How many snow days have your schools had so far this winter?

Louisville here--I think we've had 1 (our kids are grown so I don't pay attention to it as much). It's been a very low year for snow--collectively only about 2 inches since November, normally about 7-9 by this point.

I live in WNY. The school district I live in has had zero snow days thus far.
A couple other school districts in the southern tier have had a couple.
One was due to lake effect coming in mid school day the day prior and stranding children in the school or on buses into the wee hours of the morning.
Obviously teachers and children were exhausted and needed the following school day off.

This is the first time since Snovember in 2014 that we haven't had a number of snow days.
Some were due to several feet of snow but many in winter 2015 and winter 2016 were due to the cold.
One day in February 2015 the actual temp at 7am in my city was -11F with a wind chill of -35F.
Those two winters many schools used up their allotted days and then some but most chose not to tack days onto the end of the year because they were still within the legal limit of how many days school had to be in session to receive funding.

Zero and there won't be any - snow days aren't a thing here. There are occasions when a particular bus route can't operate or sometimes even more rarely, an individual school will close if the water freezes. Other than that it's business as usual for anybody that can get there. (In this city many, many kids live within walking distance of their public schools. DS went to private school but we always drove him.)

Are we neighbors???

Today is #4. Supposed to be sleet grossness most of the day, so I understand why they called it, even if it's not happening right now. Gotta keep the kids safe. AND now I can watch the Pat's parade!!!

I think we are neighbors....well at least from Mass. we are near Sturbridge...you?

We've had three unscheduled days off of school. But only one "counts". Last year they instituted "Non-traditional Instruction" days. Basically all kids have packets (either printed out or available online). If school is canceled, they can declare it an 'NTI Day' and it doesn't count against the 5 allowed snow days because the kids are still doing work. Last year we had 10 days off and they didn't have to extend the school year because of 5 NTI days.

Short version, we've had 1 day off and 2 NTI days.

Just one. We had a second day where there was an hour delay, but that's it.

That's unusual for here. Typically we have at least 3 or 4 snow days, I'd guess.

Northeast Massachusetts. No snow days so far. Have had a couple small snows, but no really big storms. Yet.

Iowa, and we had one for ice, I think. Maybe two just because the gravel roads were crappy. Barely any snow this year. The last few years they changed the schedule to counting hours instead of days, so they can have almost 9 snow days without adding on to the school year. I wish they had done it sooner, because there have been years I scheduled vacation shortly after school gets out and then worried all winter if snow days would make school run into vacation. It never did but it's nice not to worry at all now.

Hoping the mild winter means a nice spring for track season- it's our last sports season (DD's senior year) and I'm hoping not to freeze or sit in the rain.

South Jersey--we've had 0 because we haven't had any significant snowfall (yet). But my kids' school is pretty tight with the snow days, regardless. Instead they often choose to open two hours late.

I am in Winnipeg in Canada, and it seems we get snow daily, we actually got a winters worth of snow in one month, but the biggest hit was actually on Christmas so schools were already closed. We will sometimes have the school busses don't run but that is rare.

No snow days, or even delays here! But if younnwed some snow let me know I have plenty to share!

Nothing here! Our winter has been incredibly mild. I don't even think we've had a full week of sub-freezing temps. We've had a few very cold days, but never more than two or three at a time. It's going to be over 70 today...already 62 at 9:20am! It's supposed to get close to 80 on Saturday before temps fall into the 50s. This is the second year in a row like this...the previous two years we had a couple of snow storms that got the kids out for a few days.

I want to SEE snow, but not have it on the roads...it's kind of sad to get two years of nothing, though!

None. We don't have them here. I can only think of 2 in the last 40 years. Outside the city limits they do get them due to icy highways. Not in the city however.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter