How much do you trust you county/state numbers (sorry COVID related)

FWIW, I don't think that poster specifically believed that theory but that it's just another one of the crazy theories floating out there...just as off-the-wall as someone thinking that churches were purposefully targeted for closure. But maybe I'm wrong in assuming that poster's thoughts.
It has to be, heck many of the protesters are white.

I don’t look at any numbers except the numbers coming from the hospital I work for which also happens to be a covid hub. I trust these numbers.

FWIW, I don't think that poster specifically believed that theory but that it's just another one of the crazy theories floating out there...just as off-the-wall as someone thinking that churches were purposefully targeted for closure. But maybe I'm wrong in assuming that poster's thoughts.

I’m hoping they really didn’t mean it either.😊. But these crazy theories floating around are exactly that. Crazy.
Some days I think I world has gone mad. What a year it’s been!

I trust that our county health department and government are reporting as accurately as they can. There are some questions about who to "count" (ie, does a visitor who lives in another state get reported here or in that other state) and there have been some mis-reporting of nursing home numbers that was identified and made public.
There is also the underlying fact that the tests aren't totally accurate, so even if the results are reported 100% faithfully, it doesn't mean the numbers are actually 100% accurate.

So yet - I believe the numbers, but also recognize that they aren't perfect.

I don’t pay attention to numbers. I‘m more interested in trying to keep up with what reopening stage we’re in and what the everchanging rules are for that.

COVID-19 is a conspiracy junkie's playground.

I'm by Chicago, Cook County and Illinois and have some of the toughest rules that are almost never bent, for any reason or anybody. Numbers and progress are reported daily. After big numbers in late March, early April, our numbers have been on a steady march downward. The policies of the various bodies 'running the the show' are definitely bearing good fruit.

A number of complainers, whiners and conspiracy folks out there, but the results speak for themselves.

I do trust the numbers put forth

I know people working in grocery stores that went back to work a week after testing positive. They just had to be symptom free and they we’re back at work.

I am in MD and I trust our numbers. They are released every day at 10am and include county by county, even by zip code, and they recently started reporting number of cases in nursing homes. We see number of tests done, negatives, positives, number hospitalized, number in ICU, number released from hospital/isolation. Each of these show a - or + showing the daily change.

I know people working in grocery stores that went back to work a week after testing positive. They just had to be symptom free and they we’re back at work.

All the guidelines I've seen say symptom free (without fever reducing drugs, of course) for 72 hours, then you can go back to work/life/etc. It's not like once you test positive you're contagious forever and ever.

All the guidelines I've seen say symptom free (without fever reducing drugs, of course) for 72 hours, then you can go back to work/life/etc. It's not like once you test positive you're contagious forever and ever.

I agree. But some want people quarantining for weeks at a time after testing positive.

Last edited:
Let me clarify. I don’t think our county is purposely lying. I trust that they are accurately reporting case numbers. I just think that they may be inaccurately reporting testing number, possibly due to human error or other factors. Not because they are trying to put any type of spin on things.

My country says 10 days plus the 72 hours of no fever or other symptoms. If you’ve been exposed you have to quarantine for 14 days.

First Tweet I saw on my feed today. Yikes!

Stuff like that will be happening all the time. People will get to the point they won't go get tested, with all the rules now its impractical. Do we really expect people to self isolate anytime they get a symptom of covid for 2 weeks. In the end many are gonna hope they stay mild and carry on with life like every other illness. Don't have to agree with it, but it is what is going to happen. People need to work, companies can't afford to pay people for 2 weeks of no work to self isolate for much longer. It is all a big mess.

But there have been many cases where symptoms return after people felt well again. Hopefully there will be more testing do that one can see if they’re negative.

Stuff like that will be happening all the time. People will get to the point they won't go get tested, with all the rules now its impractical. Do we really expect people to self isolate anytime they get a symptom of covid for 2 weeks. In the end many are gonna hope they stay mild and carry on with life like every other illness. Don't have to agree with it, but it is what is going to happen. People need to work, companies can't afford to pay people for 2 weeks of no work to self isolate for much longer. It is all a big mess.
Well that will really suck considering how contagious it is. If you are positive you shouldn’t be around people.

And this is why we will continue to fail at pandemics. Besides the whole "you can't tell me what to do" mentality, we have zero laws protecting sick workers.

My country says 10 days plus the 72 hours of no fever or other symptoms. If you’ve been exposed you have to quarantine for 14 days.

The 14 days since exposure is because it can take 14 days for symptoms to show up. That's different than when you're OK to return to work/life after you've definitely had it.

I'm not a doctor or epidimiologist - I'm just reporting what my office and county have both said. At one point, they said two negative tests taken at least 24 hours apart, but they took that out because if you have a negative test but still feel crappy you shouldn't be coming to work.
When does the 10 days start counting from? Exposure? Positive test? Feeling sick?

But there have been many cases where symptoms return after people felt well again. Hopefully there will be more testing do that one can see if they’re negative.

Yeah, I think that's why it's 72 hours, not the typical 24 hours with the flu, etc.
Again, I'm not a doctor and this could totally be wrong! It's just the guidance I've been given by institutions I (mostly) trust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter