How possible is a three park day?

egesicki

Mouseketeer
Doing some advance planning for our Nov DCL NYC cruise that includes WDW as an excursion. I was specifically attracted to this one because we've never been to WDW, and I want to hit a few highlights in three parks in case we never get there again. Since I've never been, can some of you park experts give some constructive criticism of my rough idea? It will be me and two boys, 12 (high functioning ASD) and 7. We travel well, especially for my oldest if he can see the plan ahead of time and we plan for breaks. From what I read we can catch a bus approx 730, and DCL is advising allowing 2 hours in transit. Thoughts on that amount of time? We algo get 3 VIP FP. In MK we have these on our wish list: Space Ranger Spin, 7DMT, BTMRR, WDWRR, and Dole Whip. Also earhats, Mickey straws, a popcorn bucket and silhouettes. Probably Pinocchio Village Haus lunch. Can we get all of that by 1:30? 2:30? Then monorail to Epcot, wishlist is Soarin, Chase character spot, a margarita in Mexico, Karamel Kuche, a bottle of wine to take back on board, and the garden RR. 30 minutes for the monorail, 90 minutes for the rest? Then the final wish list is Kilimanjaro Safari and Flametree BBQ. I gather it's an hour bus ride each way between AK and Epcot. Strategically a good rest and rehydrate period I hope. Idk what time any fireworks will be yet and how they line up with the bus back to PC, but if we can still keep our eyes open we'd like to see some. Pointers for a rookie? TIA!

I did a three park day by myself, but I could never do it with my kids in tow. I think that you could manage your MK and Epcot, but not adding in AK. My three park day was HS, EP, and then MK. I chose those three because of the ease of transportation. Replacing one with AK would have made the day less enjoyable for me.

Last April, I did a 3 park day with two of my sons, who were 17 and 10. We started with MK (we had a pre park opening BOG reservation) and then were able to start touring the parks right at 9 am.
We left MK around noon and moved on to Hollywood Studios. There, we had our 3 Fast passes (Tower of Terror, Rock N RollerCoaster, and Star Tours) and a ADR for Sci Fi (I think it was around 4 pm?) After Sci Fi, we went to Epcot to end the night.

I think 3 parks is very do-able in one day, but it will depend on the exact hours you have available. Also, Animal Kingdom is more "out of the way"--Epcot and Hollywood Studios are very close to each other--even walkable, so that is an easy transition.

What is your total time you have to do all this in? IF they leave on time at 730a and IF traffic cooperates then you should be there right between 915a-930a. I think some of how much you can get done is also depending on when you arrive in November ( if it's around Thanksgiving it can be busy ).

Space Ranger spin typically moves at a fairly good pace, 7DMT - you may need to use one of your fastpasses or this one as I've been seeing wait times on the MDE still around 40 minutes now ( which is a slightly slower time period ), I think the RR rates about 25 minutes round trip, but you could lessen that if you took it for only a portion ( say from Frontierland after you take BTMRR to Fantasyland for your 7DMT fastpass. You should be able to find all your shopping needs at the Emporium and the Main Street area so that will reduce shopping time needed.

I'd say your plan for 30 minutes for the monorail once in line is accurate ( or at least pretty close )

At Epcot, the walking is quite intensive and your plan takes you all over the park. Again, I'd get a Fastpass for Soarin' as the wait time, depending on week can be quite high still. Character Spot - I'm not sure how long the waits are there. 90 minutes for this park is aggressive, everything is very spread out. I could do the walk around the park in 90 if I don't stop to do much else.

About an hour from Epcot to Animal Kingdom if you use Disney Transportation is also a bit aggressive - you may want to think about grabbing an Uber or a cab. If you are wanting to use Disney Transportation note there is no direct Park to Park transportation.

I'd use a FP for Kilimanjaro Safari too. The lines can take some time.

You have a very aggressive plan - not a lot of time to stop and sell the roses ( or take pictures either )

Use a VIP FP for 7DMT in MK.

Use a VIP FP for Soarin’ in Epcot.

Use a VIP FP for Kilimanjaro Safari in AK.

With your park ticket, you’ll be able to book 3 ride specific FPs. As soon as you have your tickets, link them to your My Disney Experience Account - app on your phone and book for Space Ranger Spin and hopefully, BTMRR for the morning. You still have FP#3 to book for MK or after you’ve used 1 FP in MK, you can use the app to book a FP for Epcot or AK.

If you are wanting to use Disney Transportation note there is no direct Park to Park transportation.
Actually, there are Disney Buses for those who want to travel from park to park.

There are also Minnie Vans for $20 which are operated through Lyft. By the time the OP is in the parks, Minnie Vans will be operating throughout the Resort.

I would consider paying for a guided tour that gets you front of the line tour to do anything close to this, esp. with DS12. Otherwise, scale down your plan. I would do AK 1st and stand in line for Safari as the line is usually under 45 min in the AM and there are interesting things to look at, and give up Flame Tree, then use FP for 2 MK rides, then go to EP and use FP for Soarin. IMHO, 7DMT is a very "young" ride and not worth a FP or long line. My 12 yr olds did it 1X and said that they didn't ever need to do it again. They do Splash and BTMM EVERY trip. DS 17 still loves Buzz.
you can also flip and do MK 1st, then EP then AK and eat dinner at Flame tree. After 7, the line drops A LOT for Safari, so likely no FP needed. realize it is a FAR walk from front to back for Safari. I would do the park to park transport for the day for about $20 thru WDW. It also puts you MUCH closer to Safari.

Last edited:
I would consider paying for a guided tour that gets you front of the line tour to do anything close to this, esp. with DS12. Otherwise, scale down your plan. Your FP+ is only good for 1 park. If you don't get a tour, I would get FP+ for MK. I would do AK 1st and stand in line for Safari, and give up Flame Tree, then use FP+ for MK rides, then go to EP. Wait in line or give up Soarin. You can try to get FP+ for Soarin after you MK FP are used up, but they will likely be gone by then. Given your rides at MK, I would use MK as FP+ park. good luck.
When park hopping, a person can pre-book 1 FP and as soon as they are in the FP line, they can book a FP for park#2 and 1 for Park#3.

The OP has 3 VIP FPs. @egesicki - does each person have 3 VIP FPs?

We easily did a 4-park day on a higher crowd day, but I would consider the order of the parks. Will the buses come from DCL to any park or only MK? If they go to any park, this would be my strategy:

-Get your tickets and immediately book 3 FPs, probably for MK (buzz, Big Thunder).
-Go to AK first. Ride Safari, hopefully many people will be going direct to Pandora the waits in the rest of the park are lower. I would also unfortunately abandon the Flame Tree BBQ unless you want a really early lunch! Though if you are up that early to get the bus, maybe you will be hungry!
-Take park to park bus to Epcot. I actually think a 1-hr is fine estimate. If you get there after a bus has left you should have max 20 min wait, plus a max 20 min drive. Giving extra time to account for any other delays.
-Go to Epcot, and use the VIP FPs for Soarin and character spot. Those are harder to get as same day FPs.
-Monorail to MK
-use last VIP FP for 7DMT, use prebooked FPs for BTMR and Buzz; if there's another ride you want you can also book that. Do the rest of what you want and stay for fireworks at MK. I would recommend considering the Happily ever after dessert party and it gives you an excellent reserved view!

I am suggesting MK last because it's hours are usually the latest and it has the best evening show! Also there is no security check from Epcot-MK via monorail so it will be easier to deal with the wine (though you may want to consider getting a locker once you get to MK to store it).

When we did 4-parks, we did:
9:30 am AK (FP flight of Passage, and Everest; also Nemo show)
12:00 HS (Starlord and Groot meet and greet), boat to Epcot
1:30 Epcot (walk around world showcase and picked up food, Frozen Ever After)
4:10 MK (meet Merida, tea party, BTMR, Tiki room, WDWRR, Be Our Guest dinner, fireworks, once upon a time projection show, Space Mountain, people mover), finished around 10:30pm.
We also had multiple breaks in there for AC and rest!

I think if you plan it out well enough and know you won't do everything, it'll be fine!

I'm torn on AK because of the transit time. I would love to do the Safari, and I hear great things about Flametree, but if I had to cut anything AK would be it

I'm torn on AK because of the transit time. I would love to do the Safari, and I hear great things about Flametree, but if I had to cut anything AK would be it
Will the DCL bus pick you up from any of the parks or do you need to return to the Ticket and Transportation Center?

Will the buses come from DCL to any park or only MK?

- there is no security check from Epcot-MK via monorail so it will be easier to deal with the wine

Further research required on the bus arrivals. I do like the idea of AK first.

I didn't think about security with the wine, great catch, maybe i can save that purchase for late in the day and less weight to carry.

If you are wanting to use Disney Transportation note there is no direct Park to Park transportation.

There has always been direct park to park transportation - it would be pretty hard to park hop if there wasn't.

So I found the detail on the buses to WDW, they go to any park. Yay! Probably going to flip AK to the beginning, then Epcot, then MK.

So I found the detail on the buses to WDW, they go to any park. Yay! Probably going to flip AK to the beginning, then Epcot, then MK.
Then definitely book FPs for BTMRR and Buzz/Space Ranger as soon as you link your park tickets. Plus 1 more MK Ride choice.

Save 1 VIP FP for 7D.

I;d definitely say BTMR is more important for your kids ages than 7DMT. We enjoy 7DMT but BTMR is sooooo much fun and we definitely choose it every time over 7DMT.

Also, I don't know what time your bus eaves at ight, but do your best to be in MK for Happily Ever After - it is soooo worth it. Blows every other night show out of the park. Otherwise, Star Wars Fireworks or Fantasmic would be the next best options.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter