• 21+

Votes: 48 28.4%
  • Other (please explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
28. Each of my parents had 9 siblings, most having children, a few never did though
Many of my first cousins have passed away. Now, only have 18. Most are a lot older than I am, and I don't know all of them well.

This is just something I'm always curious about. How many first cousins do you have? If you have half-first cousins and/or step-cousins, it's up to you if you want to include them. I'm not counting cousins-in-law (as in a cousin's spouse, or a spouse's first cousins), though.

I have two. One on each side of the family. They each have three, just my sisters and me.

My mom has 10 and my dad had 5. DW doesn't even know how many she has, since her mom has about a dozen siblings and they all live in different parts of the country (and one later turned out to be her nephew, not her brother - so that's a first cousin that DW thought was an uncle).

I know I had 2 on my father's side (one passed away).
I have no idea about my mother's side. At least 10, but I'm sure more, as mom had a lot of siblings. We've not had contact with mom's family since 1980, when she passed.

I meant to hit 21+ but it wouldn’t let me change it. All but two on my mom’s side and I’m the oldest. Only close (ish) to the ones that grew up down the street from my grandma, the others I barely know. The other two are my stepmother’s brother’s. Haven’t seen them since we were young kids. None on my dad’s side.

Now, 2nd and 3rd cousins? Hundreds. My sister said the other day “Went out with blah, blah, he’s our cousin.” Me “Who isn’t?”

I only had six first cousins. Currently four are still alive.

My parents were young (ages 5 and 7) when they each lost their father. Neither grandmother remarried. So the families on both sides were perhaps not as large as they might have been had things gone differently.

4, I’m pretty sure, but they are all a generation older than I and I never had a relationship with any of them. I’m not sure if I’ve ever met one of them and I’m struggling to remember the names of two others even though those two lived in the house next door to the one I grew up in. My family excelled at being dysfunctional. :sad2:

26 total. 23 still living. Haven't seen any of them for 30 years and that was at a funeral. I am the elder cousin, but there is no more then 10 years between any of us.

Last edited:
I have three. None on my moms side because her brother never married. Three on my dads side as he only has one brother. We live on opposite sides of the world so we aren’t close at all. I’ve never even met my first cousins once removed (their kids)

6. Three on my dads side. Two on my moms side and one additional from both sides. (My moms sister married my dads brother.)

I do also have one who passed away on my moms side. So I guess 7.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter