How LittleDragonErin gets her Jungle Cruise Scores Part II...

LittleDragonErin

I am dragon, feel my fire! Roar!
Originally this game was kind of weird, as the instructions provided were wrong and in order to get the best score, you sort of had to play opposite of what they said. But in that style of play, high scores were in the 64,000-67,000 range. For me anyway.

Then on November 1, 2006 VMK finally changed the game to fit the way the instructions explain. Of course, that still doesn't help most players. Therefore, I'm here to try and give you an in depth look at how I get my scores.

First off, make sure your computer is a decent one. Slow computers will severely affect your game play. Although this game runs better than fireworks on some slower computers, the faster the computer, the easier it is to score higher.

Second, make sure your mouse tracking and clicking speed are adjusted properly. You can do this in your computer's Control Panel settings. If your mouse isn't moving at the same time your hand is, or if it responds slower than you click, you will not be able to score as high as you can.

Now for the game. The most important rule that you MUST follow...if you do not remember anything else but this, then that will be find. NEVER EVER PRESS THE UP KEY! NEVER! NADA! NIL! NO! Forget that key even exists in this game. It will eat up your gas and you will most likely not finish. Even one press messes you up for the rest of the game. So NEVER press the up key.

(Okay, if you're an expert player who knows how to steer and shoot, then yeah, there are times when you can use the up key to speed it up. But for all you not-so-experienced players, DO NOT use the up key.)

The patterns for the animals are pretty standard. There's only a couple changes, but otherwise they always appear in the same spots. You want to get "Awesome" as much as possible and to do that, you need to click on the animals as soon as they appear (pretty much covered in smoke). The earlier the better. MEMORIZE the animal patterns in which they appear as best as you can. Because you need to click on them right away, you want to have your cursor already there when they appear. The key is to know where the next animal is. In addition, each animal has its own "sweet" spot that gives the maximum points. For example, most of the larger animals, the center is the spot you want your cursor to be on. For snakes, sometimes it's the tip of the tail. And each "pose" of each animal has a different sweet spot as well. A coiled snake won't have the same sweet spot as an extended snake. Also, ignore the camera frame when it comes to animals on the edges. It's where your mouse is pointing that counts. Just make sure your cursor is where the animal is.

The best shots are in this order:
1. Awesome
2. Flawless
3. Good
4. Ok

Be aware of your camera frame however...there are some animals that appear right next to each other and you don't get as many points if you get them both in the same shot. Sometimes you have to sacrifice higher scores to get 2 separate animals in 2 seperate shots.

The rocks change, but also have the same patterns. There's about four different rock patterns. I would say, first, memorize the patterns of the animals. You want to know especially where the ones in the water appear. The Hippos and Elephants are HUGE points, and you don't want to lose those points by running them over. For those that have trouble steering and shooting at the same time, once you know where it's safe to "park", do that and shoot the animals first, then steer your way to the other side. Again NEVER EVER press the up key. I know, it's slow. But better slow and high score than fast and nothing but 20 credits, right?

In terms of steering, you don't want to overdue it. Simple taps of the left and right arrow keys are enough to avoid the rocks. Simply "float" down the river and as you near a rock, tap the keys a couple times, just enough to slide past it. There are only 3 situations that are tricky. And 2 of them are only required if you need to pick up a gas or film in that area. But even hitting the rocks 4 or 5 times through the game shouldn't be enough to ruin your gas, assuming you are NOT using the up key.

There are 3 rounds. So no matter how much gas or film you have you go around a maximum of 3 times. On the other hand, once you run out of gas, the game is over.

The first time you win, you get 150 credits and a toucan jungle cruise poster. Any score that does not get you into the top ten list, regardless of how high or low, rewards 20 credits. Every score you make into the top ten list rewards 750 credits.

Here's sort of an average breakdown of my scoring, resulting in about 65,000 points:

1:1 3,100
1:2 6,300
1:3 10,400
1:4 14,000
1:5 19,300
2:1 23,100
2:2 27,000
2:3 32,500
2:4 35,500
2:5 42,000
3:1 47,000
3:2 53,000
3:3 56,000
3:4 60,000
3:5 65,000

As always, if you're not having fun, it's not worth the stress. So my final advice, have fun! ^_^

A link to a video sample of my game (quite old though, needs updating lol): LDE's Jungle Cruise Video

you know the last room in each round (lost safari party): there is a giraffe that appears on the right side of the screen and it seems whenever I click the camera (on it) I get a "oops". where is the sweet spot for that particular animal?

AllisonY2K said:
you know the last room in each round (lost safari party): there is a giraffe that appears on the right side of the screen and it seems whenever I click the camera (on it) I get a "oops". where is the sweet spot for that particular animal?
Same here, I've been wanting to ask this. I used to not be able to get the giraffe on the left either, but I've pretty well mastered him.

Lion

Before it used to be right below the neck. And with other "edge" animals, those sweet spots still work but you have to click almost immediately when they appear. However, with that Giraffe, I've only been able to get flawless a couple times and it wasn't in the same spot. That's one of the things I'm still working on trying to figure out.

Thanks for the tips. I am only in the 56K range myself and have yet to get 57K. I think I just don't have the speed in the last round - will work on it.

:)

Cool!
I will download and watch after I get home.

Although I don't think I'll be getting the kinds of scores you're getting (yeah, I saw that 61k last night) due to my computer.

But I can sure try! :goodvibes

thanks for the tips! they are amazing - i love the video (especially the music, i bet it helps pump you up when playing! lol).

Wow, that was awesome. thanks for letting us see how a pro does it :thumbsup2 Loved the music also.
I really love to play this game but the credits make it not so worthwhile ... unless you are in the top 10.

Wow, that was awesome. thanks for letting us see how a pro does it :thumbsup2 Loved the music also.
I really love to play this game but the credits make it not so worthwhile ... unless you are in the top 10.

Here's the thing... everyone really needs to get half way decent in Jungle. I mean is it Car or Space where you need to hit 35,000 in jungle.

Same iwth fireworks.. everyone needs to play it enough to score at least 2500 if not more

Here's the thing... everyone really needs to get half way decent in Jungle. I mean is it Car or Space where you need to hit 35,000 in jungle.

I think it's car you need to do Jungle. My problem with Jungle cruise is I can get my score up to 40,000 but it still only gets me 20 credits ... which is the same if all you do is run it through with 0 points. :confused3 Except the day the dark rides opened, I don't know if it was an error on VMK's part or no one was playing but I really scored that day :woohoo:

these are great tips but yesterday I played up to like 45,000 or so and I had about 150 gas credits left plus film and suddenly it took me back to the dock and gave me my score at that point! What?? I thought you could ride until you ran out of gas??? I got my 20 credits and no dc or anything - am I confused about this game?

these are great tips but yesterday I played up to like 45,000 or so and I had about 150 gas credits left plus film and suddenly it took me back to the dock and gave me my score at that point! What?? I thought you could ride until you ran out of gas??? I got my 20 credits and no dc or anything - am I confused about this game?

As far as I understand it, you only get to go around 3 times, regardless of pics or gas left.

You only go through it 3 times regardless of how much gas you have left at the end.

Wow! You are an excellent player! My best score is 32K. I am sure your video will help me to do a better score. Thanks!princess:

Wow - I'm impressed! My highest score is 49,360. I think using your tips will make it go higher (although a faster computer would help. lol)

How did you record that?

And BTW, nice playing. I wish I was that good. Now if only GoofyGeggy would make a video of him playing fireworks...

Wow - I'm impressed! My highest score is 49,360. I think using your tips will make it go higher (although a faster computer would help. lol)

Woot! Improved that score to 51,587! Now I'm gong back to watch the video again!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter