• Other (please explain in comments)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I don't know

Votes: 5 3.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Grand Koalafornian

Mouseketeer
This is just something I'm always curious about. How many first cousins do you have? If you have half-first cousins and/or step-cousins, it's up to you if you want to include them. I'm not counting cousins-in-law (as in a cousin's spouse, or a spouse's first cousins), though.

I have two. One on each side of the family. They each have three, just my sisters and me.

My mom has 10 and my dad had 5. DW doesn't even know how many she has, since her mom has about a dozen siblings and they all live in different parts of the country (and one later turned out to be her nephew, not her brother - so that's a first cousin that DW thought was an uncle).

Edit: I am counting deceased ones as well, though it's up to you if you want to count them. My little sister is gone, so technically, my first cousins have two surviving (my big sister and me), but I still count them as having three. Mostly because I still count myself as having two sisters, even if one is no longer here with us.

Last edited:
Father’s side. 12

Mother’s side. Also 12.

Five on my father’s side have already died, including one younger than me. He was about 48 about 11 years ago. Two others died before 60.

All still living on my mother’s side.

Some I haven’t seen in decades. No rift, our lives just diverged at some point.

Mom's brother's kids = 2
Mom's sister's kids = 4
Dad's brother's kids - 5
Dad's half brother's kids = 3 (I think)

20 on my mom's side(she was #3 of 9)-I'm the oldest(46), the youngest is still a teenager. Most of the younger cousins are closer to DD(22)'s age than to me. LOL And there is at least 28+ second cousins now counting all their kids. My DD is the oldest of my grandma's great grandkids. All but 6 of the cousins(who live on the east coast, everyone else is in Southern California)see each other very regularly(well less so recently because of Covid).

3 on my dad's side....again I'm the oldest

60+ - 4 on my mom’s side or 9 if you count step cousins I never met and over 50 on dad’s side…he was one of 11 kids who all pretty much had lots of kids…

Last edited:
My dad's side, two. One is deceased. Never met either even though they both live/lived in the same state as me.
My mom's side, 16. Three are deceased. I have met 13 of them even though they all lived in Canada, thousands of miles from me.

My Dad was one of four and I have 8 cousins on his side. My Mother was one of five and I have 16 cousins on her side.

None that i know of.

My mom is an only child and i never met my biological father or any of his family. So I might have a few I don't know about.

9........3 that I know of have passed. I was the youngest by 8 years on my father's side.

On my Mom’s side - 8
We are all really close and see each other many times throughout the year.

On my Dad’s side - 18
Most of us are really close & see each other at least twice a year.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter