Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2000+

Votes: 2 3.7%

• Total voters

macman123

DIS Veteran
Im curious to see how many DVC points on average, us UK folk have

Last edited:
Do you mean DVC points? You might be better in the DVC section. I would certainly like to be a member, but can't afford it atm!

Do you mean DVC points? You might be better in the DVC section. I would certainly like to be a member, but can't afford it atm!

Yes. The problem is the DVC forum is not for UK specific residents, unlike this one :)

I would say 100-150 points is enough if you go every other year for 14 nights.

I'm curious, why do you have 2,000 points? Do you plan to go at peak times to Grand Villas?

I tend to go in January every other year for 1 month or so

I also don’t stay in a studio a 1 bed.

I had 1000 points but I had addonitus.....

12 months ago I didn’t have any points

In the process of getting our first contract for 210 points. Plan is to go every other year, giving a total of 420 but can see us buying a top up. I think around 550 is where i want to end up, just so eventually we have a couple of options for a 2 Bed Villa at AKL.

In the process of getting our first contract for 210 points. Plan is to go every other year, giving a total of 420 but can see us buying a top up. I think around 550 is where i want to end up, just so eventually we have a couple of options for a 2 Bed Villa at AKL.

nice!

We have 250. 150 at Riviera and 100 resale at the Poly.

We pretty much will exclusively stay in studios because we travel at least once every 12 months and there's only 2 of us, so its a good amount of points for that.

We'd prefer to stay in 1 bedrooms, but that would take a further purchase and we don't really need the space.

We've got 1100 at Riviera split into 4 individual contracts so that we can hand them down to our children in the future (we have 4 children aged 2, 4, 7 and 9).

It gives us enough for October Half Term every year for almost 2 weeks in a 3GV (or longer if staying at other resorts) or the same holiday in a 2 bed AND a repeat in Easter too.

FYI - We use AMEX and Nectar points to convert to Avios for flights as much as possible.

When the time comes to hand down, all four children have enough for a 12 day trip every year in a studio should they wish (or longer if staying at other resorts).

I can't promise I won't add between now and then though 😣

We've got 1100 at Riviera split into 4 individual contracts so that we can hand them down to our children in the future (we have 4 children aged 2, 4, 7 and 9).

It gives us enough for October Half Term every year for almost 2 weeks in a 3GV (or longer if staying at other resorts) or the same holiday in a 2 bed AND a repeat in Easter too.

FYI - We use AMEX and Nectar points to convert to Avios for flights as much as possible.

When the time comes to hand down, all four children have enough for a 12 day trip every year in a studio should they wish (or longer if staying at other resorts).

Ive started to do the same, Now Nectar can be covered to Avios, I ditched Tesco Clubcard and went there. Using the app with Sainsburys I probably get between 600-800 Nectar points a week with all the boosts which will convert to about 500 Avios.

Then for all my purchases its split. If I can get a good return on Avios site I'll use that like I did for my Gas/ Electric move, bagged 5000 Avios and will do the same next year. Otherwise I'll use Top Cashback. If Cashback can be converted to Avios then happy days, if it can't then then the money goes in a pot towards my yearly Dues.

Need to actually have a good look at how far Avois is a benefit because I hear for Orlando it isn't great because its a popular route.

We have 575
250 akv, 175 SSR but then addonitis struck as we wanted to be close for FW at Epcot so got 100 BCV and 50 BWV - still haven’t used any of them !

Love the look of those Rivera rooms - hoping you get there this October !

We did the same - the cost of Akv cash is shocking - I think it was £7k for a week in august

Love the look of those Rivera rooms - hoping you get there this October !
We've actually booked for Christmas this year and then intend to go October's thereafter. Can't wait to spend Christmas itself in WDW.

Sounds great . We have always wanted to do Christmas as well - but kids school always stops us - in a few years maybe!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter