How much is AAA discount on tickets?

groover

Earning My Ears
I know how much the AAA discounts are on the resorts based on the season and property category, but how much does AAA/Disney discount for park tickets? Is it the same as your hotel discount?

I would like to know this too. Can you buy all tickets from AAA? Even AP's? Does anyone know how much tickets are with AAA? Sorry for all the questions. I have been running numbers and figures over and over again trying to find out our best bet for our two trips.

Thanks!

i didn't think they had a discount on tickets. ticketmania- or one of the ticket places listing on www.wdwinfo.com will list websites to get discounted tickets.

When I talked to a AAA agent the other day, he said the AAA discount on tickets was about $10. If you are paying a $25 booking fee, there goes that $10. The AAA rate I got quoted wasn't that much less then the rate from our Disney online quote, and wasn't any less then the quote I got from the smallworld agent I contacted.

You really have to watch AAA prices and do your homework - they can vary alot from state to state. And different day length tickets were cheaper in different locations - just because they offered one ticket the cheapest of anyone doesn't mean all their tickets are the cheapest. I discovered that purchasing tickets thru AAA here wound up being my most expensive option. I could actually go to the local Disney store and get them cheaper. They actually add local sales tax on top of the FL sales tax at my AAA - so be sure and do your homework and comparison shop!

Thanks for the tip, SuzEm....

I am really leaning toward doing my room through DU with my AAA discount and doing my meals separately. My wife and I share a meal quite often when we go out...an effort not to waste food as much as a cost cutting measure. If we limit the number of buffets and character meals this year, I think we'll do just as good as we could with the dining option and paying rack rate.

At least, that's the conclusion I'm rapidly coming to. Someone want to talk me out of it? We're looking at 5 nights at AKL (value season).

SuzEm said:
You really have to watch AAA prices and do your homework - they can vary alot from state to state. And different day length tickets were cheaper in different locations - just because they offered one ticket the cheapest of anyone doesn't mean all their tickets are the cheapest. I discovered that purchasing tickets thru AAA here wound up being my most expensive option. I could actually go to the local Disney store and get them cheaper. They actually add local sales tax on top of the FL sales tax at my AAA - so be sure and do your homework and comparison shop!

Oh this is sooo true. The closer you are to orlando the cheaper an AAA ticket is. And thats across the boarder - this includes all theme parks in Orlando. Last summer we stayed in a Hotel in Georgia (on our way to Orlando - AAA office was right next door so I walked in) and they had all kinds of extra incentives and tickets I'd never heard of. I was told that it didn't matter which state I lived in as long as I was a member. Now, it does matter online - but I was a walk in. Give AAAsouth.com a few weeks to update - you can see for yourself.

Our AAA in Missouri used to have (as of 1/1/05) a hefty discount on hopper tickets, tax included and $1.50 shipping.

When I checked yesterday, the page I was transferred to looked just like a Disney page - with Disney prices. It also had a "ticket calculator" that didn't work, so it was difficult to find a final total price. But it sure didn't look like it had anything near as good a deal as we used to get. Pooh! Humbug!

DisFlan

I keep checking the AAASouth page as I live in Florida and they still have the old Park Hoppers. The only thing new is the Annual Pass that went up in price. Does anyone know when would they update to the latest tickets?

Thanks
Eric

eelvira said:
I keep checking the AAASouth page as I live in Florida and they still have the old Park Hoppers. The only thing new is the Annual Pass that went up in price. Does anyone know when would they update to the latest tickets?

Thanks
Eric

I would give them a week or two. Hopefully your trip isn't too soon. I've been given quotes, but I'm totally convinced that few vendors (including disney themselves) really know what they are doing. I've been waiting patiently (since Dec 2nd) for these quotes and I've gotten 4 different quotes for the same trip - so I have time - and I'll wait. I'm gonna let them get the kinks out - and wait til HWSC comes out with their tickets (They are known to have the cheapest tickets).

djm99, HSWC...please enlighten me, what is that? Are they cheaper than AAA? I thought AAA at least here in Florida had the best deal all around. a 6 day PHP for $280 something....Around $305 with tax if memory serves and an Annual Florida Pass for $280 something before tax...less than $10 than the 6 day PHP.

If there is a cheaper place to buy tickets than AAA I'm very interested.

Thanks
Eric

eelvira said:
djm99, HSWC...please enlighten me, what is that? Are they cheaper than AAA? I thought AAA at least here in Florida had the best deal all around. a 6 day PHP for $280 something....Around $305 with tax if memory serves and an Annual Florida Pass for $280 something before tax...less than $10 than the 6 day PHP.

If there is a cheaper place to buy tickets than AAA I'm very interested.

Thanks
Eric

Well, when you live in Florida you are usually given better deals (there are discounts just for Florida and some other surrounding states). According to ouraaa.com (midwest states AAA) a 6 day hopper plus is 292.00 (this includes tax - no shipping charge if you walk in) and $236 for a child. AAA (in at least my area) will continue to sell old tickets until they are gone or given other instructions (thats what I was told Monday when I walked in my local Clayton, MO office). On Hotwire's site this same 6 day hopper plus is $276.07 and 221.42 for a child. Hotwire includes taxes and free standard shipping. Hotwire is no longer selling these tickets online, but I called yesterday and was told that they will continue to sell until they are all out over the phone only.

I'm willing to wait until both Hotwire and AAA gets their stuff in order. My local AAA agent is in training this week and they are in the process of getting all the info so they can update their websites (they were trying to sell me a Dream Makers Package) - This is the same for Hotwire. If you have the time to wait a couple more weeks I would - I wouldn't rush out and buy the first "deal" that you see!!!!

Thanks for all the info. I didn't know Hotwire sells tickets. I thought they were for hotels and airlines. I'll have to check them. My trip is in Easter so I do have time. It's just anxiety to know what should I get...PHP before they run out or the new tickets if AAA has a better discount on those....I'll take a deep breath and relax. :)

Thanks
Eric

eelvira said:
Thanks for all the info. I didn't know Hotwire sells tickets. I thought they were for hotels and airlines. I'll have to check them. My trip is in Easter so I do have time. It's just anxiety to know what should I get...PHP before they run out or the new tickets if AAA has a better discount on those....I'll take a deep breath and relax. :)

Thanks
Eric

Its actually www.hotwiresavingsclub.com. Yeah this is the same Hotwire that does the hotels.

There isn't any information at the link. You can only login from there if you have an account. Looking around Hotwire they just give minimal information and push you joining for a free month but then they want $9.95 a month! That's a $120 year! What you save in tickets you will lose in the memebership....or am I missing something.

Thanks

Eric

eelvira said:
There isn't any information at the link. You can only login from there if you have an account. Looking around Hotwire they just give minimal information and push you joining for a free month but then they want $9.95 a month! That's a $120 year! What you save in tickets you will lose in the memebership....or am I missing something.

Thanks

Eric

I pay only $7.95 a month - and I get many perks. I buy ALL my movie passes ($4.50 each), many gift cards (ex: Targets: you buy one for $10 and you get $2 rebate - sent to your account - some cards are $25 and you get $5 rebate). The first 30 days are free and your first purchase gives you a $10 rebate. They have lots of themeparks discount tickets and they were one of the few places that sold meal vouchers (Hopefully they will continue to sell them) - standard shipping is ALWAYS free. Standard shipping usually comes within a week. I've used them many many times - and love them.

today i purchased 4 day park hopper passes for $212 adult price, i got other quotes from various sources that were between $234 and $260. also the aaa office said that beginning next week they would be selling only magic your way passes that had a lot of options for a price including making the pass have the no experation deal. so all in all i'm happy i have my passes and just looking forward to our trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter