How I Hate FastPass+

disneytraceyl

Loving All Things Disney
We have spent 7 days in the parks. I hate FastPass plus. I really do not know how they can fix it. We rode less rides, waited in longer lines and had no ability to change the park we were scheduled for that day. They have taken any spontaneity out of the equation. It is virtually impossible to reschedule a FastPass. Needless to say we will not be coming back to the parks until it is fixed.

I still don't understand the whole one Park per day thing. There's probably some reason for it, but it's no fun.

We have spent 7 days in the parks. I hate FastPass plus. I really do not know how they can fix it. We rode less rides, waited in longer lines and had no ability to change the park we were scheduled for that day. They have taken any spontaneity out of the equation. It is virtually impossible to reschedule a FastPass. Needless to say we will not be coming back to the parks until it is fixed.
"We rode less rides, waited in longer lines and had no ability to change the park we were scheduled for that day." This was the whole point in behind FastPass Plus, in my opinion. It forces you to either stay longer or come back (and spend more money) in order to do all of the things you want.

FP+ is doing exactly what they wanted it to do. It's putting more people in ride lines and spreading them out.

People like the OP (veterans/planners) are getting a lesser experience because they knew how to maximize their number of rides. The average visitor is getting a "better" experience because they are (theoretically) getting on more rides.

I really like magic bands and all you can do with them. But I do understand the OP's frustration with FP+. It worked out ok for our family last summer but overall I'm just not a big fan of choosing individual rides months in advance. It would be nice if some time in the future they increase the daily number of fp's you receive and let you have fp's for more than 1 park per day. I had no trouble switching fp's except for maybe the big headliner attractions like 7DMT.

"We rode less rides, waited in longer lines and had no ability to change the park we were scheduled for that day." This was the whole point in behind FastPass Plus, in my opinion. It forces you to either stay longer or come back (and spend more money) in order to do all of the things you want.
Love it or hate it, i agree it is of course a crowd management tool - incentivise/schedule people onto lines for lesser attractions to spread out crowds and reallocate headliner availability. But i cant say that it was intended to increase waits. . . Or at least guest perception of waits. Disney has no incentive to irritate guests with longer waits.

FP+ is doing exactly what they wanted it to do. It's putting more people in ride lines and spreading them out.

People like the OP (veterans/planners) are getting a lesser experience because they knew how to maximize their number of rides. The average visitor is getting a "better" experience because they are (theoretically) getting on more rides.

I'd agree with that entirely.

Per ************** this week is the 9th worse week to go.

It isnt FP+ causing you to ride less, its more people. Way more people.

Depends on whether they are comparing their experience this week to their previous experience with this particular week under old-school FP.

In general I agree with the above but...........I'm a planner and MDE and FP+ have made it more interesting for me..........o_O. I view it as a planning challenge. On our last trip with FP+ we actually rode more rides than less..........primarily because we waited on shorter lines for the big rides. We took advantage of Morning EMH to ride none FP+ selections that can have long lines (Peter Pan's flight for example). We also planned our trip during a slower season...........Sept. I don't mind FP+ because I'm a planner. I find myself thinking outside the box more........but also my wife and I take things much slower........we usually break in the middle of each day for rest. I guess its a personal preference.

Doug :goofy:

I have to agree. We're cutting back our time, we used to go 3-4 times a year with at least one of those trips of 7 nights or more. We will not be renewing our APs this year, and are only going back soon to get a second week out of them. Normally we travel off-season and still do not like having to pre-plan our days and parks. Even with the ability to change on the fly, often the rides we want are no longer available - even a week in advance.

We normally would go to a park for a few hours in the morning, collect fast passes, and return at night to use them. We made the plans that day. We can't any longer.

Our former nice, relaxing trips to WDW have turned into an exercise in stress because we want to make sure we get on some of our favorite rides - and with a limit of only 3 per day (the 4th is useless), we go on our 3 and leave the park. That means no extra revenue from food or trinkets we may see and pick up. We're not eating at sit-down restaurants because again, they have to be planned in advance to match our fast pass days and times. It's been either eat in our cabin or have counter service.

Last trip, for the first time in about 10 years, left the property mid-vacation and went to KSC for the day.

We are AP holders and stay on site each and every trip - to give us the same entitlements as those staying offsite and buying length of stay tickets is simply not fair.

IMHO, Disney does not value it's most frequent guests and they're losing them as a result.

IMHO, Disney does not value it's most frequent guests and they're losing them as a result.

I wonder whether valuing frequent guests (above single-visit or infrequent guests) is even a priority at all for Disney. There must be a wider profit base in the long term by drawing in more people for less frequent visits, rather than targeting perks at frequent guests. After all, the perks come off the bottom line profit. Unfortunately, I think that means we (frequent guests) can suck it up and enjoy things the way they are or do something else with our vacation dollars. I don't think it is that we are not valued as guests, just not valued any more than those first-timers Disney seems to be chasing.

WDW does not at this time target frequent guests for "perks" because they don't need to. After 911 they needed to. The AP resort rates were deeply discounted for one thing. But they were also cutting many corners in the parks and resorts because they weren't getting the attendance. During this time several outlying resort character meals disappeared (and never came back).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

facebook twitter