How much exercise did you do per day as a child?

Yup, I'm a 60's and 70's kid too, we played outside from the minute we got up till dark, it was a blast. That was our "exercise" back then, but never thought of it as exercise, it was just plain fun with the neighborhood kids. Parents didn't worry where you were back then, because everyone played with each other, it was so different from now. The word "playdate" didn't exist.

No clue. I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s. We ran around and played outside all the time and rode our bikes. Getting exercise back then wasn’t really an issue. Also didn’t grow up eating all the crap that kids eat now.
This. I was a 70s kid also. We spent lots of time playing games with the other kids that lived on our street. I roller skated almost every day. In the Summer I lived at the shore so we were on the beach or at the pool at the hotel where my mom and grandmother worked, swimming. I never totaled it all up, but I'd say maybe in the city a few days a week I got lots of exercise, at the shore in Summer more.

If it was cold weather (December-early March where I grew up), virtually none. It wouldn't snow much, but when it did we were outside having snowball fights/sledding/etc.

From Mid-March through Thanksgiving, we were outside all the time. At least 2 hours/day on a school night, at least 4-5 hours on a non-school night or in the summer.

If there was nothing going on we were riding bikes or goofing around in a nearby creek, catching tadpoles, making dams, etc. If we could get enough of us together we'd play whatever sport was in season: wiffle ball, baseball, football, basketball, etc.

Sometimes we'd just play in a random neighbor's back yard because they had the best layout for whatever game we were playing. They wouldn't even have kids, but we'd just play in their yard, anyway. They never said anything to us or talked to our parents, AFAIK. Looking back, they were very patient with us!

No clue. Was a child of the 70s so I played outside most of the day riding bikes and playing games. In the summer spent lots of time in the pool. I was took lots of dance classes as a child.

A ton. Dance classes 3 nights a week, plus I was usually rehearsing one play and in performances for another. Also building sets for the shows. Summer was day camp, where we alternated going to the skating rink or swimming in the afternoons after a morning of high energy games like kickball or shipwreck. Theme parks usually at least once a week. And in my spare time, riding bikes all over town with my friends.

Like others said, every moment I wasn't sleeping or in school. Our bikes were our freedom. We rode everywhere. We rode no where in the woods on a dirt circle track with a ramp.

Into high school it was basketball in the church parking lot every night. Softball if not basketball all day. When they put sand volley ball courts in, we played volleyball. Winter didn't slow us down. Hockey hockey hockey. You will find muscles you never knew you had throwing on a pair of hockey skates.

Even just chilling and doing nothing was at least a little bit of movement lifting and kicking your leg for the hackysack.

I grew up in California, so in elementary school we were outside playing, riding our bikes, etc. pretty much all the time we weren't in school (and even then there was recess and PE). We dressed for gym every day in junior high and high school. In high school there was drill team after school, graduating to cheerleading practice. We always walked to school and back every day. No one thought about having to "get exercise". It was just life.

7th grade through 12th grade, at least one hour a day during the school year since that is how long the PE class lasted.
A couple additional hours twice a week when I played Little League. A little more on days I walked to and from school.

No clue. I grew up in the 60’s and 70’s. We ran around and played outside all the time and rode our bikes. Getting exercise back then wasn’t really an issue. Also didn’t grow up eating all the crap that kids eat now.
Yep. All of this and the same for the PPs

No clue. Like others said, we mostly played outside a lot, rode bikes, roller skated... I also walked to and from elementary school and home from junior high and high school (about a mile) five days a week.

Yup, I'm a 60's and 70's kid too, we played outside from the minute we got up till dark, it was a blast. That was our "exercise" back then, but never thought of it as exercise, it was just plain fun with the neighborhood kids. Parents didn't worry where you were back then, because everyone played with each other, it was so different from now. The word "playdate" didn't exist.
Ditto, to these and all others whose "exercise" was playing outside from the minute they changed out of their school clothes until the street lights came on, or my mom yelled, "Leebee, Leebee's sister, DINNER!" and we'd go running. Man, the moms in those days sure had a set of lungs on 'em- musta been from all the cigarettes they smoked!!

No one thought about having to "get exercise". It was just life.
This. And I graduated right to working physical jobs (theme parks, residential mental health, construction...) It's only been the past few years that I've worked a desk job at all, and even worse it's from home. This having to figure out how to get enough exercise is so confusing to me, but I have to figure it out because I seem to be developing chronic back pain from sitting lol

Same here. We had PE (or recess when we were younger) in school as well. Basically, as soon as we got home from school we were outside playing until time for supper then if it was still light out, went out after supper. A few places we lived, I also walked to school, sometimes it was close to a mile away.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!