How long are waitlists to buy?

Noodlez

Mouseketeer
Hi. I’m not sure if there are any accessible stats so I thought I’d see what people’s experiences have been with being put on a waitlist to buy directly. Is this something that tends to take weeks, months or years?

I am looking at resale too but I was hoping for a direct contract for my first one, and I’m struggling to find what we’re after anyway! How long would you give it before giving up hope?

Btw, I’ve only been on the list a week but I’m just curious!

Thanks very much.

I think it depends on which resort you are looking at and how many points you are requesting. I just purchased SSR direct a couple weeks ago and got the points a little over one day after I called. More desirable resorts could have longer waits and I think there are some that do not even have waitlists.

Thanks for replying. We’d like 100 (ish) points at BCV, which I guess is going to be one of the longest but I have no idea how long! :-)
That’s very fast for you!

Unfortunately, I do think the wait for BCV will be a long one. We purchased 110 points at SSR and I was very shocked to get them so quickly. You might have better luck with resale for that resort - not real sure as that is not one we researched. Hope they come through quickly!!

I’m struggling to find anything good on resale as we’d like some available points and most have been used for this year which is making the price not seem like much of a saving. The only decent ones I’ve seen are for 300 points but we’re not ready for that as a first contract!
If the list turns out to be very long we’d probably buy at SSR with the intention of using elsewhere a lot of the time. I wish I wasn’t so impatient! :-) It took 4 days to be added to the waitlist and that was hard enough.

BCV closed the wait list, I believe. They don't seem to be caring much to work with that one.

I’d heard it was closed, but it can’t really be as we’ve just been added! I was also told they’re going to start using ROFR more aggressively to help those on the wait list, but that was a guide talking so I have no idea if this is true or just a standard statement to encourage direct buying.

I’m struggling to find anything good on resale as we’d like some available points and most have been used for this year which is making the price not seem like much of a saving. The only decent ones I’ve seen are for 300 points but we’re not ready for that as a first contract!
If the list turns out to be very long we’d probably buy at SSR with the intention of using elsewhere a lot of the time. I wish I wasn’t so impatient! :-) It took 4 days to be added to the waitlist and that was hard enough.

I would keep looking at postings of several resalers whose names you see listed here frequently. You can also email them and let them know what you are looking for. Not sure if that helps.
Keep looking as the postings continueally change.
As we get closer to the due date to paying the maintanence fees, a lot more listings seem to appear.

Thanks very much gharter. I hadn’t thought about the maintenance fees affecting sales but that’s a good point. I’ll keep checking!

I’d heard it was closed, but it can’t really be as we’ve just been added! I was also told they’re going to start using ROFR more aggressively to help those on the wait list, but that was a guide talking so I have no idea if this is true or just a standard statement to encourage direct buying.

I am curious to see if/when ROFR really picks up, seeing how CCV is now 75% declared and selling at a nice brisk pace. Riviera is a year (?) away, but who knows when they will actually start selling those points. They will need points from somewhere to sell... maybe will start pushing Aulani harder?

I am curious to see if/when ROFR really picks up, seeing how CCV is now 75% declared and selling at a nice brisk pace. Riviera is a year (?) away, but who knows when they will actually start selling those points. They will need points from somewhere to sell... maybe will start pushing Aulani harder?

They can sell Riviera any time at this point. They would need to have a model (easy) and reveal unit configurations. They would also need an open date. But the basics to sell are already in place via the last filing.

We were told in Sept that BCV was only accepting present BCV owners to add on. The wait list for present BCV owners wanting to add on is so long.

BCV has the lowest amount of resale (and therefore ROFR) activity of all the resorts. DVD has only had 49 deeds come back to them this year at BCV. Boardwalk had 127.

On a positive note, they have sold 109 BCV contracts this year, so it's possible to get the points, but probably going to take a while. I wouldn't expect anything until sometime next year as the new use years come around. Anything can happen though.

About a year ago I started looking for a small resale contract 50-100 BCV - My UY. No luck. I wondered if they were sold/pending before they even hit the email/and or postings :rolleyes:. I/we decided to wait now again. Not sure if we want to add on at BCV, a new resort (Riviera, etc.), a Marriott not in Disney (maybe HH) or don't commit to anything :teeth:

Good luck!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I might have to be realistic and look harder at resale then. If I speak to my guide is he likely to have any idea how long the list is or am I unlikely to get an answer? I’m currently looking at 5 or 6 different resale sites. Are there any to be avoided? Or any that show results from all of them?

Unfortunately, we’ve completely fallen in love with this resort so nothing else will do right now. We were hoping to add on at Riviera next year but I’m not hearing much positive about it.

Where can you see how many deeds they’ve had back?

Thanks again!

They definitely have AKV direct points. I added 80 yesterday and had the option to buy up to 200. My guide was really helpful, checked all my options for April use year as well. I could have added SSR, OKW, or Poly if I wanted. In the end, I just wanted to make things as simple as possible for combining my points.

I added on BWV 3 times...2014, 2014 and 2016. I called in 2014, initially for 55 BWV or BCV points and neither were available right away. I decided to go on BWV waitlist because we figured we could make those 55 points go farther at BWV with the standard view rooms (they are less points than the other views at BWV and less that BCV and less than BRV/CCV). We have 2 UY, June and Aug, so we went on waitlist for both. The June came through in like 2 weeks. Then they called me a month later and said the Aug had also come through...so I could not resist 25 more. Then in Aug 2016, I called in to see if they had 25 Aug UY I could buy for DH's Sept birthday...and yep, they actually did have them right away. Then, since we love that location (like BCV resort a tad better but that whole location is the bomb) and were booking all our stays at BWV (not just F&W) we added 150 point resale at BWV in May 2017. Yes, the 150+ resale contracts are easiest to get. If you are going under, say, 120, then it may be best to just go direct.

So, I know you're sold on BCV but maybe think about BWV. Those 100 points would go far (but bear in mind standard view studios are tough to get even for owners booking right at 11 months...standard view 1BRs are not that tough). And having points w/walkability to HS once Star Wars Land opens will be GOLDEN!

Thanks for the replies everyone. I guess I might have to be realistic and look harder at resale then. If I speak to my guide is he likely to have any idea how long the list is or am I unlikely to get an answer? I’m currently looking at 5 or 6 different resale sites. Are there any to be avoided? Or any that show results from all of them?

Unfortunately, we’ve completely fallen in love with this resort so nothing else will do right now. We were hoping to add on at Riviera next year but I’m not hearing much positive about it.

Where can you see how many deeds they’ve had back?

Thanks again!
Can look up deed on the Orange County Comptroller site. Just don't know how to search for ROFRd deeds specifically.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/login.jsp

Can look up deed on the Orange County Comptroller site. Just don't know how to search for ROFRd deeds specifically.

http://or.occompt.com/recorder/web/login.jsp

What I do is select my dates, and to narrow down to Disney acquiring the purchase (hard to tell if it's ROFR or foreclosure or whatever), put disney in the Grantee name field. I search only deed records, and then on the advanced tab put the resort name in the legal remarks field. It doesn't have to be exact "Beach Club" will work for BCV

Thank you again. You’re all being so helpful.
I do love the location of BWV but I’m going to still try BCV for now. :-) The next thing I need to do is work out what I need to have prepared in case I find a resale contract. Maybe that should be a different thread!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!