How much do you bring to the parks (with younger kids)

When we went to the parks with a 7yo and an almost 2yo, we had a stroller so the bags went underneath. The 7yo had her own string backpack with autograph book, sharpies, and pin lanyard. Then we had a small crossbody backpack for the little one with a diaper caddy with a few diapers & wipes. Extra diapers in the crossbody along with extra shorts for the toddler, a sippy cup, quart size baggie of snacks, sunscreen, and a receiving blanket (for sun shade over the stroller for naps). Honestly, everything could have fit in 1 bag easily, but DD wanted her own bag and we had the stroller so it didn't matter.

Next trip will be with a 7yo and 13yo. No stroller. Will just have the small crossbody backpack with (if either kid wants them) autograph book(s) and sharpies and pin lanyards. Also sunscreen and hand sanitizer. That'll be it. And if we will only be in the parks a couple hrs (like going after dinner or something), we will likely apply sunscreen first and bring nothing. I have no desire to carry a bunch of stuff we aren't likely to need. Maybe it's just me, but even just carrying a 5 lb backpack around can get tiring after a few hours, not to mention make you hotter and sweatier. Phones, cards/ids, chapstick, and sunglasses on person/in pockets. Not much else we really need. In emergency, we can get just about anything at the parks anyway.

Last edited:
This is on our list:

cheap ponchos
gummies/granola bars/daddy snacks
refillable water bottles
ma's snacks
phone chargers (portable)
sunglasses
hats/ears
autograph books/pens
cooling towels
wet wipes
cell phone
itenerary card
bandaids
hair ties
kindle
sunscreen
picnic blanket
metal straws
wet bags
two compact umbrellas
kids water shoes
spare contacts
chapstick
wallet
hand sanitizers
light up stuff
bubble wands
a change of clothes
zip loc bags
extra socks
glasses cleaning cloths

This is on our list:

cheap ponchos
gummies/granola bars/daddy snacks
refillable water bottles
ma's snacks
phone chargers (portable)
sunglasses
hats/ears
autograph books/pens
cooling towels
wet wipes
cell phone
itenerary card
bandaids
hair ties
kindle
sunscreen
picnic blanket
metal straws
wet bags
two compact umbrellas
kids water shoes
spare contacts
chapstick
wallet
hand sanitizers
light up stuff
bubble wands
a change of clothes
zip loc bags
extra socks
glasses cleaning cloths
omg this list is amazing 😍 do you have a picture of what your itinerary cards look like?

So we took our 3yo back in May and it was our first trip together. We planned well and were prepared and brought everything we knew we would need and a lot of stuff that we could see potentially needing. It was just myself and my wife, and our daughter (almost 3 at the time). We boht brought a park bag and we brought our Chicco stroller. We ended up actually needing very little from our park bags during our trip, though other than bringing only one bag between the two of us, I'm not sure there is anything we wouldn't bring to the parks in the future. Our bags and accessories included
  • Small First Aid (Bandaids/Neo, tylenol,etc)
  • Disposable ponchos (2 for us and one for kiddo)
  • Battery bank (i think ours are 10k mah)
  • Charging Cables
  • SUNSCREEN
  • Desitin (for us and the kiddo)
  • Gold Bond (mostly for me, dad)
  • Deodorant
  • Diapers / Wipes (we never actaully needed to change a diaper i nthe parks, as our LO was/is potty training and did really well!)
  • Hand Sanitizer
  • Packable Towel (never used it but its a microfiber towel that packs into a tiny size)
  • Extra Socks!!
  • Activity / stickers book for the kiddo
  • Extra t-shirt and shorts for the kiddo
  • SNACKS!
Outside of our park bags, we also brought a rain cover for our stroller that we just tossed in the bottom basket area and then I tossed by backpack on top of it. My bag, being bigger, held a bit more extras than wifey's but we pretty much both had the same stuff. On our last day there, we left wifey's bag and only brought mine (which lived in the stroller basket) and it was a bit better so i hte future I think 1 park bag between us and probably all the same stuff (hopefully without the diapers). We did have to dip in to the first aid kit a time or two adn we used everything except the Towel, Ponchos (no rain on our trip) and change of clothes and diapers so I dont see cutting much. Also it's really not that much packed into a standard size backpack. My wife carries a Loungelfly so space is much more limited there.

At 6 and 8....really nothing. We started going mostly bagless and strollerless at age 5.

If we did take a bag to the park it had ponchos, autograph book and phone charger. We did week long trips and most of our days were RD, midday pool break and PM park. We figured what do we possibly HAVE to have for 4-5 hours and it turned out to be not much. We took ponchos if rain was in the forecast, we took the autograph book if we had a character meal or planned on meeting characters and a phone charger if we would be in the parks longer and thought our phones would need a charge. More than half the time we didn't take a bag.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter