how long do tickets last

fraggle1_rs

Mouseketeer
hi
just wondering how long the universal studios & IOA tickets last?

Like if i brought one now would it last 6 months or 12 months not being used?
thanks

It will last for all eternity (as long is it isn't activated).

It will last for all eternity (as long is it isn't activated).

I don't think that is true, the last deal I saw (I think it was buy 2 days get a third free) stated the tickets needed to be used by June 2013.

I don't think that is true, the last deal I saw (I think it was buy 2 days get a third free) stated the tickets needed to be used by June 2013.

General admission does not have an expiration date as long as the tickets have not been activated. Special tickets, like the buy 2 days get the third day free, do have expiration dates and usually state as such on the tickets.

General admission does not have an expiration date as long as the tickets have not been activated. Special tickets, like the buy 2 days get the third day free, do have expiration dates and usually state as such on the tickets.

So it is important to state that they can expire, but it depends on the type of ticket you purchase :idea:.

So it is important to state that they can expire, but it depends on the type of ticket you purchase :idea:.

I didn't realize this deal had an expiry date. I don't think there has ever been a regular admission ticket, other than the Costco one of course, that had an expiry. This comes as a surprise to me but makes sense when you realize all the new things that are expected to open by next summer.

I didn't realize this deal had an expiry date. I don't think there has ever been a regular admission ticket, other than the Costco one of course, that had an expiry. This comes as a surprise to me but makes sense when you realize all the new things that are expected to open by next summer.

In my email, I still have one of those 7 days for $99.00 tickets that they came out with, the winter before Harry Potter opened. I had bought three of them, planning on a solo trip in May of that year, then a trip with my husband in the fall. However, I upgraded mine to an AP when I went that May and have just continued to renew the AP every year, so had the third $99.00 ticket left over for the trip I took later that fall. Is that old 7 day $99.00 ticket still good and is it transferable, even though my name would be on it if I print it from my email?

In my email, I still have one of those 7 days for $99.00 tickets that they came out with, the winter before Harry Potter opened. I had bought three of them, planning on a solo trip in May of that year, then a trip with my husband in the fall. However, I upgraded mine to an AP when I went that May and have just continued to renew the AP every year, so had the third $99.00 ticket left over for the trip I took later that fall. Is that old 7 day $99.00 ticket still good and is it transferable, even though my name would be on it if I print it from my email?

I think that as long as it isn't used, it can be used by anyone. We had purchased some of the Kroger $89 7-day passes and finished using them last year, well after they were no longer sold in stores.

as long as the tickets are not a promotional one, such as the current buy 2 days get one day free, they are valid until the end of time.

i still have single day tickets from 1996 that are unused and valid.
also have 2-3 sets of the $99/7 day passes.

you can have your older tickets/passes checked at guest services to show the validity of them if you are concerned.

They are usually not transferable. You can double check by reading terms in the email or calling Universal directly.

They are usually not transferable. You can double check by reading terms in the email or calling Universal directly.

Doesn't the name of the purchaser go on the email no matter who the tickets are being used by? I was under the impression that the "not transferable" part meant that once the ticket was activated, it could not be used by another person.

Doesn't the name of the purchaser go on the email no matter who they are being used by? I was under the impression that the "not transferable" part meant that once the ticket was activated, it could not be used by another person.

The name of the purchaser is on the email, but usually each ticket is also assigned to someone. When you do a print at home ticket you usually have to give the name of each person going and that name is attached to a ticket. Then at the gate everyone over 18 has to present ID to match the name on the ticket.

The name of the purchaser is on the email, but usually each ticket is also assigned to someone. When you do a print at home ticket you usually have to give the name of each person going and that name is attached to a ticket. Then at the gate everyone over 18 has to present ID to match the name on the ticket.

The reason I am saying what I said is because of this recent thread...

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2989990

The last person says that no ID was needed.

Next time you are at the park, just have the hard ticket printed at guest services. The ticket itself shouldn't have any name on it and you should be able to give it to whomever you want.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter