How old was your son/daughter on their first visit?

I didn't go till I was 13. My next trip I was 23.

My son was 2 and my daughter was 6 months on their first trips.

My son was 6 and my daughter was 2 (about to turn 3- she turned 3 the week we came back from our trip).

My DD was a bit too small to ride many rides, and my son wasn't ready yet for the big ones like EE, ToT, etc...but that is why we are planning our next trip soon. DD will be 4 and DS will be 8 and ready to ride it all...

I think it all depends on how frequently you go. If Disney is a once in a lifetime trip, it is probably best to go when the kids are a little older, 8 to 12, so that they remember it better.

But if you plan on going frequently, every year or so, every age is totally magical and worth the trip. Even with an infant.

Personally, I loved taking my 3 and 4 year olds the best.

My DD was 11 months old for her first trip to WDW and her first Disney Cruise. We went to MNSSHP and she was dressed as Minnie Mouse. What a great time. I loved seeing the look on her face whenever she saw the characters. Priceless.

I was 14 months old, went annually for a while and then switched to about every other year. Predictably, I do not remember my first few trips.

My DD was 11 months old on her first trip (unless you count when she went in uteuro when I was 8 months pregnant). We have taken her at 16 months and 23 months and each trip was great. It is less challenging when they are smaller and dont't have the ocassional tantrum.

My kids were just barely 4 and barely 9. DH and I were grown ups. ;)

I would have CERTAINLY taken them in their younger years (even tho some people say they don't remember it :confused3) had I realized how inexpensive Disney really was!!! :rolleyes1

My son's first trip to Disneyland was when I was pregnant for him!!!
Other than that, his first trip to Disneyworld was when he turned 3 (celebrated his birthday there) and my daughter was one. I always said I wouldn't do it with strollers and diapers... but a great promo came out that year and it was super cheap because they were under 2!! So we did it. And to this day I have relatives that say, oh why did you bring them, they don't even remember it! And they're right, they don't remember it. But I remember standing in line in Hollywood Studios (was still MGM) and Mickey was there dressed in Fantasia. When we got to the front of the line, Mickey sat on the floor and put both kids on his lap! The look on my kid's faces was priceless!! They do not remember, but it's something I will never forget!!!

We will be taking our little one to Disneyland at either 11 months or 15 months. We still have a little time to decide! :rotfl: She'll most likely go to Disney World pretty much every year after that

My DD18 was 8 months old and DD12 was 5 months old. We didn't take them for THEM actually, it was because we just LOVE Disney That much. The trip was painless with the strollers (that was back with they had those horrible metal strollers:scared1:) and child swap, and of course going during a low attendance time of year.

We took our DD to WDW for the first time when she was 3 1/2. The plane ride from Philadephia to Orlando was hell! I recall her taking her french toast (yes back then they actually fed you on the airlines), crunching it up and throwing it at me. When we arrived at the airport, we waited on the turnstyle for our luggage and were just about to file a missing luggage report when we saw our luggage stashed away in the corner. We got to the airport so early they shipped it out on an earlier flight. So now we get to the Poly and things started getting better. We took her to the MK but when we got back to the room she cried and wanted to go home. She missed my parents (who babysat her while my husband and I worked), we had enormous long distance phone bills to them so she could talk to them. At night she walked around with the bible left in the nightstand and fell asleep with it. Not sure whey cause we weren't bible people. All in all I wouldn't have changed a thing!

She's now 26 and ironically we will be taking her 3 1/2 year old DS for his first trip in Sept 2010 staying at the Poly. I always say, paybacks are a b****!

We took our DD to WDW for the first time when she was 3 1/2. The plane ride from Philadephia to Orlando was hell! I recall her taking her french toast (yes back then they actually fed you on the airlines), crunching it up and throwing it at me. When we arrived at the airport, we waited on the turnstyle for our luggage and were just about to file a missing luggage report when we saw our luggage stashed away in the corner. We got to the airport so early they shipped it out on an earlier flight. So now we get to the Poly and things started getting better. We took her to the MK but when we got back to the room she cried and wanted to go home. She missed my parents (who babysat her while my husband and I worked), we had enormous long distance phone bills to them so she could talk to them. At night she walked around with the bible left in the nightstand and fell asleep with it. Not sure whey cause we weren't bible people. All in all I wouldn't have changed a thing!

She's now 26 and ironically we will be taking her 3 1/2 year old DS for his first trip in Sept 2010 staying at the Poly. I always say, paybacks are...!

Twin DDs were 6 months old on our first visit. We lived in Tampa at the time so it wasn't a big deal. This was a mere 26 years ago.:earsboy:

My DS was 3 & potty trained so we didn't have to worry with diapers. He still remembers his first trip. If I had it to do over, I probably would have taken him earlier. There are plenty of places to changes diapers there

We took each of our kids for their first trip when they were 2.5...DD is jealous because big brother has been more times than her.

DD was 4.5 and very much into everything Disney/Princesses and had been asking to go for at least a year. Her reactions to everything were so precious!

DS #1 was 2.5 that trip. He didn't get quite as much out of it as she did.

They've been back many times since and even though DS went at 4 as well, there's nothing as magical as your first trip.

DS #2 went at 18 months and it was really fun going with a kid that age and seeing it through his eyes. I think it will be just as magical when we take him back though because it will be like seeing it all again for the first time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter