How Many Sleeps Until Disney Mommy?! August 2009 PTR **WE'RE BACK!!!**

What a cutie patooie family you have! I love looking at pictures and reading reports. They are what keep me sane until our next WDW vacation

Thank you! I love looking at pics too. My son bought me a digital picture frame for Christmas two years ago - perfect gift for me! It sits in my office and I loaded up all my pictures and set it to change every 15 seconds. I could sit and stare at it all day!

Those are beautiful photos! I love the one of the kids in front of Everest, so cute! :cutie:

Thanks! It was soooo hot that day, I think we went straight to the river rapids after this pic. :crazy2:

Hey! Just found your PTR...we are going to be there at the same time as you!

:welcome: Watch for me, I'll be the one taking pictures! Oh....., wait. :lmao:

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I imagine if I had ever gone as a child I would have been so into the tiara thing. So I love that almost every picture of your DD she has on a tiara. I still want one.princess:

Which store were you in when you took the "I'd like to thank the Academy" picture?

Love the pictures. Thanks for sharing.

I imagine if I had ever gone as a child I would have been so into the tiara thing. So I love that almost every picture of your DD she has on a tiara. I still want one.princess:

Hmmmmmmm :idea: Since we now have the Tink hat, there is suddenly a tiara up for grabs! :scratchin

Which store were you in when you took the "I'd like to thank the Academy" picture?

I'm not positive but we were in Hollywood Studios and it was in one of the shops that are closest to the main entrance on Hollywood Blvd. I looked up what stores are there and it may be "Crossroads of the World" or "Mickey's of Hollywood" based on the descriptions of what they sell.

One of our favorite things to do is clown around in the stores taking silly pics :goodvibes

I love all the pictures!!!:goodvibes Such a great picture of your daughter and her "prince". Thank you for sharing!!!:)

OK, one less thing to plan... my headgear has been decided :thumbsup2

So I mentioned in MinnieNurse's PTR that thanks to the picture game she started, I found lots of pics on my computer from our first trip that I had forgotten :-)eek:yes forgotten). It was fun going back thru them and so now, here are a few to share. Let's try for some semblance of order shall we?

Magic Kingdom:

2006_0908Disney0336.jpg

2006_0908Disney0341.jpg

We really enjoyed the Cinderellabration show.

2006_0908Disney0428-1.jpg

We've seen this show so many times and still love it :3dglasses

2006_0908Disney0468-1.jpg

Hey! I have a skeleton picture too!! pirate:

2006_0908Disney0509-1.jpg

Watch out for the camel... it spits!!:rotfl:

2006_0901Disney20089-1.jpg

Our favorite parade from any park :love:

2006_0901Disney20091.jpg

He's pointing at me you know.

2006_0908Disney0297.jpg

From Cinderella's castle. Love the details!

2006_0908Disney0280.jpg

:rolleyes1 and they call it bella notte!

2006_0908Disney0070.jpg

My husband is Greek so had to throw this in :laughing:

2006_0901Disney20032.jpg

This would look fabulous in my front hallway. ;)

2006_0901Disney20034.jpg

2006_0901Disney20087.jpg

Arg!!

Next up... Downtown Disney

Downtown Disney:

2006_0908Disney0384.jpg

2006_0908Disney0385.jpg

2006_0908Disney0387.jpg

Fun stuff!

2006_0908Disney0408.jpg

Alex's favorite store EVER!

2006_0908Disney0380.jpg

They named a tree after me!! :lmao:

Polynesian Resort:

2007_0922Disney20070052.jpg

2007_0922Disney20070054.jpg

2007_0922Disney20070056.jpg

2007_0922Disney20070057.jpg

I'd like to spend more time there this year. We tend to rush out to catch the monorail.

2007_0922Disney20070058.jpg

Oh! There it is now!

Off to the Grand Floridian:

2006_0908Disney0201.jpg

Ooo la la !

2006_0908Disney0246.jpg

This wouldn't fit in my bag :lmao:

2006_0908Disney0269.jpg

2006_0908Disney0270.jpg

Fancy fancy!

Well folks, that completes for now our tour of the lost photos. Stay tuned for the next episode! :surfweb: I have no idea when.... but :goodvibes

Great pictures! I love looking at pictures from the past since Disney is always changing the parks, you know?

Spectromagic is my favorite too! On my last trip in May I bought the Spectromagic CD, it is absolutely wonderful. Makes driving to work so much better when I can listen to that music. :lovestruc

Wow, great pics. I love seeing the different things people take pictures of. It always gives me ideas for my next trip. Spectromagic is my favorite parade also, just something about it that makes me want to watch it every trip. :cloud9:

I have a picture of the castle in the globe for the gift store.

subbing....

Wow you are so close to your trip. Have you decided on flame tree BBQ yet? If you decide to go I'll be anxious to see how your meal goes. We all really want to eat there, but now reading about the birds I'm fearful, my 4 yo has high functioning autism or aspergers, he is on the border so they can't decide, but I fear the birds would freak him out.

LOVE your picture schedule as we have one for our daily lives and have been trying to figure how to do one for our trip. I like yours how it is not overly done, I tend to put too many pictures and plan out too much of his day.

I can't wait to see about your other plans and past tips, and of course I hope you will write about your trip when its over :scared1: but lets not talk about it being over, it needs to start first. I've only been to WDW once on my honeymoon, this will be our first trip with kids. (but I have been to Disneyland more times than I can count, I grew up in California)

Your family is too too cute, can't wait to read more popcorn::

Hi JPFamilyMom! :welcome:

subbing....

Wow you are so close to your trip. Have you decided on flame tree BBQ yet? If you decide to go I'll be anxious to see how your meal goes. We all really want to eat there, but now reading about the birds I'm fearful, my 4 yo has high functioning autism or aspergers, he is on the border so they can't decide, but I fear the birds would freak him out.

We're going to try for sure, maybe taking a look around first and if it looks good we'll stay. I'll definately report on how it goes :thumbsup2

LOVE your picture schedule as we have one for our daily lives and have been trying to figure how to do one for our trip. I like yours how it is not overly done, I tend to put too many pictures and plan out too much of his day.

It can be tough to find the balance, but I found with my daughter that if I let her make all the decisions between the plans on the schedule, she was thrilled.

I've only been to WDW once on my honeymoon, this will be our first trip with kids.

Look at everything threw their eyes and watch for all the small details. And of course, take lots of pictures!!!:rotfl:

Where is that Cinderella castle in the bubble? I've never seen that before! And I haven't see the Lady and the Tramp stuffed animals either, do they bring those out at certain times or something?

Where is that Cinderella castle in the bubble? I've never seen that before! And I haven't see the Lady and the Tramp stuffed animals either, do they bring those out at certain times or something?

The castle in the bubble is in a store on Main Street USA in MK. One of the first ones as you enter the park. I'm not sure about the Lady and the Tramp animals, but come to think of it, I don't remember seeing them other than that first year. Maybe we lucked out! :dogdance:

Love all the "lost" pictures you found!!!:goodvibes We saw the SpectroMagic parade for the first time in April and loved it!! Unfortunately the batteries died in my camera during the middle, so I wasn't didn't get too many pictures of it.:sad2: You would think with how much I love to take pictures I would be better prepared. Oh well....The Lady and the Tramp stuffed animals are so cute!!

Love all the "lost" pictures you found!!!:goodvibes We saw the SpectroMagic parade for the first time in April and loved it!! Unfortunately the batteries died in my camera during the middle, so I wasn't didn't get too many pictures of it.:sad2: You would think with how much I love to take pictures I would be better prepared. Oh well....The Lady and the Tramp stuffed animals are so cute!!

I can't count how many times I've run out of batteries and not had spares with me. I finally did learn though to bring an entire club pack with me :rotfl:

For our first trip I had bought a new memory card for my digital camera and loaded it up for our breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. It was my daughter's first character visit with princesses and I knew I was going to take TONS of pictures. Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Belle all in the same room?! Oh yeah, tons of pictures.

Alas, the brand new souped up memory card did not like my old little camera and decided to flake out when Snow White (the princess my daughter dresses up as every Halloween) came to our table. :faint:

My DH, my hero, ran (and I do mean ran!) to the Kodak store and bought a disposable camera to save the day. The pics weren't fabulous but we put them in a little photo book that Ariana loves to look threw still.

01200031.jpg

Snow White was wonderful and after learning of Ariana's autism and our fiasco with our camera, she came and sat down at our table for a long time and just talked to her. Then she went and got some pixie dust and brought it back for her. (I tear up just typing this :love:)

I can't count how many times I've run out of batteries and not had spares with me. I finally did learn though to bring an entire club pack with me :rotfl:

For our first trip I had bought a new memory card for my digital camera and loaded it up for our breakfast at Cinderella's Royal Table. It was my daughter's first character visit with princesses and I knew I was going to take TONS of pictures. Cinderella, Snow White, Aurora and Belle all in the same room?! Oh yeah, tons of pictures.

Alas, the brand new souped up memory card did not like my old little camera and decided to flake out when Snow White (the princess my daughter dresses up as every Halloween) came to our table. :faint:

My DH, my hero, ran (and I do mean ran!) to the Kodak store and bought a disposable camera to save the day. The pics weren't fabulous but we put them in a little photo book that Ariana loves to look threw still.

01200031.jpg

Snow White was wonderful and after learning of Ariana's autism and our fiasco with our camera, she came and sat down at our table for a long time and just talked to her. Then she went and got some pixie dust and brought it back for her. (I tear up just typing this :love:)

I definitely learned my lesson and plan to pack plenty of batteries in August.:thumbsup2 What a great DH you have to save the day!!! The picture of your daughter and Snow White is beautiful.:goodvibes That is so wonderful that Snow White spent extra time with your daughter and pixie dust too--so magical!!! Such a wonderful memory.:cloud9:

That is why I LOVE Disney, their staff and characters seem to care more than when you go to other amusement type places. Very cute pic with Snow White, and what great memories for all of you.
***note to self- carry LOTS of batteries***;)

Well I guess its been a while since I posted anything in terms of an update, so I thought I'd outline the days we have planned for this upcoming trip... but I wonder if I could do it with a bit of a twist. :rolleyes1

My dear followers and lurkers alike :rotfl: I'm always keen to learn about the little things in WDW - the secrets, the hidden gems, the little details and the tips. :goodvibes For instance, I'd never understood what lime green mickey heads meant until I read the explanation of the Home Depot paint chips! And I still don't know what the heck a Fairy Godmailing is :confused3

Soooooo.... I'll list what our plans are day by day, and my request to you all is to post here anything regarding that days plans - your favorite memories, favorite pictures, and any of those little secrets, hidden gems, details or tips you may have experienced yourself or know/heard about.

Easy enough? Then let's get this party started!! :cool1:

So, our first day Saturday, August 15th is a travel day. We're scheduled to arrive in Orlando at 3pm and our plan is to check in at the Pop, unpack and get in some quality swimming, roaming and suntanning time :cool2:. Truly, the overall theme of this vacation is RELAXATION!!

If you have any tips, etc to share for travel day -- please do! Otherwise, we're off to official Day 1.....

Day 1 !!

After our restfull sleep the night before, my plan (I say my plan because lets be real here, I'm doing all the planning :lmao:) is for just me and my daughter to go to our 10am breakfast reservation at Cinderella's Royal Table. princess: I cannot WAIT for this one! You guys know the Snow White and the Faulty Camera story as well as the CRT Fairy Godmother fiasco of previous trips, so I'm really looking forward to just truly enjoying ourselves. :laughing: The boys will wake up and eat at the Pop food court at their own pace and then meet up with us at the Magic Kingdom. The park has extra late hours that night until 1am and the only other plan I have for the day is to try a Dole Whip. Yes, that's correct folks, we've never had a Dole Whip before. Never even heard of them until signing up here on the DIS. Have I ever mentioned you guys ROCK?! :worship:

So there's Day 1. Now please please please post away! I'll share a hidden gem we're going to check out this trip -- Look for the Cinderella fountain on the left of the castle. You'll see a painting of Cinderella on the wall with a crown well above her head. Take a drink from the fountain and the same time you are "bowing" to Princess Cinderella, instead of looking at what you're drinking, peek up at Cinderella - she's now wearing her crown!

Tomorrow.... Day 2 !

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter