How much is your 2018 trip costing you?

Going in December, 2 adults
1 night POP (cheaper than the airport hotel): $160
4 nights AKL Savanna View : $1795
DDP $600
4 day PH $960
Total: $3515
Flights ? Who knows. We have one carrier and tickets right now are almost $500 each. They'll drop.

I picked the dates I did hoping for free dining. Turns out, should've taken earlier dates when room prices were cheaper. Oh well. Next time...

10/20-10/27
2 adults
7 nights at Coronado Springs - Preferred King room
8 day Park Hopper tickets
$3430

Round Trip airfare from Buffalo - $560

Right now we're at about $3990 total. I'll be adding 2 Halloween Horror Nights tickets (Universal) which I'm guessing will be around another $250.

We're going 12/6-12/9, 2018.
3 adults
3 nights at Pop Century, standard room
3-day base tickets, plus a MVMCP ticket for each of us

Resort, tickets, and MM adds up to $2,001.19. That doesn't include parking, since we booked prior to 3/21/18.
Estimated cost for gas to/from WDW is $50.00 (we only live about 3.5-4 hours away and I have a fuel-efficient car).

So estimated grand total is $2,051.19 (not including money for food/drinks/souvenirs/etc.)

June 3-9. 6 nights/5 days
2 adults/2 teens
Staying at AOA in Nemo suite - 5 days base tickets $4266.96
Probably spend $1000 on food
Driving so about $500 on gas and hotel
This is costing more than I thought but DH and I wanted separate rooms (from the kids) this time so we are forking over the extra $1500 from Pop to stay at AOA.

Disclaimer: Non-local Disney employee abusing my discount.

Resort - $2960 (9 nights, Contemporary Tower Bay Lake View)
Tickets - $0 (Main Gate!)
Flight - $150 (Used JetBlue points for one leg of the trip)
Food - $450 (I focus on food as much as attractions!)
Memory Maker - $170 (Always worth it, IMO.)
Universal Ticket - $180 (Haven't been since the expansion of WWoHP)
Misc. Uber trips - $100 (In case monorail problems; definitely for Universal day)

Coming in for right around $4000. This is a solo trip, so it's a lot for one person, but I've been saving for a while and want to splurge on the Contemporary. It's always been a fantasy of mine to stay in the tower and be able to walk to Magic Kingdom. I'm also only allowing myself to use my Disney Chase card rewards for souvenirs. With my discount, I've been buying too much lately. I need to stop. Plus, how many Mickey shirts should a person really have? :)

I am doing two trips this year:

January 24 to February 1st:

8 Nights @ Coronado Springs: $1,284.50 (deal through Expedia)
Flights - $7.09 - the flight home was paid for by work as it was the same price as my flight from conference would have been, and the little flight from conference to Orlando was mostly covered by points! :cool1:

Disney World AP - $829.64 (I saved a bit of money here but I can't calculate it. I bought a 7 day park hopper from a resale sight for a discount, then upgraded to an AP after using it)

Food & Souvenirs - $749

Fireworks with plaza Garden Viewing - $59

Festival of the Arts Classes - $124.60

Disney After Hours - $119

Subtotal: $3,172.83

Discounts: ($1,200) in GC ordered with points

TOTAL: $1,972.83

November 27th to December 6th:

9 Nights @ Caribbean Beach Resort - $2,153.26 (I hope to get an AP discount for this later)

Flights - $300 taxes in from YVR to MCO on United

Disney World AP - $0 (paid for last trip)

Food & Souvenirs - $900 approx

MVMCP x 2 - $178

MVMCP Dessert Party - $79

TOTAL: $3,610.26

Yikes! :rotfl2:I now know that I really don't like calculating travel costs.... I also took a trip to China and Shanghai Disneyland, but I'm not adding that in!

$5700 - 4/14-4/22, 8 nights POR preferred room, 2 adults, 1 child, and 1 two year old (free!)
regular Dining Plan, Memory Maker, 7 day Park Hopper Plus
$200 - 1 night in Newark hotel before flights + parking all week (worst part of traveling April vacation week, flights out of PVD were crazy)
$500 - flights after paying as much as possible with points (flights were around $250/person, we were able to buy 2 with points, paid for the other 2)
$271 - HEA dessert party tickets for my family and my parents
Final room charge bill ended up being $700 including tips, out of pocket food costs for my 2 year old (bought kids meals for him most places where he wasn't free), souvenirs. Biggest expense of that was a $200 dinner at Tiffins we paid out of pocket.

I bought discounted gift cards at Target and BJs to cover the entire Disney portion of the trip. That saved about $350, which I counted towards our $270 dog sitting cost and meals on the road.

My daughters crazy 13th birthday party trip! Missing out on Disney deals by 8 days got to love her!

POP for 7 nights with 5 day park tickets $2473
Air $1700
MNSSHP $300
Chef Mickeys birthday dinner $250 (cake+tip)
Birthday extras $150

$4875 and counting

Dec 5-12, 2 adults, 2 kids
7 nights deluxe studio at OKW- $1045 (renting DVC points from a friend)
7 day park hoppers- $1850
QSDP- $1100 (haven’t added it yet)
Airfare- hoping for $1000 or less but we’ll see what SouthWest comes out with next month
Memory Maker- $170 (still need to add this and potentially split cost with our friends that are also going)

Total- about $5200, not including a few oop table service and souvenirs, though we have over $500 Disney dollars and counting on our Disney visa that will cover a good chunk

May 31st-June 9th 2 adults, 2 "Disney" adults, 1 child

Driving (gas)~~$250
3 nights at hotels on traveling days~~$277
1 night @ Universal's Loews Royal Pacific w/ 1 day tickets~~$1087 (+275 to upgrade ticket to Park to Park)
5 nights @ Disney's Caribbean Beach, 4 day tickets w/ MM~~$2927
Approx food budget for entire trip~~$1400
Stop at the Memphis Zoo on the drive home~~$65
Kids and us have gift cards for souvenirs~~$0

Total~~$6216

Originally the budget was going to stay under $5000 since we planned on staying at a condo offsite and I was going to skip a few meals that I really wanted to do, but we decided that we would go ahead and stay onsite if I got a good pin deal. Plus my husband is a sweetie and didn't mind if I booked a couple of the restaurants I wanted to go to ("Ohana, Boma, and Yak & Yeti).

With various cashback and gift cards from holidays ($1281 so far) that brings it down to $4935. So I guess I did get it back down to the original budget of under $5000!

We have 5 nights at pop with free dining. It’s me, my wife, and 2 girls under 9. Not including the flights it will be $3200, but we also pay for my parents room so add another $750.

7 night at Poly in October. Club level, theme park view room with 5day park hopper ticket came to $9950. We paid almost $400 for our MNSSHP tickets, we booked the Return to Sleep Halloween event and plan to do dessert parties. We’re also doing the extra FP for club level for 3 days which will be $600 I believe. And we’re flying from California and flights are looking to cost us $2-3k. All in all, I’d say we’d be lucky to stay under $15k....but shhhhh, don’t tell my husband!!! Haha!

May 6-12 (We're almost HOME!)
2 adults celebrating 30th Anniversary
6 nights at Poly + 6 day park hopper with 1 add-on incl... $3100 (Way to go meeee!)
Airfare.... zilch. Using points

Using 600 in gift cards we've accumulated over the past 11 months, $280 in Disney Rewards for food and spending money. If we need to dip into our vaca piggy bank change (which we doubt we will), that's another 400. We consider all of this "free money."

:dancer::dancer::dancer:

2 Adults - 3 kids (2 Adults, 1 child)
11 nights/12days at POR in June - $2900 with taxes (cheapest onsite resort for a party of 5 that wasn't under construction)
9-day Park Hopper tickets w/water parks & more - $2500 - through UCT before 2018 increase
Flying from west coast for 5 people isn't cheap, but SW with points - $11.20/ticket :)
Pirates and Pals cruise $350
Memory Maker - $170
Food-? Not really counting this since we eat out a lot, but we will be ordering food from Safeway and having breakfast in our room
Kennedy Space Center - Travelzoo - $42pp

Ugh! I don't want to add it up. But, we did buy Disney GC (to pay for our room) from Sams Club with our Discover card during 5% quarter - so we saved $65 for each $500 GC (which only costs $485 at Sams) after we get all of cash back. We bought our tickets with Discover and got cash back too. We also saved enough gift cards and recycling/garage sales (we made the kids earn money for the trip) to cover the cost of the tickets. So we are really only paying for the room and food.

2 adults, 3 kids (though two are "Disney adults" at ages 14, and 11, little guy is 3)
9 nights (8/20/18 - 8/29/18) Grand Floridian Standard View w/8 day park hoppers $5056.55
5 RT airline tickets on Jet Blue from Boston to Orlando $983.00
Food/Souvenir budget $2000

Total: $8039.55 (but hey, vacation time is priceless to us) :cloud9:

I’m envious of your “cheap trips”, haha. We are going this September. For 2 adults, 4 kids over 7 nights, it will be over $6400. That includes 5-day Park hoppers, and regular dining plan (free dining). We are staying in a family suite at AOA, at least for now. Also, we are thinking about doing the MNSSHP, so add another $400 something to that.

Right? We are easily spending double what I am seeing in many of these posts in food alone! Granted we have 3 teenagers and dh and I like our cocktails, but still!

This is making me so angsty just thinking about the cost but IT'S HAPPENING AND I WILL MAKE IT WORK
Four people (22, 19, 17, 13).
7 Nights + 6 Day Park Hopper Plus
Port Orleans French Quarter
Garden View Room
2nd Half of August
Deluxe Dining
(No Memory Maker because I'm updating to AP for myself upon arrival).

$7,141

I’m envious of your “cheap trips”, haha. We are going this September. For 2 adults, 4 kids over 7 nights, it will be over $6400. That includes 5-day Park hoppers, and regular dining plan (free dining). We are staying in a family suite at AOA, at least for now. Also, we are thinking about doing the MNSSHP, so add another $400 something to that.

LOL, me too. I read these and always think I could have/should have found a better deal!

$8041.19 For Grand Floridian Club Level 11/20-11/26, includes 5 day park hoppers 4 guests
$1500 total for the flights (4 people)

Yikes! Scary to see it all laid out like that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter