How many has gotten their room request with online check in ?

We did online checkin the past two years, and both times received the locations we requested. We initially made the request at the time we made our reservation. Last year at the Beach Club we had a wonderful CM at checkin. She went over everything, and couldn't have been more helpful. This year the Fort Wilderness CM at checkin wasn't. Here's your room number and packet, done.

I've heard of people faxing their request in closer to arrival. How would we go about doing that? Is there a certain number?

They don't even look at the faxes any more. They get thousands per day so they stopped reading them. So, not much point in sending one.

As a PP mentioned the requests are just that....requests. They are never guaranteed. If you do make a request you need to make it as general as possible and only ask for one or two things in order of importance. I always make a request and it will be something like....building #5 or quiet location. If you start asking for very specific things or too many things the odds are not in your favour.

I tried to do online check in today but was unable to type anything into the section for special requests. My TA did do the special request with the reservation so I am crossing my fingers. I don't even know if the online check in worked. I didn't get an email confirmation, although I am a bit reluctant to try it again. We shall see... either way we'll be there in 3 sleeps so life is good! :goodvibes

The request area is for basic stuff all resorts offer--fridge rental, pack n play, etc. If you made requests, they are under the info on your reservation that is seen at the hotel. Those are two totally different things.

These boards cause people to overthink the entire process.

I did online checkin last year (soon after they introduced the service) and was very pleased. They not only accommodated my room request, but they gave us the BEST room in that room request. Our celebration buttons were already made, keys were ready, etc. We ended up being the only ones in the on-line check-in line while the regular line had all the rest of the people from our ME bus. So I will do online checkin again (but I'll still sit close to the front of the bus to be the first one off and in line at the check-in desk :lmao:).

I'm no expert, but we did when we went last June. At the time of the reservation I asked for a room close to transportation, either Oak Manor or Magnolia Bend (POR). Then when I did online check in I clicked on the room preference of "Close to transportation". I got what I wanted. It was perfect.

I too have done face to face and online check in and didn't have a problem with either-although I tend not to have many special requests-I kind of like to be surprised as to where we will end up-it's part of the adventure for me.

But, this time I really NEED connecting rooms. We are staying at POP, I would like to be in the 50's-but no big deal if we don't get it.

Has anyone had success in having your request granted for connecting rooms when doing online check in? Also, we are driving from KY and will probably not arrive until close to 9pm (15 hr drive)-so a late check in-this is the only thing I am nervous about for our stay-connecting rooms and late check-in.

**Just had an epiphany...it seems that all of us uberplanners really like to have everthing organized and controlled-the resort reservations are really one of the only things we have no control over...hmmmm, interesting. Just thinking-dangerous, I know!;)

Any shared experience with this would be helpful! Thanks!

We did online check-in in August for our stay at AKL. I requested 4th floor zebra trail, and that's exactly what I got. It was a great room. I'm still depressed that we had to come home.

OK I think I have made my decision to go ahead and do online check in lol. Thanks all for your information.:)

I have always gotten my room request with online checkin. Rooms are assigned about 7 days beforehand, whether you do online checkin or not. The only reason I can think not to do online checkin is if you have a split stay or a continuing stay and need to stay in the same room.

That is correct; rooms are assigned before you check-in, so it has nothing to do with online check-in.

And another reason to not do the online check-in if you have multiple credit cards on your account.

I did do one line check in, although it is easier you have no control over your room location, I would never do it agai, I wanna see a map where the location of my room is going to be :santa:

We requested connecting rooms, first floor and to be next the laundry room:laundy: I do alot of laundry. Checked in on line and got it all :) Still got the package with map to our room and was able to put cash on your room key. Not sure where the time is saved with online check in :confused3 I have checked in both ways seemed the same to me. We leave on Wednesday:sad2:

We always do online check in and have always gotten our requests... We got the hightest floor (besides the villas) at BLT MK view... and At the Boardwalk, I requested top floor for our pool view... got it... it was an amazing view...

I've done online check in twice so far and have gotten my requests: 1st floor, near food court. Last trip I also requested a corner room and got that as well. I always make my requests during my original booking and it's noted on my email confirmation.

I've done online check in 3 times. Twice I received all requests and the third time I was upgraded. Only once was our room ready at check in.

Thank you so much for all of the information! I was debating this as well, I think we will do online check in this Sunday!!! :cool1::woohoo::yay:

We just returned from OKW and BLT - did an online checkin for both and probably won't bother again.

At OKW, it was almost pointless... Our room keys were pre-printed, but the CM still needed to swipe our credit card - said the information is not downloaded from the check-in system to their system. Maybe saved some time printing room keys, but that was about it.

At BLT, our reservation was more complicated - we had two reservations that were linked (a waitlist came through). In this case, the credit card wasn't needed, BUT, we had to wait for the room keys to print for the entire linked stay.

Personally, I think the online check-in works best if you've got a very vanilla reservation with nothing 'different'. Otherwise, it probably gets in the way.

My two cents...

We did online check-in and did not get requests (ground floor, or a specific room # that I had chosen via looking at BCV maps). It wasn't really a big deal, I wanted to be on ground floor and near the door to BC due to having two small children and a double stroller, but it was totally fine where we were put anyway. When I checked in the lady saw my requests and realized they hadn't been fulfilled, and there was one 1BR on the ground floor but it was a handicap room so I said no, we will go where you have us.

We did online check in for AKL and our requests were granted (Zebra Trail, close to lobby)

I am on the fence about doing on line check in for our next trip, too, but I feel like managing 3 room only & 3 packages would be a nightmare since we'd like to stay in our room only room for the package, too, if possible.
I related that information to the CRO people, but we also would like to have first floor (my father is handicapped) and two rooms adjoining - other room can just be nearby.

We would rather wait until check in and make sure everything is exactly the way we want it.

We did the online check in twice - had no requests the first time but our room was ready and did not wait on line at all; second time got our requests for room checked in at 10:30 and room was ready to go - no waiting in line. We loved it and will do it again next year!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter