• Once

• Twice

• Three times

• Four or more times

• Haven't added on since original purchase

Results are only viewable after voting.

Dreamfinder2

DIS Veteran
Just curious, considering the "add-onitis" that seems to be such a part of DVC life ... if you've added on since your original contract, how many times? We're sorta in the "acute" phase - I'd love another 100 at SSR.

Write-in's welcome!

Our second contract was a biggie to make sure our needs were fully covered at WDW. I don't see us adding on any more at WDW.

But I do have my eye on HHI. Someday maybe... :rolleyes:

We "added on" once by buying another 200 point contract at BWV on the resale market to go with our 230 point contract at OKW. They are different use years which can take a bit of juggling with points.

OT ... about your signature. I think it's cool that your son is in your signature, but I thought there were women in the marines too. So, shouldn't it be "Band of Brothers and Sisters?" :teeth:

Robin, you're absolutely right! ;)

There are sisters, too, but this particular photograph he sent us were just "the guys" - no sisters shown! And, sorta harking back to Shakespeare's Henry V (where the "band of brothers" quote originated), and the book and HBO miniseries by the same title, etc. - "Band of Brothers" is appropriate, I think. Jeremy's in the infantry, which actually is all-male, but I in no fashion meant to slight ANY of our women in ANY of the service branches!

But I digress. :rolleyes: Back on topic!

We have added on 3 times since our original contract.

Original contract: 200 pts. BWV Aug. 2000
1st add-on: 100 pts. BWV Sept. 2000 (2 weeks later!)
2nd add-on: 100 pts. HH Aug. 2001
3rd add-on: 65 pts. HH Aug. 2002

We just bought our initial contract less than 3 weeks ago and I bought an add-on this week. Give me a little more time and who knows what I might add!

Original contract bought in May, first add on this week! Haven't even used membership yet. :eek: Sorry guys, I blame this board for both contracts! This board put a spell on me to get my family in debt! ;)

Originally had 230 at BWV, then added on another 70. Bought 100 pts at BCV and just recently bought another 100 at BWV.

We started with 230 at OKW in 1999..................4 add-ons later we now have 300 at OKW and 300 at VB.......................on the bright side side though.........all of our pts were at $65 per pt.
biggthumpup.gif

P.S. Our 2 kids(29+17) will each have a DVC contract.

We only have 3 add-on's (220 OKW 96 original, 25 OKW 99, 100 BCV 2002 & 55 OKW 2003.) If was not for my DW, I think I would have many more :) Some times I am glad she shots me down on the add-on bug. Was called about a month ago for more OWK points, but had to turn it down because we got a new concrete drive way put in that week. I hope I can get her to go for am add-on at SSR for 100pts. Wish me luck.

We added on once.
BCV 200 initial, added 100 =300 total.
DW and I with "brilliant"(and expensive) idea.
We now need to do 3 more add ons, 300 points each.
The original 300 we will keep.
The add-ons we will give to our children when they turn 18 or 21.
So, I guess we will be calling Hassan (our guide) soon, but first, baby #3 has to arrive--scheduled for 10/15.
I guess one add on a year for the next 3 years.
This addonitis is contagious and the only known cure is to simply send the DVC all of your money and take as many points as you can.
And I speak as a health care professional (MD)when I say this--for your own health and well being I must insist that you excerise daily, eat healthy foods, don't smoke, and by all means, add on all the points you can.:teeth:
PS-You must also be very nice and pay homage to the Tag Fairy, this too, will make your life much happier.(Obviously, not above kissing up. :smooth:

Originally posted by Doc and Family
I speak as a health care professional (MD)when I say this--for your own health and well being I must insist that you excerise daily, eat healthy foods, don't smoke, and by all means, add on all the points you can..........

bek208.gif

sport22.gif
trink15.gif
rauch03.gif
biggthumpup.gif

Excellent advice Doc........:p

Original contract plus five add-ons. At one point we were adding so fast, that the paperwork was not even here yet before we added more. DVC would just send new paperwork. It was probably poor planning on our part, as we didn't realize how many points we wanted. It turned out better for us though, as this way we have our points spread amongst several contracts.
The result means our last add-on was # .009 :cool:

Two add-ons (VWL & BCV) to our initial purchase at VB.

I voted twice. Once was an add-on to our original BCV contract and the second was the OKW resale.

Original contract for 270 points and added on 30 more. I want to add on another 50 . . . ..

Ammarie

We started with 230 points at OKW, and added on another 150 points there about a year and a half later. We debated at that time about purchasing our extra 150 at BWV, but decided we wanted them all in one place, since we intended to use them most often at OKW. I am thinking it would be nice to have a few points at one of the Epcot resorts for the F&WF.

We started out with 230 OKW pts. Added 100, then another 100, then 170 for a grand total of 600 at OKW!:D

We first wanted BCV but they just broke ground so we bought at the VWL. When they started selling for the BCV we jumped right on and the BCV became our 2nd home.Now I want SSR but have other things on the fire so im laying low for a while.
tiggerguy2000

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter