How hard to get BLT studio at 7 month window?

Luv2Scrap

<font color=green>The only way is if you have the
If I have points at SSR or OKW due to better cost per point, but I really wanted to stay at BLT studio, what are my chances of making it happen? I would probably go in early June, January, or late August over the next several years, until DS is out of school.

Thanks!

I don't think you will have a problem getting, at least, a LV studio at the 7 month mark. SV might be tough as there are only 10% of that type. As a BLT owner, that is what I will be booking most of the time.

From everything I have read so far, people are getting in to BLT without too much issue.

Of course, once the resort is sold out, things could change, but I doubt to the point that the times you mention would be that difficult, especially if you call right at the 7 month mark.

Good luck!

Don't know about summer, but I got one at the 7-month window (LV) for the marathon weekend, and I figured that might be a problem given the advantage of being on the monorail line for race transportation.

Completely agree with Sandiw.

We just changed a reservation for next October (9.5 months out).

Asked to get a standard view for 4 days and they already had days that were not available, with very limited availability on the other days.
Asked for a MK view for 4 days. The CM said we were in luck. He said it was very limited availability so he had to put us on hold and get permission to change our reservation while he held the MK view studio.

LV should be easy (at least until the resort is sold out).

We got BLT studio (standard view) at 7 months out for July for 1 night.

Good luck, Tiger :)

LV should be easy (at least until the resort is sold out).

As dizfan says, it will probably be fairly easy to get a BLT studio until the resort sells out. But the ease of getting BLT villas currently should not be considered as permanent. Right now, about 46% of the BLT points have been sold, but over 62% of BLT has been declared for the membership. What this means is that there are about 48 2-bedroom villas that are available for bookings for which there are no BLT owners. As more people buy into BLT, there will be more competition for those villas.

Many DVC veterans advise that you buy where you love to stay. I always say "Don't buy where you don't want to stay." If you would be content with SSR or OKW, then buy there. But if you think you'll regret not staying at BLT, then perhaps you should follow your heart and buy at BLT. Good luck on your decision!!!

We had no problem booking a 1BR for this upcoming July at the 7 month mark (and when we booked, they did have studios available as well). :thumbsup2

Depending on the timing Standard view may be tough. I forgot to book for November 29-Dec5, 2010 at the 11month mark by a day and the SV studios were all gone so I have to get LV. But there are plenty of LV and MKV there that 7months should be okay.

I've been able to get studios at just under 7 months. I could only get bay lake view and not standard or MK. Also, it took a little waitlisting to get the full sun-friday stay.

I agree with hose that feel standard view and MK views will be hard to get once the resort is sold out. The last time I was on the phone reserving a night I called on the 11 month day at 9:15 am and got the last standard view studio. I was reserving the begining of Thanksgiving week 9for my birthday) but still the cm told me to always call on the first day for SV and by the 10 month normallly for MK view. She also mentioned that by 7 months at busy times they didn't seem to have much. I know that short term 91-2 months before) they had no sudios available for any 2 day period- in any category in January or February 9we had to change plans and use up points).

Rebecca

I figure if I could book the week before Easter at 7 months that anything is possible at this point.

I do agree with Sandiw that after the resort sells out that booking may change and not be as easy for those of us without BLT points.

Since the resort is not sold out yet, you should be able to book a lake view room at 7 months fairly easily. However, once the resort is sold out that will change just as it did for VWL, BWV, BCV, and VB. It is difficult to book at these resorts at 7 months especially summertime and holidays. SSR, OKW, and AKV are larger resorts and tend to have availability even at 3-4 months out. Good Luck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter