How many contract have you lost to ROFR

DougEMG

DIS Veteran
DVC Gold
Was just curious to see how many contracts people have lost to ROFR as I'm wondering if I've set a record or something losing 3 OKW contracts to ROFR in the last month. :crazy2::scared::confused3

I also officially given up on trying to buy any more OKW contracts resale.

A couple of years ago Disney was very active, picking up most of the resorts if they were priced too low. That's why resale prices were higher, people didn't want to get ROFRed.

:earsboy: Bill

Never been ROFR'd, but I bet I'm the only seller to sell a contract twice and have both buyer back out after ROFR passed. Plus, I still own the contract.

I lost 2 for VGC since last June. My third one actually passed this month!

Right now (as of today!), I'm 1 ROFR for 3. I own one contract bought years ago and I'll find out by next week if the other one slips through my fingers too... I'm definitely getting back in the saddle if it does - I just KNOW DVC can't take ALL the resales!

Terri

I guess we've been lucky. We are 2 for 2 in getting the contracts we put in offers, one OKW and one BCV. Both went through but we waited forever to hear back on the BCV contract. At least it fealt like forever.

I think Doug hit the glass ceiling of dvc points. They're not letting him stockpile any more contracts.

I think Doug hit the glass ceiling of dvc points. They're not letting him stockpile any more contracts.

I've got 2 more contracts going to ROFR this week and they are NOT for OKW (for BWV & SSR) this time, so am keeping my fingers crossed.

We lost two in 2004 but before either contract hit Disney for ROFR. In both cases, the seller backed out somewhere between [accepting our offer] ... [signing the paperwork]. Oh, well.

Here is "GOOD LUCK!!!" on your two contracts, DougEMG!

I think he's still a few points away from that. C'mon Disney, let the man vacation for crying out loud! :)

I've got 2 more contracts going to ROFR this week and they are NOT for OKW (for BWV & SSR) this time, so am keeping my fingers crossed.
Maybe there's a rule similar to owning stock in a company that if you own a majority (or a lot) you get a seat on the board. Disney didn't want you being able to call the shots on redecorating :goodvibes

Maybe there's a rule similar to owning stock in a company that if you own a majority (or a lot) you get a seat on the board. Disney didn't want you being able to call the shots on redecorating :goodvibes

Trust me, Doug hasn't even come close to the ceiling. There are folks on other forums that own between 7,000 and 8,000 points. :scared1: I doubt he registers on Disney's radar. Doug, resume your stockpiling. ;)

Sorry, practicing multi-quoting and this looks like the perfect place for that. Hope this works.

Question: Since DougEMG is trying to become DVC's next head decorator ;), Doug, could you give us a peak into some of your decorating visions for some of the resorts. Which we should call DDV's (Doug's Decorating Visions). Maybe something revolving around the villains of Disney. I believe they (the villains) are an under-represented population.:goodvibes

ETA: woo hoo! Multi-quoting...check! Now for a siggy line with animation.

Question: Since DougEMG is trying to become DVC's next head decorator ;), Doug, could you give us a peak into some of your decorating visions for some of the resorts.

I'm totally clueless on this topic. :confused3

The last two months have seen me very busy trying to buy more points. I want to be able to stay for 1-2 months at WDW when I retire, so need lots of points for that. Hence my posts are mainly to do with getting the best price possible.

Trust me, Doug hasn't even come close to the ceiling. There are folks on other forums that own between 7,000 and 8,000 points. :scared1: I doubt he registers on Disney's radar. Doug, resume your stockpiling. ;)

Owning that many points would be way to scary for me. I couldn't afford the MF and would be totally dependent on renting to cover the majority of the MF.

My target is around 1,500 points. My plan is to rent out enough points to cover all the MF and then use the rest myself. If I can't do that, at least I can still afford to pay all the MF myself, it will just mean I'll be spending a lot of time at WDW each year.

If my next 2 contracts pass ROFR, I'll definitely stop buying more points. Although if BLT had a big drop in price in 4-5 years I might be tempted to buy there :)

I'm totally clueless on this topic. :confused3

The last two months have seen me very busy trying to buy more points. I want to be able to stay for 1-2 months at WDW when I retire, so need lots of points for that. Hence my posts are mainly to do with getting the best price possible.

My apologies Doug, I was just kidding. AllieV's little tease made me smile and I was jumping in. I meant it in good fun but guess I missed the train completely. Please accept my humble apologies. Guess I'm not good at verbal repartee'.

Have a beautiful day and good luck with all your contracts!

Owning that many points would be way to scary for me. I couldn't afford the MF and would be totally dependent on renting to cover the majority of the MF.

My target is around 1,500 points. My plan is to rent out enough points to cover all the MF and then use the rest myself. If I can't do that, at least I can still afford to pay all the MF myself, it will just mean I'll be spending a lot of time at WDW each year.

If my next 2 contracts pass ROFR, I'll definitely stop buying more points. Although if BLT had a big drop in price in 4-5 years I might be tempted to buy there :)

Be very careful with extreme renting. DVC is looking for commercial renters so they can shut them down. Be careful.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter