How much are you spending in Gas?

Lil Lil

DIS Veteran
With the HIGH gas prices, how much are you spending in gas per week or month? I know people with pick up trucks/SUV's and Mini Vans spending around $110.00 a week in gas easily :scared1: I'd say for DH and I we are spending a little under that amount total for 2 vehichles a week. Fortunately we don't have a long drive to work. They say gas may go even higher around the 4th of July :eek: !!!! This is crazy!!!

Wow! $1100 a week???!!! I think I'd have to quit and stay home if I had to pay that much b/c I wouldn't have any money by the time I pay for gas...and I thought I was working to pay for daycare. Yikes. I don't have a long commute so I probably pay around $120-175 a month. I parked the van and drive the camry and since dh is deployed there's on one car in commission.

Went to get gas today and the guy who pulled put from the pump ahead of me spent $100. I can't fathom spending that kind of money for one tank of gas in a pick up truck. Just wonder how many MPG he gets!
I spent $32 to fill up but I had not put gas in my car for 2 weeks!. I have been lumping errands together. If there are two stores that I need to go to that are relatively close I park half way between and walk.

Since the kids are out of school I'm not driving my Durango as much. I'm making a fill up last about 3-4 weeks. To fill it up it costs just about $111 (27 gallon tank, $4.14 for plus a gallon). Once they're back in school I'll be filling it up once a week. We have a Honda civic for our son to use but I'm using it when he's not since it gets great mileage.
We've decided to keep the suv for camping/pulling a trailer. When it's paid off we'll buy an accord or corolla and park the suv to use only for camping and winter driving.

Our truck has two tanks, so I imagine it would take in excess of $150 to fill it. Oh, and it gets about 16 mpg.

I budget $220 per month for gas. That is down from almost $400 per month now that our nephew decided to move back with his mom.

With the HIGH gas prices, how much are you spending in gas per week or month? I know people with pick up trucks/SUV's and Mini Vans spending around $110.00 a week in gas easily :scared1: I'd say for DH and I we are spending a little under that amount total for 2 vehichles a week. Fortunately we don't have a long drive to work. They say gas may go even higher around the 4th of July :eek: !!!! This is crazy!!!

We have 2 large SUVs, a smaller SUV and a car so we are paying about $1,200/month in gas. That doesn't include driving around in the boat. Hopefully the prices will stabilize.

We traded in our landcruiser for a highlander. It gets better gas mileage but still not good enough. We spend about 80 bucks a fill up and nerd 2 tanks a week due to nothing being close to us and kids activities. So that is 160 per week and that is just one car. My husband commutes about an hour and half one way and I don't know how much he spends or how often but it can't be pretty. Gas here is about 4.50 and up as high as 4.80. I am sure it will be 5 bucks soon.

Depends on the week.

DH had a busy day last month where he did tons of driving. He spent over $100 on gas that day.

Maybe a $120 a week, I carpool to work and pay a friend $20 a week to ride with him the three cars stayt pretty close to home so they don't use to much. Think about a price hedge though. I get oil royalties off some land I own and as the price of gas goes up, the amount of royalties I get go up to. Not a bad deal!

i filled up today-62 dollars-the last time i filled up was May 25. I drive a diesel VW bug-get close to 50 mpg and have a limited commute and most of my daily errands-marketing, post office,bank-are on the way to or from.

Right now I'm not spending much, because I don't have to go very many places. Two months ago I was filling my tank roughly twice a week, and my husband was doing the same, so between us we were spending about $125-$150 a week on gas. Now he is in Iraq and I am not working, so I probably only spend about $20 a week.

I only live 6.2 miles from work, but still paid $62 to fill the tank on Friday, barely making it through two weeks on that tank of gasoline.

Wow. I'm not going to complain about what we pay for gas anymore...

I fill up about every 2 weeks at around 50-60 for a tank. I drive an Escape (not hybrid) and pretty much only drive to and from work... about 6 miles each way.

DH drives a Volvo S40 and fills up a little more often than I do, but still only caps out at about $130-150 per MONTH. Wrecking the F-150 last summer may be the best thing that ever happened to us. :)

Gas around here has actually been going down this week; maybe in preparation to raise in 2 weeks. :confused3

Between DH and I we spend around $200/week in gas now. That's actually down because DH is laid off from his job and hasn't been driving as much. Once he goes back to work our gas bill will be closer to $400/week. :eek:

He drives a truck for work (needs it, he's in construction) that only gets 12mpg, but it's paid off and I'd rather deal with the gas cost than have a $600 car payment and higher insurance premium for the measly 5mpg he'd get in a new one. My car gets about 20mpg, but I drive about 400 miles a week to go back and forth to work & do errands. I suppose we could move closer to my job, but then we'd have a much higher mortgage payment as houses are more expensive in that area of the state.

Soooo, long story short.....we've decided to make changes in other areas of our life. The price of gas is something that we just have to deal with.

I usually buy $150.00 in gas gift cards on Sunday, that normally will last the week. I drive about 750 miles a week for my job in a small Saturn, my wife drives 42 miles round trip for work in a Saturn Vue. Both vehicles get decent mileage.

My mileage reimbursement from work more than covers fuel for both vehicles.

Right now I'm not spending much, because I don't have to go very many places. Two months ago I was filling my tank roughly twice a week, and my husband was doing the same, so between us we were spending about $125-$150 a week on gas. Now he is in Iraq and I am not working, so I probably only spend about $20 a week.

Best of luck to your husband in Iraq...and tell him thanks from all of us that get to be here.

I fill up about every 3 weeks. Last Friday, it was $39 of premium @ 4.29 per gal. Used to be about $20 every 3 weeks. :( I only have a 4 mile each way commute & a once a week grocery shopping trip which is 5 miles each way.

I will have had my car, an Eclipse, 5 yrs this August & only have a little over 21,000 miles on it. :lovestruc I will retire at the end of 2009 so I hope to be able to keep this car well into retirement, as I will be driving even less then.

I just filled up two days ago for $75. However that should last me at least two week or even 2.5 weeks.

DH spends $40 a week in gas, give or take. Sometimes if he plays golf at a further course he will end up spending a little more. So I would say we spend between $200 to $230 a month on gas. Not really all that much more than when we both worked and commuted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter