• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How late does the big BWV pool stay open?

Nick Beecham

Earning My Ears
The sign by the side of the pool says it is open 10am to 7pm.

I am a long distance swimmer and wanted to do some quite distance swimming in the pool. I asked at the check in desk and they assured me it was open 24 hours a day.

Long after 7pm there was always plenty of people in the pool.

I therefore started my long distance swim at 10pm. At midnight I was asked to leave by a security guard on the grounds there was no lifeguard.

So when do you think it officially shuts then - 7pm, midnight or never?

Does anyone have some insight on this?

Cheers
Nick

We were always told, the slide closed and lifeguard left at 7, a little bit later in the summer, but the pool was open 24 hours. It just became a quiet pool. We swam our last trip after midnight without any problems. I think it usually has the pool hours on the sheet when you check in.

Ditto on the above--lifeguard from 10 to 7 but pool is open 24 hours; slide is closed when lifeguard not there.

I remember seeing a sign at the quiet pool last week that said open 7 AM to 12 AM (midnight). I didn't see or look for a sign at Luna Park Pool.

Frank in WI
DVC-BWV 98

I also understood it was open 24 hours. My son who is a night owl was out there til at least 2 AM last June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter