How many of us still haven't received Magic Key gift?

Oh, thanks for the clarification! I've honestly lost track of when I actually purchased my key :D
Adding to this statement to say that I know I bought it the first day, but I'd lost track of when that was. It was Aug 25 (launch date) and I was on right when they opened the site and got through to purchase sometime that morning. I don't understand why it takes so long to send it or why they didn't set up shipments in something of a chronological order by purchase date.

I haven't received mine (times 2) (purchased within the window required). I even called about it in November and again yesterday. I originally purchased at that time to use the welcome packs as Christmas gifts for my kids. This is our first DL annual pass ever and we have not yet been to Disneyland - was going to be a cool surprise present. Obviously, that didn't happen which is a bummer.

Have they just stopped sending them? What's the deal? 5 months and holding, which is kind of ironic for a promo intended to reward timeliness.

Just FYI - I received my welcome packet today.

The DMI coupon inside mine expires March 31st of this year. (Someone said the initial batch expired 12/31/21.) That makes me wonder if they ran through the first shipment of materials and needed to wait for more supply, hence the delay.

Hopefully, that means that there are a bunch of boxes being mailed out right now.

Just FYI - I received my welcome packet today.

The DMI coupon inside mine expires March 31st of this year. (Someone said the initial batch expired 12/31/21.) That makes me wonder if they ran through the first shipment of materials and needed to wait for more supply, hence the delay.

Hopefully, that means that there are a bunch of boxes being mailed out right now.
Yay! I hope that's the case! Thanks for letting us know.

I called the DL AP phone number (at the suggestion of a couple of people on a FB thread in the DL AP group) last week. CM took my info to fill out a form and said to expect the box in 2-4 weeks if eligible. I bought my MK via ticket upgrade on 9/1 and upgraded/activated on 10/4, both were in person at the ticket booth. So fingers crossed.

I called the DL AP phone number (at the suggestion of a couple of people on a FB thread in the DL AP group) last week. CM took my info to fill out a form and said to expect the box in 2-4 weeks if eligible. I bought my MK via ticket upgrade on 9/1 and upgraded/activated on 10/4, both were in person at the ticket booth. So fingers crossed.
Thanks. I need to do this. Hope you get yours soon!

So, here is my update. It is now March 22, 2022. I never received my welcome packet even though I bought my Dream key on day 1. I called the Magic Key phone number this morning and after a hold of about 50 minutes, I got to a CM who tried to look into it for me. After a lengthy wait, she came back on to say that they are going to check it out for me to see if it was ever sent. If their records show that my packet was shipped, I won't get anything nor will they let me know. This is pretty disappointing service IMO. I told the CM that I have the USPS informed delivery service that alerts me to packages that were sent through the mail and there was never one from Disney, but she didn't know how Disney mails the packet. For those of you who received it, was it sent through USPS? If not, I'm guessing I'll never see or hear anything from Disney.

For those of you who received it, was it sent through USPS?

Mine was sent USPS, but I do remember my informed delivery saying it was DVC as the sender. (We are DVC, but I was pretty confused since I wasn’t expecting a package from them at the time. It seemed odd to me, and I want to say we received ours towards the end of December. We purchased our Keys in September…

So, here is my update. It is now March 22, 2022. I never received my welcome packet even though I bought my Dream key on day 1. I called the Magic Key phone number this morning and after a hold of about 50 minutes, I got to a CM who tried to look into it for me. After a lengthy wait, she came back on to say that they are going to check it out for me to see if it was ever sent. If their records show that my packet was shipped, I won't get anything nor will they let me know. This is pretty disappointing service IMO. I told the CM that I have the USPS informed delivery service that alerts me to packages that were sent through the mail and there was never one from Disney, but she didn't know how Disney mails the packet. For those of you who received it, was it sent through USPS? If not, I'm guessing I'll never see or hear anything from Disney.
Use the chat feature on the app. I did this and they gave me an online form to fill out. I had my boxes three weeks later.

Ok, I can't figure out how to access the chat feature on my computer. It used to pop up when I was on the DL site but there's no chat pop-up now. Did they do away with it? I can get to the chat feature through the app on my phone, but I just got a message that a CM will be with me as soon as possible. I've been waiting now for over an hour, and I can't tell whether I'm still in line or what.

Ok, I can't figure out how to access the chat feature on my computer. It used to pop up when I was on the DL site but there's no chat pop-up now. Did they do away with it? I can get to the chat feature through the app on my phone, but I just got a message that a CM will be with me as soon as possible. I've been waiting now for over an hour, and I can't tell whether I'm still in line or what.
Yes, that’s how it works on the app. Could be a few hours or maybe a day, but someone will get back to you and it will alert you when that happens.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter