How long will it take to drive to DL

wendypooh22 said:
Lynn.. Saturday afternoons can go either way, but I would take the 210. Do you have an XM radio??? If so, tune in to channel 222 for LA/OC traffic.. I can't live without my xm :cool1:

nope just a regular one :sunny:

mAlien13 said:
This is a little off subject, but there are so many people positng their knowledge about the traffic here...I am driving into Anaheim on December 9th, then after we check into our hotel we have to go to LAX to pick up my mother who is flying in. Does anyone have any suggestions for the best route to take or how long it will take? Her plane lands at 6:01pm.

N-5 freeway entrances are Harbor, Euclid, Katella, and Lincoln, all close to disneyland. take N-5, W-91, N-605, W-105... but expect heavy traffic W-105 to the max. I havent been there these days... you can blame Bruce Willis for the traffic jam :P

E-210 --> S-57 is a freaking longer drive... instead of cutting straight through, you make this big detour... not worth it. Esp when some parts of the S-57 is horrible... like at the 60-57 changer... its crazy! they really need to fix that ASAP! i would rather sit in traffic then to take that big detour.

Albort said:
N-5 freeway entrances are Harbor, Euclid, Katella, and Lincoln, all close to disneyland. take N-5, W-91, N-605, W-105... but expect heavy traffic W-105 to the max. I havent been there these days... you can blame Bruce Willis for the traffic jam :P

E-210 --> S-57 is a freaking longer drive... instead of cutting straight through, you make this big detour... not worth it. Esp when some parts of the S-57 is horrible... like at the 60-57 changer... its crazy! they really need to fix that ASAP! i would rather sit in traffic then to take that big detour.
Thanks so much for the reply, Albort! :goodvibes I pulled up directions on my MS Streets & Trips, it says N on Harbor, then left on Katella (is that also a highway?) for 10 miles, then I405 for 18 miles, then I105 the rest of the way to airport exit. I am so umfamiliar with the area...I thought maybe the streets it's telling me to use are the same you are but with different names? That is the case with a lot of our streets in SW Washington. If not, which route will have less traffic on a Saturday afternoon/evening?

P.S. Bruce Willis??? :confused3

Yep, Bruce Willis... They are filming the latest Die Hard movie and really screwing up traffic!

mAlien13 said:
Thanks so much for the reply, Albort! :goodvibes I pulled up directions on my MS Streets & Trips, it says N on Harbor, then left on Katella (is that also a highway?) for 10 miles, then I405 for 18 miles, then I105 the rest of the way to airport exit. I am so umfamiliar with the area...I thought maybe the streets it's telling me to use are the same you are but with different names? That is the case with a lot of our streets in SW Washington. If not, which route will have less traffic on a Saturday afternoon/evening?

P.S. Bruce Willis??? :confused3

hmm, Katella and Harbor are perpendicular to each other... just think of a triangle with a 90 degree angle where 5 freeway is the Hypothnes and harbor and Katella are the two sides...

now why would they make you take I-405? It makes no sense at all. 405 is south of Disneyland and you would have to take S-5 to N-405, or take a long local drive to S-605 to N-405. i would double check. Perhaps mapquest or yahoo map it.

anyhow, I wouldnt recommend taking I-405 cuz its one of the most crowded freeways in LA... Id go to sigalert.com and check it out first...

I alway take 91 Freeway, so im kinda used to it... on Sat and Sun, the traffic is usually moving at around 60-70mph

PS. Bruce Willis? OMG, you need to imdb.com his butt! :P

From Dl take the 5 to the 91 west (there is a carpool lane from the 5 onto the 91 it is awesome.. Same thing heading back to DL)
(you can take the 91 till it ends, but then you have a lot of side streets to get to the airport. That is why they tell you to take the 405)

91 west to the 110 that will lead you to the 405 north.
you come to the 105 (El Segundo)and follow the signs for the airport.

Getting back to DL go the same route..

You will have traffic though.. Try and use the carpool lane..

Reverse Directions..
105-405-to the 110-follow signs for 91 east. Get into the carpool lane as quickly as possible. or else it is 3-5 miles to another entrance and it can be less than 5 mph. But being a Saturday night.. might not be too awful..
You will have to get out of the car pool lane for construction for about 5 miles, but then get right back in it and follow to the 5 to the DL exit..

HTH..

Drove this route last night so it is not all that bad..

Getting to the airport from dl.. ABout 1 hr 15 minutes.. getting back to DL about 1hr 30 depending on traffic..

Sometimes the airport is crazy to get in for the arrivals..

I will pass on our secret.... The departures level, top, is usually not that crowded . So if it is crazy getting in our friends take the nearest escalator to the top and we pick them up there. vs. downstairs at the arrivals..

One day it took us 1 hour to make the loop in because the traffic was backed up under the bridge..

Rapunsel said:
From Dl take the 5 to the 91 west (there is a carpool lane from the 5 onto the 91 it is awesome.. Same thing heading back to DL)
(you can take the 91 till it ends, but then you have a lot of side streets to get to the airport. That is why they tell you to take the 405)

91 west to the 110 that will lead you to the 405 north.
you come to the 105 (El Segundo)and follow the signs for the airport.

Getting back to DL go the same route..

You will have traffic though.. Try and use the carpool lane..

Reverse Directions..
105-405-to the 110-follow signs for 91 east. Get into the carpool lane as quickly as possible. or else it is 3-5 miles to another entrance and it can be less than 5 mph. But being a Saturday night.. might not be too awful..
You will have to get out of the car pool lane for construction for about 5 miles, but then get right back in it and follow to the 5 to the DL exit..

HTH..

Drove this route last night so it is not all that bad..

Getting to the airport from dl.. ABout 1 hr 15 minutes.. getting back to DL about 1hr 30 depending on traffic..

Sometimes the airport is crazy to get in for the arrivals..

I will pass on our secret.... The departures level, top, is usually not that crowded . So if it is crazy getting in our friends take the nearest escalator to the top and we pick them up there. vs. downstairs at the arrivals..

One day it took us 1 hour to make the loop in because the traffic was backed up under the bridge..

Id rather get the full length of 105 mainly cuz its carpool lane all the way to the airport... but thats another possiblility of going...

your correct, departure level is more empty. I suggest parking... its worth it, if not, have one person drop off and wait for the arrival person, then drive out of the airport... when come back, departure again, and park in the lots, pick up in the lot, and out... if your out quick enough, they wont charge you a dime...

Just curious but what is traffic like on Sunday around 2:00 pm. Or does it matter what day it is?!
Is there ever a GOOD time on Sunday with little or less traffic?

ah Im gonna get traffic no matter what...Im going on a Saturday for petes sake...I just hope its not stop and go all the way from echo park like I encounter most of the time....who am I kidding? it will be :sad2:

tirby said:
Just curious but what is traffic like on Sunday around 2:00 pm. Or does it matter what day it is?!
Is there ever a GOOD time on Sunday with little or less traffic?

depends on what freeway we are talking about... I-405 is one of those freeways that are always crowded, 105 is busy due to the movie shooting.

Unless there is an accident, all other freeways should be clear. I suggest you use sigalert.com to check LA traffic :)

The 5fwy always seems to have traffic and it's just bumper-to-bumper traffic because there are too many people rushing to get home. :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter