How to do you carry your tickets?

Lvsdisney

DIS Veteran
I'm so used to WDW and MBs that I have NO idea if I need anything for my tickets.

I currently have e-tickets that I will scan into our app (or do I wait until I get the official ticket at the gate? That confuses me...).

We have maxpass on our tickets, so I (obviously) was planning on getting our FP through the app.

Is there a reason I would need tickets readily accessible? Do you recommend a lanyard? Or is just having them in my husband's or my wallet good enough?

Thanks!!

Before maxpass I did the lanyard thing and it was mostly convenient except if the ticket got stuck in the pouch. Now I do everything by app so I usually have it in my wallet just in case I need it for any reason. Mostly I just use my phone app.

Either should be fine. A pro of keeping the physical ticket in the lanyard is when you scan in for fastpasses, it can be faster and it can save battery. Especially if you are going in a group, the biggest reason of fastpass line backups is one person scanning everyone in on their phone and the rest of the group blocks the other scanners.

I just carried ours in my back pocket. My wife kept her own. However, I found myself using the Disneyland app more than anything else so the tickets mostly stayed in my pocket.

I use CM lanyards (so a bolo type of lanyard rather than a more traditional pin type lanyard) and a plastic pouch. I keep my AP and my ID in it for quick access. The pouch is clear enough I don't have to remove my AP to scan in for rides (I do prefer to use the physical card because it is less of a drain on my phone battery which I tend to wear down refreshing the app for cancelled FPs). My mom uses a plastic pouch (with just her AP) attached to a carabiner clip.

MBs are the one thing I really wish would come to DLR. It was something I enjoyed using at WDW (and I only could use it for PhotoPass as my CM friend's guest pass could not be tied to a MB; I had to always use the physical card for entry and FP redemption). I found them to be super convenient for PhotoPass.

The tickets were just in my wallet and I used my phone on all but 2 occasions, when I scanned in at the turnstiles the first time and once when my all experience FP disappeared off the app. That was over 5 days with a lot of park hopping. We mainly just used my wife’s phone for scanning into the parks and FP lines as she had data, I occasionally used mine when I could get decent WiFi.
if you do use your phone, bring a charging brick with a good capacity, particularly if it’s one of the newer large screen type phones. We had an iPhone 11 and a 50000mah charging brick wired into my small backpack which kept the phone charged for several days.

We use retractable badge reels (Disney themed, of course!) with a plastic ID pouch on the end to keep the tickets/APs safe. Easy to use, easy to scan. Even CMs love our badge reels! We use different characters to match our mood and/or our Disney Bounds. Or we just use our phones. Either works just fine. If you do use your paper ticket, make sure to keep it waterproof so that it doesn't get soaked on water rides.

Does anyone use an id pouch with a clear pocket, and does it scan without taking the ticket out? I have a Vera Bradley zip id case that I like, but I have no idea if the ticket would scan without removing it.

Does anyone use an id pouch with a clear pocket, and does it scan without taking the ticket out? I have a Vera Bradley zip id case that I like, but I have no idea if the ticket would scan without removing it.
As long as the full barcode shows through the clear pocket, it should scan without any problems. I've used a variety of clear pouches and never had an issue.

ETA: The barcode is on the lower left-hand side of the ticket.

Either should be fine. A pro of keeping the physical ticket in the lanyard is when you scan in for fastpasses, it can be faster and it can save battery. Especially if you are going in a group, the biggest reason of fastpass line backups is one person scanning everyone in on their phone and the rest of the group blocks the other scanners.

No way is that true... I was scanning 7 passes in less than 3 seconds with the app, even if everyone used a separate scanner it couldn't be done that fast with tickets and then we'd be using 2 or 3 instead of just one scanner... several times we were forced to use tickets just because the app wouldn't load (which we always knew before approaching the scanners since we would get the app up on our way to the ride) and it always took much longer to have to scan in each ticket separately than to simply swipe with the phone in place and we'd be using more scanners so even if it was faster - which it isn't- we'd be taking up more space and thereby creating a greater bottleneck than just having one person using one scanner swiping everyone in almost instantly. Also several times when I tried to use a ticket I found it got stuck in there and I had to fumble to get my ticket back out over the thin lip which definitely took more time than scanning several tickets at once with a phone. On the othe hand my friend has a clear phone case and put their ticket in that so when the app wasn't working they just scanned the back of their phone which worked great but still not as slick as using the app of course.

WDW BB user here to trying to get a handle on how DL works.

It appears I can purchase E-tickets with max pass and then scan into app. Use app for all (assuming battery life and as I understand be prepared for data usage cuz wifi not great)

Does the e-ticket ever become a hard ticket for use in FP machines?

WDW BB user here to trying to get a handle on how DL works.

It appears I can purchase E-tickets with max pass and then scan into app. Use app for all (assuming battery life and as I understand be prepared for data usage cuz wifi not great)

Does the e-ticket ever become a hard ticket for use in FP machines?
When you go through the turnstile at either park on your first day, the CM will scan the barcode on your ticket and give you a paper ticket in exchange. (CM will also take your photo to digitally attach to your ticket.) The paper ticket is about the size of a credit card, printed on thicker card stock. You can use this paper ticket in the free FP machines. Keep this ticket in a safe, waterproof place. There have been reports that on very rare occasions, the app can eat your ticket and you might need to scan your ticket again. Also, take a moment to take a photo of the back of your paper ticket with a clear image of the barcode and numbers. If your ticket gets lost/stolen/destroyed/etc., you will be able to replace it easily and quickly at Guest Services by showing CMs the photo.

No way is that true... I was scanning 7 passes in less than 3 seconds with the app...
OP appears to have a party of 2, so using the phone or physical ticket in a lanyard should work almost equally well. For a larger party like yours, each group will find whichever method works best for them. Some groups prefer having one leader in charge of all tickets on one phone and that works best for them. Other groups have each person scan for themselves on a phone or with a lanyard and that works best for them. Not everyone is quicker with their phones -- when we bring the grandparents, the lanyards are definitely the quicker option for them!

Lvsdisney sorry to HiJack your thread but wanted to tack onto your question.

If I make a FP using Maxpass can I scan my paper park ticket (the one the CM gave me in exchange for my E-Ticket) to when entering the ride?

I keep my AP and DD in one lanyard both with the bar code facing out. DH keeps his in his wallet. I do just use my phone to scan us in for MP but i like them on the lanyard because i can just pull them out from my backpack instead of looking for my wallet and getting it out.

Lvsdisney sorry to HiJack your thread but wanted to tack onto your question.

If I make a FP using Maxpass can I scan my paper park ticket (the one the CM gave me in exchange for my E-Ticket) to when entering the ride?
Yes- you should be able to use the ticket in your phone or the hard ticket you are given.

I found it easier to use the app and only used the ticket if there was an issue. I think it's a personal preference. One thing I did in WDW that I plan on doing for disneyland is I had my phone connected to a lanyard so that I didn't have to keep putting it away for every ride or hold on to it. I only put it away on the roller coasters.

I scan our tickets into the Disneyland app on our phones. I'll then keep the tickets in my wallet or put them in a badge-style holder on a lanyard...but I wouldn't use one of those flimsy plastic ticket holder things that they sell at Disneyland. We tried one of those once and it fell off my lanyard!

I scan the e-tickets into the app before entry. We use the physical tickets to scan in for FP as it is just quicker for us that way. DH or I keep the tickets in our wallets. I never really understand why there is always such a bottle neck at all the FP scan machines. There always seems to be a large group not organized and blocking all the scanners:confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!