How hard is it to get a SP room?

We had 5520 on the June 12th Wonder Cruise---it was WONDERFUL..the obstruction was nothing to speak of and we had a clear view of everything we wanted to see. I definately recommend this room to anyone who would like to have one of the SPH rooms. I booked mine the first day the 2005 dates were released. I am hoping to get one for 2007--- :banana:

We were able to book 5522 on the 10/27/05 3-night Wonder on 5/17/05. I was surprised it was still available. There was actually another one available, 5524, but from what I've seen in pictures, 5522 is less obstructed.

Anyone have any input on 5522? I know it is a connecting room. Looking for opinions on the view.

Thanks.

We booked 5022 for an upcoming august 21st 4 day. Booked it last january, nothing special, just clicked it for room choice on expedia :)

JLDSMD said:
We were able to book 5522 on the 10/27/05 3-night Wonder on 5/17/05. I was surprised it was still available. There was actually another one available, 5524, but from what I've seen in pictures, 5522 is less obstructed.

Anyone have any input on 5522? I know it is a connecting room. Looking for opinions on the view.

Thanks.
Hi
We stayed in 5522 on the may 19th 3 day cruise, It was brilliant and our cabin steward was a guy called Kirk who was also brilliant.
We were travelling with our 2 girls age 8 and 9 and we all found that we had plenty of room to move about and plenty of storage.
We really liked the location as well If I can help anymore im me I have some really good pics as well
Enjoy Chucklechops :wave: :wave:

I booked my 4 day Wonder 15 months in advance and there was no SPR. If your dates are flexible I think you would have a better chance. My weren't so therefore I wasn't able to get it. That was disappointing since I was told that if you book far enough in advance you would have good chance of getting those rooms. I though 15 months sounded pretty far enough for a 4 nighter. Guess not :sad2:

First I want to thank Lisa for starting this thread for me. I definitely want to snag one of these SPR for our cruise in 07. I know I have to be ever watchful for the 2007 dates. I was concerned that if I book through a TA and not Disney, someone that books through Disney directly might beat me out of the stateroom I wanted.

I appreciate all the responses. I really want 5020 but it sounds like 5520 is also a good room. I guess I'll take any SPR that is left when the time comes but I really don't want a connector if I can avoid it.

Thanks again everyone for your input and to you Lisa for starting this thread. Can't wait to meet in person on the Magic in 2007! Woohoo!!!!

We were booked in 5024 for our cruise this year but had to switch weeks after coming home. I checked it out while on The Magic because the pictures on Dave's site of the obstruction were soo bad compared to the others. I was prepared to switch rooms if it was too bad. I peeked into the room one day when the host was cleaning & was surprised to see blue water from the doorway! The obstruction really isn't bad at all considering that it is such a savings in cost. There was plenty of light coming into the room too. I wouldn't hesitate to book it again.

Our first cruise is March 4th 06 (7 day eastern ) :cool1: These cruise locations are all very new to me and forgive :blush: me but I don't fully understand the advantage........ :confused3 Can someone please explain to me the "secret porthole rooms"?
I know you are getting a porthole ~ and this isn't charged as much as a normal porthole room - right? :confused3
So would this be like the cost of a cat. 11 but you're actually getting a
cat. 9 or 10? Am I getting close????? Thanks everyone :flower3:

gemjoy - from what I understand you are charged the cost of a cat 10 for the SPR room but you get the porthole like you are booking a cat 9. The savings can be quite significant. I am prepared to go with an inside cabin though if no SPR's are available. We don't plan on being in the stateroom that much and since this is my first cruise experience I figure I won't know what I'm missing if we don't get a porthole or verandah cabin.

Thanks so much for the info on the Sph rooms. We are really looking forward to having them!

Pencoys pirate....how much of an obstruction is in 5522? Would love to see the pictures! Could you tell me about Deck 5? Any special deck areas we should check out? I'm glad we'll be close to the Kid's areas. I hope the obstruction in 5524 is not too bad.

Someone asked about the advantages of them? Our decision to book one of these over a 9 was due to price but mostly deck. Cat 9s are on Deck 2 the sph rooms are on Deck 5 and we wanted to be on the higher deck.

ZerasPride said:
First I want to thank Lisa for starting this thread for me. I definitely want to snag one of these SPR for our cruise in 07. I know I have to be ever watchful for the 2007 dates. I was concerned that if I book through a TA and not Disney, someone that books through Disney directly might beat me out of the stateroom I wanted.
We booked connecting SPR's for our 4 day cruise through a travel agent. A good Disney agent will know the rooms are hard to get and be on the phone first thing in the morning to get them for you. They may even have them booked up before you are aware that the 2007 cruise dates were released!

gemjoy said:
Our first cruise is March 4th 06 (7 day eastern ) :cool1: These cruise locations are all very new to me and forgive :blush: me but I don't fully understand the advantage........ :confused3 Can someone please explain to me the "secret porthole rooms"?
I know you are getting a porthole ~ and this isn't charged as much as a normal porthole room - right? :confused3
So would this be like the cost of a cat. 11 but you're actually getting a
cat. 9 or 10? Am I getting close????? Thanks everyone :flower3:

You are getting a category 8 room for the cost of an inside category 10 room. :)

georgina said:
A good Disney agent will know the rooms are hard to get and be on the phone first thing in the morning to get them for you. They may even have them booked up before you are aware that the 2007 cruise dates were released!

::yes:: we have been working with Sue Ellen from DU and she knew our dates that we were waiting for and what room #'s we wanted, when 2006 opened up, she booked us.. Easy as it gets!!

We booked our connecting SPR for a September 2006 sailing this past March. We booked through AAA and my agent was not aware of what they were. I am lucky that I explained it to her because she was booking our rooms by looking at a picture in which she "thought" she was seeing portholes. It's always good to specify cabin numbers, this way you won't be disappointed in any way.

if you go to the castawayclub web site you can click on secret porthole rooms and see actual pics of the obstructions :earseek: . We snagged 5520 and it looks great. I figured :teacher: we saved about $300 booking this over a cat. 8 on deck 5.
Peace.

ZerasPride said:

I appreciate all the responses. I really want 5020 but it sounds like 5520 is also a good room. I guess I'll take any SPR that is left when the time comes but I really don't want a connector if I can avoid it.

Thanks again everyone for your input and to you Lisa for starting this thread. Can't wait to meet in person on the Magic in 2007! Woohoo!!!!

Anytime my friend, I'm glad this thread was of help to you. Lisa, someone posted that they were able to give their stateroom preferences to DU who were able to secure what they wanted when the rates came out. Something to consider. Thanks for that tip Geffric! :)

SPH 5520 is now OPEN for the 10/23 Wonder sailing. I just released it last night.

My kids went with their gram last October and when they got back we decide her and I and the 4 kids would go. She booked us back in Nov. 2004 for the 7 day western Oct 14th-21st 2006 on the magic. We have the connecting secret porthole rooms 5522 & 5524. Since there was 2 adults and 4 kids this was the best way to go. They had the verandah the last cruise (Oct '04 the one shortened by the hurricane) and didn't really use it much especially for the extra cost. She also thought 4 days was not enough so we went with 7 days and 2 stops on Castaway Cay!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter