How many has gotten their room request with online check in ?

We checked in on-line......Booked 2 connecting preferred rooms at POP for 8/25-8/30...King-Dbl rooms. How happy we were to be in the 60's building, reconditioned room, facing the Goofy H2O jets, away from the pool with King-Dbl connecting rooms.....just what we asked for!! :yay:

We got 2 out of 3. Requested 1sty floor, corner room and I forget which sections 16 or 17 I think.. got corner room, 1st floor but way out in 36. It was fine though. This was at POR

We were one for 2... I asked for top floor corner at POFQ and got... top floor. Quite bummed!

That's why many of us stress repeatedly that requests are just requests, that they're not guaranteed. There are many more top floor rooms than there are corner rooms, and there are relatively few top floor corner rooms. The room assignors were apparently able to give you only one of your requests, and it appears they gave you the one that appeared first.

I can't get into the beds at OKW. They're too high. I discovered this on my first visit - when I was recovering from a broken hip. I hauled myself up on the bed that first night, and called 'the front desk' to see about changing rooms the next day (the Bell Service CM had suggested it, but I decided to try one night). They moved me to a great accessible room with reasonable-height beds.

So on my next DVC stay, I figured I knew what I'd get by requesting an accessible room - first at SSR, then moving to OKW. Nope. SSR put me in what turned out to be the wrong (standard) studio first, but did move me to the correct unit and confirmed that I had an accessible studio at OKW. Great, right? Nope. Accessible bathroom, sure. First floor, yep. Beds? Six feet* tall. And yet... and yet... I got exactly what I requested :rotfl:

*Okay, I exaggerate. A little.

Where to I get a fax number to fax a request? Do I fax it directly to my hotel?

You don't fax your requests. You need to call and have them listed on the reservation. They generally no longer even read the faxes as it takes too much time to match the fax with the reservation. If it is called in and listed ahead of time ON the actual reservation, then they can easily see it.

We have done online check-in once- May 2010. There was a space for requests. We requested to be near transportation and we wound up with a very good building at ASMu. I believe we were in a preferred building w/o paying for it.

I just did online check in for Yacht Club. there was no place to put my request---near quiet pool. should I fax them my request? I have the fax number, but do not know to whom I should address the request.
I am checking in with room only on Saturday and then my vacation pkg starts on Sunday. I may not use online check in for that since I did specify when I called them to book that I would like that area. Further complicating matters is that mom and sister are coming on sunday and we do want the rooms to be on the same floor, so perhaps I had better wait and talk to them in person.
any suggestions would be appreciated.

I just did online check in for Yacht Club. there was no place to put my request---near quiet pool. should I fax them my request? I have the fax number, but do not know to whom I should address the request.
I am checking in with room only on Saturday and then my vacation pkg starts on Sunday. I may not use online check in for that since I did specify when I called them to book that I would like that area. Further complicating matters is that mom and sister are coming on sunday and we do want the rooms to be on the same floor, so perhaps I had better wait and talk to them in person.
any suggestions would be appreciated.

Quoting myself...

You don't fax your requests. You need to call and have them listed on the reservation. They generally no longer even read the faxes as it takes too much time to match the fax with the reservation. If it is called in and listed ahead of time ON the actual reservation, then they can easily see it.

We did online checkin last December. The CM handed us the paperwork and said the room wasn't ready (even we called before we left on the trip to find out if it made sense to stop at the grocery store and get perishables) but they did refrigerate our groceries. We got to the park and were told they had no record of a room for us. We went to guest services who said our reservation had been lost. So it took several hours before we were re-assigned a room and given valid cards. I won't be doing online checkin this time.

Last year I got both my requests with my online check in. The floor and room location. This year I arrive in 2 days and I called both resorts we are staying at yesterday to confirm my requests - just in case.

Last year I got both my requests with my online check in. The floor and room location. This year I arrive in 2 days and I called both resorts we are staying at yesterday to confirm my requests - just in case.

You do realize that when you are calling the resorts, you are actually calling a central calling center. So in other words, you called back twice and actually spoke to someone that just answered the phone as if they were at the resort.

You can make one call by just calling CRO and verifying that the requests are still on your ressie. And you should do it at least five days in advance, as they start assigning rooms 3 - 5 in advance depending on how busy that time of year ends up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter