How Many Days in DLP?

We are beginning to plan my daughter’s “special trip” with her grandmother - one trip built entirely around what she loves. She wants to go watch gymnastics at the Paris Olympics and then visit Disneyland Paris, but we aren’t sure how much time we should budget. This will be DD’s first time in DLP but she is very familiar with WDW. We will almost certainly do some kind of express access (VIP or the premier access), but I imagine it will be insanely crowded. How much time do you think we will need in DLP? We are trying to decide if we should spend most of our time “somewhere else,” or if we will need a lot of time there. This definitely won’t be the trip to “see Paris” with all of the Olympics disruptions, but we want it to be something very special and memorable.

Thank you.

Yes, top supper time and an additional flow of tourists in Paris due to the Olympics, it will be busy.

It really depends on what you want to achieve. When you know what you want to achieve, you can make an estimation.
1. Will you be back?
If you know if you will be back your decision is different then when it's a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity.
2. Are there things you might skip?
Are you a fan of coasters, characters, shows, or are there things you will not do?
3. What is your touring style in WDW?
Open to close? Mid-day break? Table service meals? Go, go, go or stop and smell the roses?
4. Will you be staying onsite to have access to EMH?

For the Premier Access passes, have a look at the list of rides and think if you will want to do all of them?
Even in primetime there are rides that do not need Premier Access, not even on busy days.

Thank you so much. We are still in the early stages of planning this trip, and TBH I'm finding the whole thing kind of overwhelming. We KNOW how to do Florida. We know how to do Cali. But this - especially tied to the Olympics, the fact that no one speaks French, and DD isn't nearly as adventurous as her brother is - feels like a lot.

1. We are unlikely to come back any time soon, though I wouldn't necessarily call this a "once in a lifetime opportunity." What is "once in a lifetime" is the idea that the entire trip is structured around my daughter and her interests (it's my mom's gift to each of her grandchildren...a special trip dedicated just to them around when they turn 10).

2. We will probably skip the characters and shows will be hit and miss. I assume we'll do most of the "good rides," especially anything that is unique and special at DLP.

3. We have been quite fortunate in that we do one VIP tour every year in Florida to knock out all of the "must do" rides, so we haven't really had to rope drop or close the park down in years. We're more likely to get out early than to stay late, but neither my mom nor my daughter have a lot of patience for long lines or crowds anymore. DD also definitely likes her downtime. We usually do one table service meal/day but that's definitely negotiable.

4. We will be staying on site for sure.

Now we know some more :)

That no one speaks French is not a problem at Disneyland Paris. Nowadays almost all CMs who interact with guests will speak English without a problem. Everything is at least bilingual. Shows are build up in a way that Mickey speaks French, Minnie answers in English. There are a lot of repeats in the dialogue so you know what's going on.

If you have no interests in characters or shows, you should be fine with one day and using Premiere Access for some rides to get a taste of it. Most of the top rides are available during EMH.
Good to know, there are VIP services as well in DLP. No idea about quality, they are not used that often. You rarely see them in the park. If you can afford this, it will free up time to take breaks, have a table service lunch or dinner.
I am not 100% sure about the price, but before Covid I think it starts of with 1.700EUR for 5 hours. https://www.disneylandparis.com/en-usd/tours/vip-tours/

Disneyland Paris only sell packages with room and tickets included, so when you book 1 night, you will get 2 day park access. You could arrive in the evening on your first day, have dinner, explore the park, stay for the fireworks and then the next day you'll know your way around the park.

Best thing to keep in mind is: Disneyland Paris is build with a French / European audience in mind. Things will be different. Do not compare too much about what is better, it is usually different. Like to us CMs in Florida can come across as fake and over the top, for US guests the French CMs can seem stoic.
Table service is a big thing in French culture, so you are never rushed, a waiter won't be at your table constantly, and you have to ask for the check yourself. Therefore, a table service meal in Disneyland Paris will take longer than in the US Disney parks.

Last edited:

1 full park day is enough to do just the attractions and shows that are different from the US parks, especially if you pay for VIP or premiere access.
2 full days allow to do everything without rushing too much
3 days are better if you are a Disney fan and want to savor every detail and/or go with a slower pace.
More and you'll get bored.

I would say 2 days would be enough to have a great time and see the highlights especially as you are staying onsite and are prepared to pay for premier access. There aren't as many attractions as the Magic Kingdom. And the Studios park isn't wonderful - the Remy area is very good and the Toy Story areas ok, but otherwise it isn't a park to linger over. That said, I think the main park is one of the most beautiful Disney parks. They threw money at it!!! So it is 100% a park to linger over. Look at all the details etc. So you may want 3.

I would say 2 days would be enough to have a great time and see the highlights especially as you are staying onsite and are prepared to pay for premier access. There aren't as many attractions as the Magic Kingdom. And the Studios park isn't wonderful - the Remy area is very good and the Toy Story areas ok, but otherwise it isn't a park to linger over. That said, I think the main park is one of the most beautiful Disney parks. They threw money at it!!! So it is 100% a park to linger over. Look at all the details etc. So you may want 3.
We just returned-- got there the afternoon of Sunday June 26, stayed at Sequoia (used Western for transport from CDG to the hotel). Sunday afternoon to evening we walked the main park-- did the attractions that weren't too busy, and all of the walk in things (dragon, maze, caves). Next day we used early entry to the Studios-- did Crush first (glad I had not had breakfast yet!) and Ratatouille right after, then walked around, did the Cars tram when it opened (some rides are not open for early entry in both parks), had a great lunch at Remy's....and enjoyed the hotel pool etc that afternoon. Back in the late afternoon for the Mickey Magician show (great show-- felt like a Disney Cruise performance), Tower of Terror and then shopping, light dinner. Tuesday was our early entry to the main park-- Indian Jones (quick loop roller coaster, nothing at all like the Indy rides in the US), the Thunder Mountain ride and Peter Pan-- all in that first hour. (We had been to the park in 2008-- i dont need to do their Space Mountain/Hyperspace again, urp). Lunch at Walts-- wonderful last formal meal in the parks-- and did other rides after. Skipped a few that are the same in Anaheim-- did Phantom Manor twice (very dark, little humor but very cool too), and Priates on Sunday (great que line-- the ride has all the familiar elements but in a different order). I went back for the 11 pm fireworks and 30th show on Tuesday-- they close down all the rides an hour or more before, and huge crowd up an down main street-- with views suddenly obstructed at the last minute by shoulder sitters). Tips: get in line for early entry 45 minutes before...don't do breakfast at the hotels -- huge crowd, no way to do that and make early entry. Western car pickup was great! (There is a Magic shuttle to and from CDG which is cheaper, but stops at all of the hotels. We opted not to mess with the train-- luggage to haul, fluctuating price and schedule etc). Late June seemed right-- the weather cooled down while we were there and the crowds not too bad given schools let out in July and Avengers Campus not open until July 20-- although i hung out in front of it hoping to be a test rider!). Enjoy!

We just returned from our first trip to DLP - stayed 4 nights and still did not see and do everything we wanted (however, we are not early risers either). Parks were crowded but did not use Premiere Access. The all day access was 140 euro pp per day on our dates and we just didn't think it was worth it since it did not include all rides and shows and only allowed us on once per day (I could ride Hyperspace Mountain all day long!). We took our time to enjoy the parades and shows - the entertainment is top notch in the parks! Longest lines we found were to meet the characters.

I'm sort of doing the same thing that your grandmother is doing, but lol I'm doing a European trip with DS who is 26. We are both leaving significant others at home. DH isn't interested in what we are doing, but thinks it's really cool that we are going. After doing some looking on these boards and getting some great advice from WDW vets who have gone, we decided to do a Disney hotel for the early entry and do three nights / two days (park hoppers both days). Our must do list could probably be done in one day, but we really like a little chill out time in the parks too and with the new Marvel stuff opening, might want to hit that also (not really a big deal to us, but why not). And besides the list below, I'll add the Lion King show, just because I like it so much. We are not going to pay for Premier Access for either day, but might do an individual fastpass or two on certain rides each day if lines are really long. Our trip will cover a Wednesday and a Thursday midweek September.

Here is our priority list based on what I have read on these boards. We are rope drop people and will be at the front of the line, taking advantage of early access.

At Studios
  • Crush Coaster – hear it gets crowded and is good to rope drop and that it’s not worth more than a 30-45 minute wait
  • Ratatouille (single rider line if available)
  • Tower of Terror
  • Take a look at Toy Story Playland, but don’t do any rides
  • Mickey and the Magician Show if it’s open
At Disneyland
  • Big Thunder
  • Phantom Manor
  • Pirates
  • Aladdin’s passage walk thru
  • Parade if it works out
  • Walk thru castle and see Dragon
  • Storybook canal boats
  • It’s a Small World
  • Snow White
  • Pinocchio
  • Space Mountain
  • Castle Show and fireworks

Our trip will be four nights in Paris, three at Disneyland Paris, and then three nights in Belfast. We go to Walt Disney World about every other year and have relatives in Orlando too. Note that in WDW one day at any park is also plenty for us. We are very satisfied with one day at any park We also aren't people that need to do everything and see everything. We will skip character meet and greets unless we have extra time to kill. If we have extra time, we think those are fun too.

What a wonderful grandmother / granddaughter trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter