How good is WDW resort shampoo+conditioner?

Hi there, We were there this past July and stayed at Baylake Tower. Our whole family noticed that too. It felt like after shower? Feels like our hair felt terrible. It felt like our hair is not cleaned but felt dirty and with our long hair it's all tangled and hair is not smooth even if we used shampoo and conditioner separately. Is there a solution to this issue?We are heading back at end of August and am wary of facing this issue again.

Hi there, We were there this past July and stayed at Baylake Tower. Our whole family noticed that too. It felt like after shower? Feels like our hair felt terrible. It felt like our hair is not cleaned but felt dirty and with our long hair it's all tangled and hair is not smooth even if we used shampoo and conditioner separately. Is there a solution to this issue?We are heading back at end of August and am wary of facing this issue again.
Um, truck in water not from Florida! Florida water is highly chlorinated so I'm sure some shampoo's are better than other's for chlorine. My wife is a fan of the H2O products(she uses them at home) but when were at Disney she says she uses like 10x more shampoo per shower then she does at home to get the same result.

Florida is consistently in the top 5 for states with the worst water.

Did you use your own products or the H2O stuff? Sometimes hair does not like new product. It is also the water. Many people have this issue when traveling. I don't notice it too bad because I bring a good clarifying shampoo. Between the sweat and sunblock, your hair needs something better, IMO.

Um, truck in water not from Florida! Florida water is highly chlorinated so I'm sure some shampoo's are better than other's for chlorine. My wife is a fan of the H2O products(she uses them at home) but when were at Disney she says she uses like 10x more shampoo per shower then she does at home to get the same result.

Florida is consistently in the top 5 for states with the worst water.
Where did all this information come from? Especially the chlorine, and being consistently in the top 5 states for the worst water? Never saw that before.

Where did all this information come from? Especially the chlorine, and being consistently in the top 5 states for the worst water? Never saw that before.

Orange county:

The Orange County Utilities Department annual drinking water report states that well pumps at Orange County’s water supply facilities draw water from a natural underground reservoir called the Floridan Aquifer. After the sulfide is removed, it is treated with chlorine, fluoride is added, and the water is pumped to a finished water tank, awaiting distribution to residential, commercial, and industrial customers.

Pasco county

"
To ensure the county meets new federal water quality standards under the National Safe Drinking Water Act, we have been phasing in the use of chloramines to disinfect the water supply. This process is called chloramination. Chloramination is basically adding a small amount of ammonia (less than one part per million) to water in the treatment process along with chlorine, thereby forming chloramines, or combined chlorine. In Florida, chloramines are used by water utilities including the cities of Tampa, Ft. Myers and the Miami-Dade area."

I'm sure there's plenty more counties in Florida that do the same since they all have to adhere to the same regulations.

I like the shampoo/conditioner fine but LOVE the smell. It just smells like Disney and it leaves my hair soft and shiny. Because of the sulfates I don't use it regularly, but find it perfectly acceptable for a week or so. I do find that I need a lot of conditioner to get the job done and if our resort doesn't have the wall dispensers, I usually end up calling housekeeper for more.

Orange county:

The Orange County Utilities Department annual drinking water report states that well pumps at Orange County’s water supply facilities draw water from a natural underground reservoir called the Floridan Aquifer. After the sulfide is removed, it is treated with chlorine, fluoride is added, and the water is pumped to a finished water tank, awaiting distribution to residential, commercial, and industrial customers.

Pasco county

"
To ensure the county meets new federal water quality standards under the National Safe Drinking Water Act, we have been phasing in the use of chloramines to disinfect the water supply. This process is called chloramination. Chloramination is basically adding a small amount of ammonia (less than one part per million) to water in the treatment process along with chlorine, thereby forming chloramines, or combined chlorine. In Florida, chloramines are used by water utilities including the cities of Tampa, Ft. Myers and the Miami-Dade area."
To the best of my knowledge all treatment plants use some chlorine. You've indicated 2 out of 67 counties in Florida. I don't know how it affects taste. Where is the top 5 worst states survey? Is it based on pollutants or just taste?
Do I take it personally that people don't like Florida water? No, I really don't care. I know that in certain areas it has a very strong sulfur smell, which does affect how it tastes but it isn't all over. I also know that it's considered "hard" water in places and a lot of people treat it.
The sulfur smell in the water on Disney property is very prominent in some locations, nonexistent in others. Magic Kingdom is bad, the water at Fort Wilderness is good. We drink that unfiltered.
We live a bit west of property and our water tastes fine unfiltered. I guess it just amounts to whatever your thing is.

I just read every post… I can not believe Iamthe only one that immediately thought about how cheap and terrible those shampoo, conditioner Pumps installed in the Disney showers are .
I hate them Who knows how good the product is .
I am always thinking of housekeeping having to refill these stupid things
I bet they hate them more than me .

To the best of my knowledge all treatment plants use some chlorine. You've indicated 2 out of 67 counties in Florida. I don't know how it affects taste. Where is the top 5 worst states survey? Is it based on pollutants or just taste?
Do I take it personally that people don't like Florida water? No, I really don't care. I know that in certain areas it has a very strong sulfur smell, which does affect how it tastes but it isn't all over. I also know that it's considered "hard" water in places and a lot of people treat it.
The sulfur smell in the water on Disney property is very prominent in some locations, nonexistent in others. Magic Kingdom is bad, the water at Fort Wilderness is good. We drink that unfiltered.
We live a bit west of property and our water tastes fine unfiltered. I guess it just amounts to whatever your thing is.
I'm not going to look up every county's water utility but I will tell you that I lived in Florida for about 7 years and the first thing I noticed is that the water is terrible everywhere I went. I looked up a ton of counties and just about every water utility uses some form of chlorine along with a bunch of other chemicals to disinfect the water.
Over time I got used to the water, I didn't like it but it was tolerable out of the faucet. I have been out of Florida for a few years now and when I go back the taste quality of the water is just bad.

Orange county:

Pasco county

"

I'm sure there's plenty more counties in Florida that do the same since they all have to adhere to the same regulations.
Most city water treatment plants use chlorine. I don't think that Florida uses enough, to be honest. You can tell that over the last few years they have started adding more, not because you can smell it, but because you can't smell the swamp as much.

I like the smell but my hair hates the products. For me the problem are the products not Disney water because I tried them at home and my hair also feel like straw here (not the case with my regular shampoo/conditioner).

I just read every post… I can not believe Iamthe only one that immediately thought about how cheap and terrible those shampoo, conditioner Pumps installed in the Disney showers are .
I hate them Who knows how good the product is .
I am always thinking of housekeeping having to refill these stupid things
I bet they hate them more than me .
Disney was one of the last hotel chains to install these. They're pretty much everywhere now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter