How much is your 2018 Disney trip going to cost?

Oh my... Seeing all the responses on here, and the money you all are saving just depresses me, but happy for you all... I'm taking my daughter, her husband and my 4 grandchildren. Ages, 7,3, and Twins will be 18 months when we go..
We're booked at the OKW, 2 bedroom villa....standard rate, because all the sun and fun discounts were already booked.... I'm hoping someone doesn't pay their deposit, and we can get in on the discount.... If not.... A 7 night stay, along with deluxe dining, is over 10,000..... Geese, did I just say that?! Wow!!!!! But, it's all worth it, just to see my grandchildren's faces, when they see Cinderella's castle for the first time!!!

Later this month:

5 nights @ Coronado = $600 (credit card and Disney Visa discounts)
Flights @ Frontier = $115 for 2/ RT (plus $75 in bag fees for free from Amex plat credits)
Car @ Hertz = $140 (Priceline and primary insurance from United card)
Have AP bought in October for Food and Wine, this will be the third use of them, so no new ticket price.
Have gift cards bought on discount and from xmas for food

Edit to add I might wipe out the Frontier cost with my Arrival miles. Haven't decided yet.

Just a heads-up Yak &Yeti QS is not owned by Landry's. They own the TS.
"Peak Time" Trip- 2 adults, 2 kids, & an infant

Travel Expenses: $401.48, saved $143.52
*This does not count snacks on road trip, as I will use my grocery budget to pick up stuff before hand)
  • Gas: $200 for $250 worth of gas cards (saved $50 by gas card discounts through Publix)
  • Lunch: Zaxby's Paid $52.50 for $75 in gift cards, saved 22.50
  • Dinner/Souvenirs (plus probably a breakfast/lunch/snack at Yak Yeti): Trex Restaurant $109 (Paid 84 for 120 worth of gift cards,will also join Landry's Select, add birthday and get $50 for $25, meaning we will have 170 to put towards food at Trex, Yak and Yeti QS lunch or breakfast, and gift shops)
  • Dessert/Snack: Ghirardelli-$39.98 for $50 in gift cards, saved 10.02)
7 Nights Lodging: $1892.10, saved $1270.86 (breaks down to $270.30 a night for 5 nights deluxe, 2 nights moderate)
  • 2 Nights POR-Riverside Royal Guest Room- $690.12, (saved 65.88 from gc deals)
  • 5 Nights Poly- $1890.00 (saved 1204.98 by booking DVC Points)
Theme Park Tickets/Memory Maker: $1846.05, saved $261.27
  • 6 Day Park Hoppers: $1721.09 (saved $217.23 black friday deal)
  • Memory Maker: $124.96 (originally 169, saved $44.04 by booking early and gift card deals)
Disney World Food: $2589.96, saved $85.04
  • Deluxe Dining Plan (only for Poly): $1630 (no savings since I had to pay through DVC without gc deals)
  • Estimated Tips: $479.98 ($500, saved $20.02 through gc deals. -I budgeted high, since we are eating mostly at signature restaurants, anything left over will be used on souvenirs checkout day)
  • To be Determined, Estimated $500 with $20.02 gift card savings so $479.98: Epcot Flower and Garden Dining Booths and possible a Dessert Party
  • POR Food Court: Free (probably only 1 meal or some snacks, free because I have $45 gift cards I earned from Christmas purchase rebates)
* At this time I am not counting additional souvenir spending because I will likely use my credit card points (free gift cards).

Total: $6729.59, saved $1760.69

Our last big Disney Trip was Christmas 2015 (we went to one Halloween Party in between then and this trip). This is a "splurge" for us, given we are trying the Deluxe Dining Plan for the first time (yes, I did crunch numbers) and we are staying at deluxe and moderate. A dessert party, if I can book it, it will be our fun extra on the trip and was factored in. The total amounts breaks down to $240.34 a day per person, not counting the baby, who is considered "free" by Disney requirements. Given that we can only travel at the peak times due to school, I like having the splurges to offset the crowds and weather. :)

2018 February trip
Used a TA for this trip...started the booking late fall at YC club and ended up moving it in December to BC club Standard view for $389/night...the best rate I had found was $420 club at YC and I was thrilled with that one. My TA really came through!

2 adults
Annual pass = $O (well sunk costs - this will bring the total to 23 days used)
BC Club = $2000 - 5 nights
Airfare = $260 ($520 for 2 people offset by 250 in vouchers)
Food = $500 (its real low when we stay club- we also have TiW card - the benefit to us is the savings on alcohol $$)
Car/Uber = $170

Well keep it under $3000.

Right now I have it budgeted at approx. $5,400 for our trip next month:

5 Nights at POFQ= $571.96
2 Nights at Poly Studio=$606
Airfare for 4=$508
Food budget= $2000
Tickets for 3 (I have an AP)= $1407
Souvenirs= Approx. $300

This is our first family trip without a DDP and I am a little nervous about the food costs...

Oh my... Seeing all the responses on here, and the money you all are saving just depresses me, but happy for you all... I'm taking my daughter, her husband and my 4 grandchildren. Ages, 7,3, and Twins will be 18 months when we go..
We're booked at the OKW, 2 bedroom villa....standard rate, because all the sun and fun discounts were already booked.... I'm hoping someone doesn't pay their deposit, and we can get in on the discount.... If not.... A 7 night stay, along with deluxe dining, is over 10,000..... Geese, did I just say that?! Wow!!!!! But, it's all worth it, just to see my grandchildren's faces, when they see Cinderella's castle for the first time!!!

You might want to consider changing from Deluxe Dining to Regular Dining to save some money. If you're not doing 3 sit down meals per day it might not be worth the cost. Just something to think about.

October 19-26
Myself and my 2 daughters, ages 13 and 15 at time of trip

Park tickets: 5-day park-hoppers for the girls (bought in Jan 2017) $828.54; DVC 13-month Gold AP (bought in Jan 2017) $540
7 nights in Standard View studio at AKV-Jambo House : $0 (DVC Member)
Round-Trip airfare from GR to Orlando (hopefully on SWA) : around $1000 (using points for some of it)
Tables in Wonderland Card: $150
Food: $1100
Groceries from AmazonPrimeNow: $50
(1) Night at the Orlando Airport Hyatt: $280
Miscellaneous Expenses: $300

Total: about $4000

BUT...

....Through things like eBates, SwagBucks, credit card rewards, and other "freebies", I have so far managed to accumulate about $1100 of that budget and I still have almost 10 more months to save. The park tickets were paid off last year so right now, it's primarily the food budget and the airfare that I am saving for. I have gift cards totaling about $750 right now so I have just under $400 more to save towards my food budget. I spent $440 on SWA points to cover at least (3) one-way tickets (hopefully more), and I already have the $50 in Amazon gift cards earned (free!) to pay for our groceries. When all is said and done, my out-of-pocket cost for this trip will be about $2300. The rest will all be from "freebies":sunny:.

Feb 28- March 7
2 adults kid free trip :)

7 Nights at Caribbean beach resort
6 day park tickets
dining plan
=$3,200 US. Converted in to CND too much, about $4,100 :(

Flight free with points only have to pay taxes/ fees =$123

budget for about +/- $500 for Souvenirs

We are going Oct 2018. DH and I are taking advantage of military discounts and spending a week at Pop in a preferred room with regular dining for $1700. Military tickets will add about $500 for both of us and flights were about $850 round trip from San Diego, Ca

Not sure how far south you are but have you ever considered flying out of LAX? You could save a significant amount doing so. I typically fly to MCO for well under $300 PP and the last time it was $180 PP RT out of LAX. I live in North OC myself so SNA, ONT and LGB are closest but LAX is typically cheapest for the longer hauls.

Not sure how far south you are but have you ever considered flying out of LAX? You could save a significant amount doing so. I typically fly to MCO for well under $300 PP and the last time it was $180 PP RT out of LAX. I live in North OC myself so SNA, ONT and LGB are closest but LAX is typically cheapest for the longer hauls.

We are about 10 minutes away from San Diego International. We actually ended up buying tickets out of LAX for just under $550.

Hubby and I- $3700
9 days
Pop, preferred room
9 day park hoppers
QS meal plan
Memory Maker
Flight - 2 Round trip/non stop from So Cal $550 on SW

I know I posted early, but here's our exact (or very close) numbers for our April '18 trip.

Package price: $1,800;
Food: $650;
Souvenirs: $500;
Flights: $400;
Rental car: $254
Travel (drive to Dallas and stay at hotel night before trip), $200;
Total: $4,000

Upcoming Disneyland trip
Flights $800 (great price for Melb Au- LA)
Annual pass $800
Accommodation ~$1000
Putting aside $1000 for spending money (food= hoping to split most meals so not to pricey that way/souvenirs)

= $3600, definitely not a cheap hobby!

We are going next week: Two adults staying six nights at a Value Studio at AKL with 6-day one park per day tickets:

$450 - Airfare
$820 - Hotel
$790 - Tickets
$35 - snacks for room
$200 - souvenirs
$700 - food - might be way off on this. We only have Garden Grill booked for the Broadway Concert series and Yak and Yeti, everything else will be counter service meals. We typically go to Disneyland and spend about $100 a day on food.

Total = $2995

We booked our hotel by renting points 11 months prior so that was paid in full back in Feb 2017.
airline was paid for around May or June 2017
Tickets were our Christmas gifts to each other in Dec 2017.

So out of pocket in 2018 will be our snacks, food and souvenirs to some extent $975 - $450 gift cards = $545.

We have collected $400 in Disney gift cards and $50 in Landry's (Yak and Yeti) that will be used for food.

Souvenirs that are available on the Disney app we will purchase using our Annual pass discount from Disneyland rather than purchasing in person at WDW to save 15% and have them either sent to the resort or home (if over $75 free shipping).

We will use our Disney Visa debit whenever possible to save the 10%.

My 71 year old dad and I are going 11/26-12/3. $3885.00 per person (two rooms) with QSD. air fare on dad’s points. We’ll do hoop de doo and Via Napoli oop.

April 19 to the 28th. Staying at POFQ. Dining plan with one daily table service. 8 day park tickets with hopper. One free water park ticket. Memory maker and non stop airfare on jet blue = 4700.

Family of 5 all Disney adults:

RT air $1692.00

Split stay BC and Poly standard room with 5 day park hopper (plus a free + option):
$3838.80 (5 nights at BC with the 5 day park hopper)
$1949.05 (5 nights at Poly)

Airport parking will probably be close to $200.

Food: I think I am going to average $60/meal so $120/day for the 5 of us so around $1600-which I already have between the Disney visa rewards and lots of free gift cards I have earned. This includes our refillable mugs and snacks and eating at WCC and possibly 50s prime time. We do not buy soda in the parks and mainly eat counter service. I am hoping less though. My girls will easily eat Mac and cheese cups on 2 pool days so right there that is $1.00 meal between them if I get the 4 pack for 2 for $4.

Add about $100 for groceries-water, breakfast stuff that we eat in the room.

My kids have some gift cards to spend. I don’t spend more then $100 on crap-an ornament, a mug maybe or a cup and a pen or two....maybe a purse, but I end up saying no because I don’t want to spend the money.

Oh and probably $25 for baggage on the way down for sun screen and shampoo.
I don't think 5 adults can eat on 120.00 dollars per day at Disney World unless you all order off the kids menu at quick service

$11,242.32 September 6-17th Contemporary Atrium Cub Level Theme Park View. Magic My Way package includes 9 days park hopper for 4 of us. 2 Adults, 2 children. We were able to snag Free Dining with Bonce Back offer. We're going to add the "Theme Park Extra" package to snag the extra FP+ at 90 days and the nightly prefered seating for the shows. 243 days to go and can't wait!

Edit: were doing MNSSHP and Memory maker, just haven't booked those yet.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter