How hard is it to get in the virtual queue for Guardians?

Slightly hijacking this thread.

I have 9 people in MDE, but only 7 are going this trip. I tried to delete the other two with no success.

When I go to hit the Join Virtual Queue and select all, will the two people without park passes/tickets just not get a boarding group by default? Or will I have to manually select the 7 people I want to join? If so, will this drastically impact my chances of obtaining a BG by "slowing" me down?

The system automatically selects only those guests on your Friends & Family list who are eligible for the VQ -- that is, those who have an Epcot reservation for that day. No need to delete anyone, since they won't be there.

Also, as a PP noted, you can confirm your party BEFORE 7:00, so you are ready to refresh and grab the VQ.

Have people been able to try for 7 am BG and then book ILL ?
Very easily. The ILLs have been available for several hours most days.

Hmm, we arrive on a Saturday, and my plan was to get ILL for guardians from the airport in the morning, and because I expected them to go quickly, figured it would likely be evening return times. Reading this, I’m starting to get afraid that they don’t go quickly enough (what a problem, huh!) and we’ll get times too early. Ideally I’d like post 6pm times. Anyone that’s been there, any suggestions? Is virtual queue a better option in this scenario?
(We won’t be in the park by 1, so no dice for that option.)
For ILL, you choose your time. It's only Genie+ that gives you the next available time. Choose whichever time you want.

Last week twice we knew we wouldn’t be in Epcot until later (had park reservations for Epcot but we’d already been here for a week so no rushing around for us). Both times easy getting queues at 1:00 pm. These came with estimated return times of between 8-830 which actually became return times of 7-730 as the day went on.

If I have a park hopper, can I join the VQ? Plans are MK, DHS, or AK in the morning, hop to Epcot mid-
afternoon.

If I have a park hopper, can I join the VQ? Plans are MK, DHS, or AK in the morning, hop to Epcot mid-
afternoon.
You need to be starting in Epcot in order to join the 7 am and 1 pm virtual queues. For the 1 pm one, you need to have scanned into Epcot before then. Since park hopping doesn't begin until 2 pm, then you wouldn't be able to.

afternoon.
The rule has changed some time ago. It is not possible to visit a second park at all before 2:00pm, let alone 3 parks...

Please help end a debate I’m having about BG for Guardaians. I believe you can…
Get a BG at 7:00 or 1:00 (not both)
Buy ILL
Get BG at VQ drop at 6:00 being a Deluxe Guest for EEH

Technically you CAN ride 3x in one day.
Thank you!

Buy ILL

Thank you!
You are correct!

Very easily. The ILLs have been available for several hours most days.

Given that ILL$ have been available for several hours at 7:00 a.m. would the best plan be to...

First, try for a GoG BG.
Next, secure your first Genie+ for a top tier ride (Remy, Frozen, or TT)
Then, buy your ILL$ for GoG (to have the opportunity to ride it twice)?

Thanks for the help!

Buy ILL

Thank you!
My experience a couple of weeks ago:

It was instagone for the deluxe guest virtual line.

The virtual line is difficult in the AM -- was gone in seconds for me. The lighting lane lasts longer.

The 1 p.m. drop is easy -- but you will likely have to return around 6 p.m. or so. And you have to go to the park before you can try.

What are the chances this system will stay in place into September? Right now Disney says through August 7. I've been studying, and I'm hoping not to have to relearn right before we get to go!
This is my personal opinion only. I think the VQ will be gone within the next month or two.

The attraction is operating very reliably, and the 1:00 VQ drop has been available as much as two hours after it opens. Boarding groups typically get called quite a bit quicker than estimated.

The operational efficiency and the fact that a decent portion of guests do not want to experience the ride because of the (justified) fear of potential motion sickness both contribute to my prediction.

I think it will remain an ILL, though.

FWIW, of course!

What are the chances this system will stay in place into September? Right now Disney says through August 7. I've been studying, and I'm hoping not to have to relearn right before we get to go!
Purely a guess but I think it will remain a VQ option until Tron opens. They’ve got the system and nothing else to use it in till then so why not

So. Still my guess. It’s as good as any others. And define long. Since they started using the VQ

I'm just saying that they haven't in the past felt the need to always have a VQ. And in the case of Guardians where it seems fairly straightforward to get a VQ (especially in the afternoon drop) it's not actually to their advantage to have it. Better to have a long queue and those enticing paid LLs to skip it...

I hope the VQ remains in place especially as we're going next month, but I don't think it'll last until Tron opens.

You are correct!
Buy ILL

Thank you!
Question...do you have to be in or have a reservation for Epcot at 6pm for the extended hrs drop? We will be in MK but hopping over to Epcot for extended hrs. Would we be eligible to join the virtual que at 6pm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter