How low would resale BWV or BCV price have to go to be “worth it” to you?

well yikes guys, don't buy for the welcome package.
Several years ago we bought BLT, and several before that AKV, both resale. We received on each occasion a nice blue card (which I did know would be absent now) within a decorated folder stuffed with goodies and congratulations.

We've now just received our closing "package" from DVC on a resale polynesian contrast and it's essentially just a one-page letter within a mailing envelope which was sure to mention that we would NOT be getting certain membership extras available only to people who've bought direct. It invited us to log on to the site and view our membership card (perhaps we can even print it?!). And they did include a magnet within the envelope containing the otherwise-naked letter.

It just all feels extra-stripped of ceremony. And our points haven't loaded yet ... :confused3

Congratulations ! As far as the Backpack goes.... We bought two contracts in 2019 direct and they sent us a backpack for each. If you want one and you will pay for shipping, I will send it to you. Send me a message. (US shipping preferably) smoke free home :)

I have to say that the one Beach Club I saw that was 139pp is now at 132pp. I did offer 119pp. They countered but I am holding out. They want buyer to pay for the dues left for 2020 plus closing. I dont mind paying closing but dont want to pay for the rest of the dues.
how many points? What's the UY?Asking for a friend.:)

With rack rates at BWV starting at $550 and going up to $900 for a standard room, getting a room discount(30%) and adding in taxes(12.5%) still leaves you paying $430-$710 a night. With current MF of $7.37, and rooms ranging in points from 9 to 25 a night, that ends up costing $66-$184 a night. That works out to a savings of $366 to $524 a night vrs paying cash with a discount, or between $40-$20 savings per point.

Assuming that cash rates rise close to MF rates, and given we have 20 more years left on the contract I think that it will be a while before prices drop. As long as the transaction costs + purchase price is less than staying for cash, someone is going to want what is one of the best locations of any DVC resort.

Last edited:
With rack rates at BWV starting at $550 and going up to $900 for a standard room, getting a room discount(30%) and adding in taxes(12.5%) still leaves you paying $430-$710 a night. With current MF of $7.37, and rooms ranging in points from 9 to 25 a night, that ends up costing $66-$184 a night. That works out to a saying of $366 to $524 a night vrs paying cash with a discount, or between $40-$20 savings per point.

Assuming that cash rates rise close to MF rates, and given we have 20 more years left on the contract I think that it will be a while before prices drop. As long as the transaction costs + purchase price is less than staying for cash, someone is going to want what is one of the best locations of any DVC resort.
This is an excellent structure for thinking about the cost/benefit. Thank you.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter