How hard is it to get a SP room?

Castillo Mom

DIS Veteran
I have a friend who would like to book a SP room for our trip. How difficult are these to actually get? Does anyone know what the room numbers of these are on the Magic and what deck they're on? Thanks in advance for the info. :)

you'll have to book well in advance to snag one. The cabins to request are 5020, 5022, 5024, 5520, 5522 and 5524. Good luck!

I have heard that it is easier for the Wonder, than the Magic....Hope that helps..No personal experience.. :goodvibes

Watch out...5522/24 ad 5022/24 are connectors...and therefore have more noise potential! The SPRs often book up as soon as the dates are opened for the most popular times of year.
Barb

Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind. She did say she didn't want one of the connecting ones.

The shorter cruises a little easier to get. The 7 night ones book up almost as fast as the dates are released. I have one for March 2006 on a 4 night, and a friend was thinking of coming too. I booked mine in September right after the dates opened, and I kept an eye open for the other and it was still available in March (2005) for this same cruise. It is gone now (my friend isn't going after all). BUT the 7 night cruise on that same week, they were gone at the time I booked mine for the 4 night!

DJ

I had my TA fax our info over to Disney monthes before the dates opened. We wanted 2 sp rooms. They held the info and we got the call when the dates opened that we got the rooms.

I told my TA that I wanted connecting SPH rooms & gave her a range of dates that I'd like to travel. We reserved our rooms 13 months before we travelled.

So these are Cat 10 'inside' staterooms that actually have a porthole (and therefore aren't really 'inside' at all???? Cat 10 on deck 5....I see why they'd be a 'hot ticket'. ::yes::

We were in room 5020 this June 25 - July 2. It appears to be the best view of the porthole rooms. The only obstruction was a metal bar that was on the left hand side of the window. Great view and it was nice to have the light!
Shirley

Shirley(lenzs4) thanks for the info on 5020. We are sailing on the Magic on Aug 20, repo cruise. When I booked we weren't given a stateroom number only a GTY. Just found out a couple weeks ago that we have 5020.
Now when the heat gets to be to much while going through the Panama Canal I can escape to our room and look out of the window.
We've had 5524 before but the view was very much blocked by a life boat.

We just booked our first ever cruise yesterday......4 day Wonder next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: OMG....I am so excited! :cheer2: Anyway we booked rooms 5520, 5522 and 5524! We are about a year out and we were able to get 3 together.. at first our TA said that might be tough to do. Definitely book early in order to get these. I think there are only 6( or 8?) of them. I hope these are good rooms.. I want our first cruise to be special! Any reviews? Oh yeah, and please tell me about staying on Deck 5. I am about to burst with excitement!

Thanks for all of the wonderful advice on this board! I'm glad I will have it for this long time before the cruise is a reality!!

Barbmouse63 said:
We just booked our first ever cruise yesterday......4 day Wonder next summer!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool1: OMG....I am so excited! :cheer2: Anyway we booked rooms 5520, 5522 and 5524! We are about a year out and we were able to get 3 together.. at first our TA said that might be tough to do. Definitely book early in order to get these. I think there are only 6( or 8?) of them. I hope these are good rooms.. I want our first cruise to be special! Any reviews? Oh yeah, and please tell me about staying on Deck 5. I am about to burst with excitement!

Thanks for all of the wonderful advice on this board! I'm glad I will have it for this long time before the cruise is a reality!!

These rooms are in a great location. They are right around the corner from the Kids Lab and the movie theater is just down the hall a bit. The Walt Disney Theater is just down one flight of stairs by the hallway. We love this hallway. It is quiet because there isn't much traffic, and we let our kids check themselves out of the Lab (they were 11-twins) and all they had to do was walk around the corner a bit to get back to our room. They don't have to walk down a long hallway of other staterooms, the SPRs are the first ones you come to. I think you will like it (and it is very nice to have some day light without having to pay the price of a porthole room).

DJ

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter