travel??? I went through them for our cruise last November and they told me they weren't going to book Disney Cruises anymore after that.

lruggiero ~ Try 1-800-960-8875

singitalto ~ You booked through Costco Travel??? I went through them for our cruise last November and they told me they weren't going to book Disney Cruises anymore after that.

lruggiero ~ Try 1-800-960-8875

does the REF code work if you are NOT a first time cruiser... ie you cruised several years ago?

just wondering...

Jodie

It is possible to get the REF credit through Costco. I added it to my 2/22/03 Magic cruise back in May, although it took a couple of phone calls. I would definitely be persistent, as the quality of the Costco TAs varies quite a bit. And you have to add it through your TA - DCL wouldn't help me at all, except to tell me that the credit code was valid.

And as far as I know, Costco is still booking Disney cruises - at least, I booked one in May 2002. I believe Costco switched travel agencies last November, and that might have caused some confusion.

April

What about 3 night cruises/3nights land? Does it apply to a 3 nighter as well?

THANKS!

I just wanted to say thanks for the tip! I told DH about it and he called today to confirm everything and kept saying it was our honeymoon. Then he said, "oh, btw, my wife heard about a first time cruiser credit, code REF. Can we get that?" And we got it!

Thanks! :bounce:

allie

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter