How many Pets have you had in total?

In my lifetime: 9…..3 dogs and 6 cats. No more than 2 at a time. Currently we have 2 cats.

Last edited:
I’m 71. In my lifetime I’ve had 7 dogs (including my dog pepper who I grew up with, she was 13 when she died and so was I) and 9 cats, including the 2 I have now. We also had a couple parakeets when I was growing up, but I hate birds so they don’t count.

7 dogs
3 hamsters which were actually the kids but you know who took care of them
Various fish over the years

Hmmm.... going back to childhood, 1 goldfish, 1 dog, 4 cats.

3 dogs
3 cats
1 turtle
several fish
1 gecko
4 snakes
2 gerbils
2 hamsters
1 rabbit

From childhood…
5 dogs (2 as a kid and 3 as an adult)
1 cat as a kid but I’m now very allergic to cats
3 hamsters
Numerous goldfish

From childhood, somewhere between 15-20. Currently have 2 dogs.

7 dogs (3 from when I was a kid, 4 as an adult.)
3 cats (one was mine, one was my sister's that I inherited when she went to college, and one my husband had when we got married)
2 rabbits
2 hamsters
a variety of fish, hermit crabs, etc.

Growing up we briefly had a cat but I ended up being allergic to it so it had to go. No other pets when I was a kid. Since I’ve been married (40 years) we’ve had 2 dogs and 1 cat that lives in the garage which is heated and she even has her own door to come and go.

I am only counting pets as an adult,
5 cats
7 dogs
Right now we have two older dogs, one passed in July. Our house has been depressed, so we got two Bengal cats last month. They are the first cats that we have had in over 16 years, so it has been an adjustment.

Attachments

• DD2CA7A3-0DD6-44AE-A25B-2F38EA53FEB9.jpeg
    DD2CA7A3-0DD6-44AE-A25B-2F38EA53FEB9.jpeg
    116.4 KB · Views: 5
Currently:
2 dogs
3 cats
3 ferrets
1 eyelash crested gecko

But in my life, there have additionally been:
3 dogs
3 cats
1 ferret
1 iguana
1 hamster
several fish

Horses 2
Cattle 3 only counting those that were given for the breeding program not counting the steers raised for market.
Sheep 81 only counting those that were for show plus a few more if you count bum lambs and other ones that were not shown due to not being top quality or having horrible personalities like the one we called Freight Train who would make a wide swoop to come knock you down even if there was a straight shot between her and the food bin. This was done complete with head down and running as fast as she could. Over 100
Hogs 60
Ducks 2
Geese 2
Rabbits 11
Dogs 8
Cats that lived in the house at least part time 14
Barn Cats that were tame enough to let you play with them and pet them 40
Barn Cats that were only seen in the shadows and would hiss and spit at you 60
(the joys of living along a major highway and having people drop unwanted kitties off at your driveway in the middle of the night plus I swear there is a cat message board out there saying hey this places gives food 1-2 times a day go here and there are plenty of places to sleep as well or at least having your parents live there for over 50 years. I am in my late 40s)
Goldfish 3
Mollies 15
Other Freshwater Fish 10
Hermet Crabs that were technically my siblings and hated me (they only would pinch me but not them) 3
Frogs 2
Goats 6
Dairy Cows 4
#ranchlife, #growingupinruralamerica, #4-H/FFAyouthlifestockshower #someoftheanimalswereashorttermtrialonly

Fish - too many to count
Hamsters - at least 4
Snakes - 2 or 3
Dogs - more than 10
Cats 7 maybe - not counting strays in yard
Rabbits- I think we are on 4
Other weird things DD picked up
I’m sure I’m forgetting something - But I got the main pets

Latest posts

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter