How many cancellations due to Covid?

We were in the middle of a split stay in March. Finished up BLT the last night the parks were open. We were supposed to move to BWV for 7 nights. But since no parks open, pending boarder closure, packed up and cancelled the last week of the trip. Have not rebooked until boarder opens and safe to our standards.
Bummer of the trip. Boss was covering all our meals, a Thank You for me covering his last minute vacation. Had a few reservations looking forward to. All gone.
Next year hopefully.

Had Riviera in April, which if course was cancelled. After that cancelled, we booked Pop Century at the end of May as a long shot. That was cancelled.

Had VGC at the end of September, which was cancelled. We decided to go to WDW on the same dates, stayed at CBR for 6 nights.

Then in November had booked for BWV for Destination D, booked at 11 months, moving to Poly hotel room for the weekend to be close to the Contemporary. Destination D was cancelled but we decided to go anyway. Poly was not open, we got moved to GF. That was a great trip, 8 nights total.

We cancelled July because our cruise got cancelled. Then same story for November. Trying again for a cruise after Christmas next year with a few days at WDW. We have decided if the cruise is still a bust, we will still go to WDW and maybe add universal or discovery cove.

VGC has been cancelled on me 3 times now, probably a 4th time in April. I’m more hopeful for Memorial Day and September, but still not confident.

I'm just curious as to how many people cancelled how many trips in 2020 due to Covid We cancelled 2 trips this year, but I wouldn't be surprised if people cancelled more However, it was pretty shocking to have to cancel, since in 18 years of membership, we've never cancelled before Just once, we rescheduled a trip for about 6 weeks later So any other cancellers more than twice?
We canceled last Easter. But have three planned for 21. The second is August ( our 50th anniversary ) . Third is November. But the first is this Easter. And that’s the one I’m worried re. The infection rate in Florida seems awfully high. Te whole country’s seems to be climbing. Vaccination hasn’t really kicked in. Someone reduce my anxiety.

Canceled Riviera in May and OKW in Sept. Have a week booked at Riviera in April, but not holding our breath on that one either.....

We cancelled in May (BCV) and August (Vero). We had points expiring in October and fortunately I was able to rent them out at a discounted rate ($12 pp). I feel fortunate I was able to do that!

We are booked again BCV for this May. I am pretty much going no matter what :D

DH and I were supposed to check into AKV/Jambo today, but DD tested positive yesterday, so of course we canceled our trip as we spent time with her all weekend. We are being tested on Wednesday afternoon, but that's too late for this trip.

DH and I were supposed to check into AKV/Jambo today, but DD tested positive yesterday, so of course we canceled our trip as we spent time with her all weekend. We are being tested on Wednesday afternoon, but that's too late for this trip.
I was very sorry to see that yesterday after seeing your posts last week about arriving on the 4th. Hope all goes well and you're back in WDW soon.

I was very sorry to see that yesterday after seeing your posts last week about arriving on the 4th. Hope all goes well and you're back in WDW soon.
Thank you. One of the things I love most about the DIS is the caring and compassion found here among the members. We are really all strangers, and yet, we're not.

Cancelled two trips this year.....one was supposed to be June 30 - July 8th and the other was supposed to be December 19-23. We will see what happens this year. As of now, I am tentatively scheduled for August 7-15 with my oldest son to celebrate his 21st. Once my 11 month window opens in a few weeks, I am hoping to book December 18-23 for my DH and I. We will see how things go. I want all of us vaccinated and the federal travel advisory lifted before we travel. Fingers crossed!

We cancelled 1 DVC trip - March 2020

We cancelled 1 non-Disney trip - June 2020 Alaska cruise/Denali land tour

We never scheduled another non-Disney Trip - Summer 2020

We did go back to Disney Late October 2020 - that was our 2nd DVC trip/but was not cancelled

Last edited:
We canceled in March. We had a 2 week trip planned and WDW shut down the day before we were supposed to arrive. My DW and I were also scheduled to fly to Dover England to embark on a back to back Disney Cruise for our 30th in Sept. and had to cancel that one too. Planning on a late Feb trip to WDW and a follow up trip to HHI.

We canceled a trip in March, moved it to Aug 2020, then cancelled. We have trips booked in June and September and are going no matter what. In fact, I'm also pricing out a non DVC quick getaway for the end of this month. Not sure I will go to the parks, but I really need to escape and I love their resorts.

We’ve had 4 cruises cancelled ON us!! (Notice that we didn’t cancel and would have gone.). One cruise was cancelled while we were driving to Miami in March! Princess. No worries, we re-routed to wdw and stayed there the week before they shut down. We have been back to Disney 4 times since they opened. Thanks for opening, Disney. ::MickeyMo

4 for us. Leaving next Thursday for our first trip since Jan 2020.

We cancelled two last year and one this year. We have another booked for September/October but are not too hopeful that we'll be allowed to travel by then. We bought at BCV in 2018 and haven't actually stayed there yet! At least all the rentals paid for our 2021 dues, and will probably cover 2022 too! :-)

We haven't cancelled but are super concerned about our trip this month. It was supposed to be two weeks in a 2bdrm with multiple kids and grandkids coming and going and now it's DW and me staying in a 1bdrm for the stay with no parks. We go every other year and bank points to get larger rooms for longer stays and booked this stay 11months ago.

We cancelled three in 2020 and will probably cancel our OKW stay at the end of January. I’ll probably reschedule Jan for late-March, only to try and save the 125 points I will lose if not used by 3/31.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter