How many snow days have your schools had so far this winter?

We have 2 allocated but none used so far. Tomorrow will likely be the first.

Our district is very creative in using delayed openings and early dismissals to avoid a snow day.

Just a bit south from where you are and we also had a 2 hour delay yesterday. I think they were worried about freezing rain. Plus another delay and an early closing or 2 so far this year. I think they are definatley going to be closing us all tomorrow. I know my kids are praying they will!

I am sure they will close. I told my older 2 to bring home whatever you will need today for any homework.

It is beautiful out today. If there wasn't clouds I'd be sitting out in the sun enjoying the warmth!

I was at the crystal mall/BJs area and it hit 60. I had the windows cracked for the ride home.

Not sure if you Facebook but if you do and don't follow eweather, you should. He lives in Higganum/Haddam and it pretty accurate.

T
Today is our second snow day where the schools are closed. My daughter, however, commutes to college and her University is open for business. While it is a nice little break during the week, I would much rather have school end a few days earlier in the summer when the weather is nice.

Funny thing today is that there is nothing happening weatherwise right now. We are expecting sleet and freezing rain to start soon, however. Because our district encompasses two towns with lots of hills and young drivers going to the high school, I guess it is the right call to make.

What about where you live? Any snow days yet?

Three, but not for snow. We had a hurricane that took 2 days out and then a massive storm system that took another due to high winds and flooding.

Pretty sure will have one tomorrow. And to cry, it's in the 60's this afternoon with beautiful sunshine. Then we go from 50's early evening, to down into the low 30s by sunrise tomorrow. So not only cold, but 6 to 8 or so inches of snow to start around 6am tomorrow. Oh joy morning if all can sleep in and then play in the snow.

We've had two so far. We have 3 built in make up days so we lost the long weekend (created with two teacher work days) that was scheduled in mid March.

I was right - school is cancelled in my city and pretty much all over the Boston area tomorrow. I've seen maps that say 6-9 up to 14 plus inches for tomorrow.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter