• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

How is the Double Tree at Seaworld?

abbyandangel

Mouseketeer
I have a conference in Orlando at the end of October. I have a room booked at the sea world double tree. Any experience with that hotel? Is it quiet? I have an important exam at the end of the week and hope for study time and a good nights sleep.

The DoubleTree at Sea World isn't a hotel that comes up very often in this forum. I checked out the Sea World/Discovery Cove forum, but didn't find much information beyond basic comments from years past like:

"I enjoyed our stay @ the doubletree. Very cost efficient, clean & complimentary breakfast was good."
That thread: https://www.disboards.com/threads/hotel-choices-around-sea-world.3603413/

Note: This hotel only offers complimentary breakfast to elite-level Hilton Honors members. That's the frequent guest program for Hilton Hotels and Resorts.

While I haven't stayed there, I do know the DoubleTree at Sea World has two distinct types of rooms. The cheapest rooms are located in 2 or 3 story buildings with exterior entry. I've always thought that exterior entry rooms are noisier because the bathroom is on the inside of the room. So, the living space (bed, seating area) is closer to the corridor where people are walking (and talking).

With an interior entry room, the placement of the bathroom near the door provides a little extra space to block sound.

A quick glance at photos on the official website and Trip Advisor shows that at least some of the exterior entry rooms have "hard wood" flooring. All of the interior entry rooms in the tower look to have carpeting. Hopefully, the hotel didn't skimp on the underlayment on those "hard wood" floors. But, I have a neighbor with them and I hear every step when she's wearing heels. So, I'd be wary of that type of room if you're seeking quiet.

My recommendation: Book a tower room, if possible.

Hopefully, someone who has stayed at the hotel will provide some feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter