How Much Should i Bring?

I am going to Disney world for the 1st time in October and the I am bringing cash only for spending that way I don't go over budget I am thinking about bringing a $1000 worth of cash for just myself and I'm wondering if that would be enough or if I should save up a little more I have a Disney dining plan that I will be using for meals and park hopper passes for tickets as well as staying on resort what do you all think would be the appropriate amount to bring for 5 days

Take that $1000 and divide it by the number of days you are going to be there. That comes to $200 a day. You said your by yourself? I think that is plenty! Take a day and budget out a meal, snack, or something special and see what you come to. Take that and add say $15. Something could change on your next day and cost more. It could cost less and then you're in the plus. Whatever number you come up with, use that for your daily budget and deduct from that $200 a day! That's what I've done for my son and I with our $140 a day. We're coming out each day with about $80 left over. A LOT of our money is going to be spent offsite on kosher eating. Some times twice a day, but not often as it's a pretty penny.

Good luck! And have a blast!

Yes others have said, if you already have the dining plan and your tickets are purchased, you'll be well covered with that amount as long as you don't go nuts on souvenirs. I think that's roughly what we spent OOP on food, drink, souvenirs and Lyft/Minivans for seven days (we did not have the dining plan). And that was for a family of four.

Since this is your first trip, you may spend more than guests who have gone repeatedly. Most people are going to want miscellaneous items on their first trip.

I would actually recommend buying a more high value item such as a Dooney handbag as a wonderful memento of your visit. I said handbag but it doesn't have to be the $400 ones, as there are less expensive items that can also be resold if not wanted later on. And tshirts and sweatshirts and mugs and key rings and pins are not cheap at Disney so your 1K can get eaten up quickly. Have you budgeted for any extra events such as Hoop de Doo revue or Minnie Vans to get a ride somewhere? These can cost a small fortune and easily eat up your 1K.

There are multiple items to tempt at Disney. Part of the enjoyment of your first trip is being able to get or do what you want, that you may not know about now. Also, if there are no plans to go back and this is it, spending the cash should be part of your fun. For 5 nights 1K is reasonable.

You can make your cash go further by buying discounted gift cards for part of your money. Someone suggested $500 which could get you $525 at Target in cards. If you have a credit card, it is a safer way to travel and if you have a bank account, there are ATM's everywhere to more safely manage your money. I do suggest some cash - maybe $50-$75 to handle possible emergencies where cash may be king. $20 is okay but I think it is way too small an amount with today's prices.

Whatever you do, enjoy yourself!

It largely depends on how much you want to spend. I generally do not spend ANYTHING at the parks except for parking. I buy my souvenirs at Walmart and bring my own food. My kids bring their own spending money and buy a few souvenirs and treats throughout the day.

I am going to Disney world for the 1st time in October and the I am bringing cash only for spending that way I don't go over budget I am thinking about bringing a $1000 worth of cash for just myself and I'm wondering if that would be enough or if I should save up a little more I have a Disney dining plan that I will be using for meals and park hopper passes for tickets as well as staying on resort what do you all think would be the appropriate amount to bring for 5 days

So you are planning $1000 for just spending money like souvenirs? Are you including alcohol, tips, uber rides in that amount? Unless you are planning to do a LOT of shopping or you want to purchase several high price items, I think that is more than sufficient. When we go (family of 3, 2 adults and a teenager) we usually go for 7-10 days, and spend much less than that total on all our incidentals. But we usually buy only a few souvenirs (I always buy some incense in Epcot, a mug at Starbucks, maybe a t-shirt or sweatshirt and water bottle for the teen, and some adult beverages for DH and I).

1000, buck is plenty... of money... and think that is about the right amount...

So with that said... which Dinning plan are you one...
If you are only on the Quick serve plan... and want to enjoy character meals, and/or other Table service this, and remember that you need to allow for tipping... whether you are on the dinning plan or not... You will need to tip at TS restaurants....

As well will you will need money for tipping, if you Uber to the resort from the airport and back, or use uber to get around... maybe standing for the bus when you are so tired you might want to take the easier way...

Tipping Mousekeeping... We tip daily as your mousekeeper changes from day to day sometimes...

Bell man.... or room service.....

Air-side porter or if you check your bag outside of the airport... you better tip...or who knows where your luggage will end up...

If you are going to enjoy sampling at Food and Wine

Adult beverages, plus tipping the bartenders...pool side, in the park, resorts...

Other snacks and drinks while in the parks, resorts,

Airport food and drinks....

Then of course souvenirs... which I think are a must... gotta get that Disney fix at home....

Are you staying on property the whole trip?... maybe thinking about heading to one of the outlets... or going to the one of the other parks group while here...

Any money you take home, you can start saving for your next trip...

We went to WDW one year with about $200 in Disney Rewards (from our credit card) and $20 cash. We had already paid for tickets, the meal plan, etc. I think we came home with Disney Rewards money left on our card. We rarely purchase souvenirs in the parks.

If you want to spend that much, then great!

I wouldn't take $1,000 in cash though.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter