How have families dealt with limited food choices at BC/YC/BW?

I agree with some previous posters about it not really being an issue. Even before the Boardwalk Bakery closed for renovations, they had a decent selection for my family of 4. That includes my DH, who eats very light in the A.M., and myself, and I like a big breakfast! In addition to the bakery, Kouzzina is awesome. Of the EPCOT resorts we've only stayed at BW so I can't speak for the other 2, but it's also very easy to get a quick breakfast at Sunshine Seasons on an EPCOT day or Starring Rolls on a HS day:)

ariane37 said:
I agree with some previous posters about it not really being an issue.

It is an issue if you need a big, hot breakfast, and you need it early, before you get to a park. We don't want to waste precious rope-drop time in the park hunting down breakfast, that needs to be taken care of before we get there.

So if you need a real meal (NOT pastries or snacks) at 7am, the choices seem to be: walk over to S/D (not on DDP though), order room service (only on DDP if you are willing to fork over 2 credits- ouch!), or get an egg sandwich from the Marketplace (maybe okay for a day or two, but I think that's going to get old quick). BB seems to have roughly the same egg sandwich, with a much longer walk.

Not trying to be a negative Nelly, I AM looking forward to staying there next month, I just wish there were either more options at the Marketplace, or that Captains Grille or Cape May opened earlier. All of the resorts we've stayed at in the past had much better early morning options. Since meals are rather important in our family, I hope we can make this work somehow.

It is an issue if you need a big, hot breakfast, and you need it early, before you get to a park.

I agree. A lot of people stay CL as that satisfies their breakfasts needs (which is great if it works for you), but for those who need/want a quick hot breakfast, what the Epcot area offers isn't enough. I love CL and while I can eat breakfast there every morning, my DH and DSs wouldn't last on muffins, bagels, cold cereal, etc. Going to a park or another resort as a pp suggested is a good idea, but it kind of defeats the purpose of a "quick" breakfast before the parks, IMO. If we are going to travel to another resort or wait until we get to the park, we might as well eat TS at the resort before heading out. I do agree that the BC/YC offers great sit down options (Cape May is one of our favorites), but eating that big of a breakfast every morning would get old for us.

ariane37 said:
I agree with some previous posters about it not really being an issue.)
I'll wade in and respectfully say that the notion of "limited food" is a false construct. There are multiple places to eat at these resorts and at the 2 nearby parks + the Swolphin. The many options have already been named.

Perhaps what you are saying is that you want a particular type of restaurant. Disney constructed many resorts, you have many options.

Hi everyone! Op here. Thanks so much for the suggestions! It's crazy to me the lack of choices at this group of deluxes. Very strange. I'm hoping that everything else at bc is worth it for the price. I would love to stay CL although my guys wouldn't be satisfied with those offerings either since they appear to be the grab and go type of things we can get in the market. Is the bw kiosk anywhere near the bc? The lunch and dinner choices seem okay. Any other drawbacks to this resort? That issue is pretty big for us and the main reason we have previously left it out of our choices. Thanks again!!!

Granola bars tide us over until lunch. We make lunch and dinner our more substantial meals. One year we did Club Level, but that didn't work on mornings when the parks opened at 7am and we were going to rope drop because the CL lounge wasn't open when we left in the morning (although with some planning, we probably could have gotten something from the CL CM the night before to take along the next morning).

We never found it an issue.We are content with a breakfast sandwich or fruit and yogurt from the Marketplace.I guess if you like a big hot food court breakfast it could be an issue, but to us the resort is well worth it and not an issue.There are options, just not a food court like some of the other resorts

Hi everyone! Op here. Thanks so much for the suggestions! It's crazy to me the lack of choices at this group of deluxes. Very strange. I'm hoping that everything else at bc is worth it for the price. I would love to stay CL although my guys wouldn't be satisfied with those offerings either. Maybe someday. Is the bw kiosk anywhere near the bc? And even though there's such a lack of morning food for those not wanting TS, the lunch and dinner choices seem okay. Any other drawbacks to this resort? That issue is a big one and the main reason we have previously left it out of our choices. Thanks again!!!

From what you have written here, I don't think your family is going to like BC/YC/BWI. There are many breakfast options at these resorts and in the area, but what you want for a morning meal is just not there.

From what you have written here, I don't think your family is going to like BC/YC/BWI. There are many breakfast options at these resorts and in the area, but what you want for a morning meal is just not there.

It's not that it's a make or break kinda thing. I'm sorry if it appeared that way. Previous trips, we had a ressie for TS every morning somewhere and the stress of getting there and perhaps missing rope drop, etc. made me wonder about not doing the morning TS thing and opting for a bounty platter or something. I'm checking out the menus and such and I can say emphatically that although it isn't what I was expecting, it's definitely not going to be the reason I don't stay at BC. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will be our pick. Everything else appeals to us. Each resort has some sort of drawback, right?. I'd love to stay at the Poly, but the no hot tub thing is a deal breaker for sure lol. Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. It will be fine and I appreciate all of the thoughts. They have helped tremendously! :)

No flames please. We are staying at BWV next month, but the bus service to the AK, MK and DTD is horrible. ( depending on time of year and day, you may share between 5 Epcot resorts)

It's not that it's a make or break kinda thing. I'm sorry if it appeared that way. Previous trips, we had a ressie for TS every morning somewhere and the stress of getting there and perhaps missing rope drop, etc. made me wonder about not doing the morning TS thing and opting for a bounty platter or something. I'm checking out the menus and such and I can say emphatically that although it isn't what I was expecting, it's definitely not going to be the reason I don't stay at BC. In fact, I'm pretty sure it will be our pick. Everything else appeals to us. Each resort has some sort of drawback, right?. I'd love to stay at the Poly, but the no hot tub thing is a deal breaker for sure lol. Thanks everyone for taking the time to comment. It will be fine and I appreciate all of the thoughts. They have helped tremendously! :)

That's cool :goodvibes You are right that every resort has its drawbacks and there are reasons why we like one over another, they all have their special somethings too. I hope you guys have a great trip! I really liked the YC.

No flames please. We are staying at BWV next month, but the bus service to the AK, MK and DTD is horrible. ( depending on time of year and day, you may share between 5 Epcot resorts)
No, the transportation isn't horrible. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, but seriously?? I stay at BWV a lot...at least once, maybe twice, a year. Is the bus to MK direct? No. It stops at the Swan and then the Dolphin. It seldom stops at the YC or BC in the morning. Same with the bus to AK. The very early, prior to 8am buses, may make more stops but the regular buses don't share the entire route.

The buses at SSR share with no other resorts, but honestly?? If you get on at the first stop, you are on that bus for close to 20 mins before you are out of the resort itself.

For those wanting a good breakfast in the Epcot resorts area..you can eat at Spoodles, Captains Grill, Picabu, Fresh, or even CapeMay..but CM is pricey since it's a character meal. No, there is no food court type area. I wish there was. It's the one failing at the Epcot resorts. It looks like the Bakery is going to try to fix that, but it isn't going to be the same as the food courts at other deluxes.

It is an issue if you need a big, hot breakfast, and you need it early, before you get to a park. We don't want to waste precious rope-drop time in the park hunting down breakfast, that needs to be taken care of before we get there.

So if you need a real meal (NOT pastries or snacks) at 7am, the choices seem to be: walk over to S/D (not on DDP though), order room service (only on DDP if you are willing to fork over 2 credits- ouch!), or get an egg sandwich from the Marketplace (maybe okay for a day or two, but I think that's going to get old quick). BB seems to have roughly the same egg sandwich, with a much longer walk.

Not trying to be a negative Nelly, I AM looking forward to staying there next month, I just wish there were either more options at the Marketplace, or that Captains Grille or Cape May opened earlier. All of the resorts we've stayed at in the past had much better early morning options. Since meals are rather important in our family, I hope we can make this work somehow.

It's not the best but I have a suggestion. I've always been one for unconventional breakfasts from pizza to spaghetti etc and find that sometimes a good breakfast keeps me going and keeps me from eating more later (more bad stuff). As you want to be efficient make rope FTP etc could you see if there is a microwave in your area and heat up leftovers (or bring cooked food that keeps in fridge) for breakfast?
Of course if your DH is like mine he may not go for an unconventional microwaved option.

What's on the bounty platter at a food court? To me the only thing missing from the marketplace menu is a waffles/pancakes platter. You can get your eggs, potato, bacon and biscuit platter at BC CS.

For those wanting a good breakfast in the Epcot resorts area..you can eat at Spoodles, Captains Grill, Picabu, Fresh, or even CapeMay..but CM is pricey since it's a character meal. No, there is no food court type area. I wish there was. It's the one failing at the Epcot resorts. It looks like the Bakery is going to try to fix that, but it isn't going to be the same as the food courts at other deluxes.

Unless Disney is having trouble filling the Epcot resorts, I don't think they have any reason to put in a food court. That would take business away from their existing table service restaurants.

This was our experience during our BC stay. We were there during a pretty busy time of year and the buses were shared among all 5 resorts.

No, the transportation isn't horrible. I guess it's all in the eye of the beholder, but seriously??

For those wanting a good breakfast in the Epcot resorts area..you can eat at Spoodles, Captains Grill, Picabu, Fresh, or even CapeMay..

In my opinion, the transportation at the Epcot resorts are hit or miss. Some people have great experiences with buses only going to 2 maybe 3 resorts, but there are others (like myself) that have experienced crowded buses with standing room only and long rides due to all 5 resorts being on the routes. So in my experience, the transportation was horrible.

As far as dining options go, I agree with you that there are a lot of TS options at the Epcot resorts, but for those wanting a quick, hot breakfast right at the resort, the options are very limited, IMO.

I'll wade in and respectfully say that the notion of "limited food" is a false construct. There are multiple places to eat at these resorts and at the 2 nearby parks + the Swolphin. The many options have already been named.

Perhaps what you are saying is that you want a particular type of restaurant. Disney constructed many resorts, you have many options.

It's not that there aren't plenty of dining choices, but rather the type of dining to choose from. TS options are plentiful, CS not so much (depending on what you are looking for).

What's on the bounty platter at a food court? To me the only thing missing from the marketplace menu is a waffles/pancakes platter. You can get your eggs, potato, bacon and biscuit platter at BC CS.

At POFQ in Feb of this year, the Bounty Platter was scrambled eggs, potatoes, 2 pcs of bacon, a sausage link, a biscuit and a Mickey waffle (the small one).

They also had a variety of meals involving waffle (large Mickey), pancakes, or (I think) French Toast with fruit and choice of bacon/sausage, the egg/bacon/cheese croissant, omelets, beignets, yogurt, oatmeal, the usual cold/grab & go/bakery items, etc etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter