How good are the coasters at IOA?

Rob_b

Mouseketeer
How good are the rollercoasters at IOA?

Has anybody been to Cedarpoint and IOA. I consider Cedarpoint the benchmark for coasters.

Do they even compare? I just want to make sure I don't get too excited.

Thanks

From what I hear and read , Cedar Point has the bigger/ taller/ faster coasters, and in larger supply. Haven't been there though.
How do IOA coasters compare? They're fantastic thrill rides in that they're unique (Hulk with its' launch and Dragons with their dueling), and exceptionally themed also. Quite a pleasant ride, me thinks.
You'll very likely NOT be disappointed!
Enjoy!
Jim

CP doesn't have a sit down looper and it doesn't have a launched coaster so Hulk will be something different. Dueling Dragons is better than Raptor IMO, especially Fire. All 3 are world class coasters!

imo millenium force is the best out there. i mean how can you really top that? the only thing they could have done it made more zones-so that the lines whould be shorter.but i think that the coasters at ioa has a place on the top ten place. heck the hulk was the #1 new steal coaster in '99 at screamscape. with dualing dragons somewhere around 5th. there is no coaster like these ones- anywhere.

I will be at Cedar Point in a few days, so I will compare. I believe Dave O'Brien has been at both too.

I go to CP every year. It's a great place with awesome coasters. IOA doesn't have quantity, but it has quality.

I have been to both frequently. Cedar Point's coaster are faster, higher and taller but lack the theming and design. IOA's coasters have quite a few twists and turns (very looping). Dueling Dragon's queue is amazing. You walk through a castle to get to the cars. The walk through the castle is long and dark. When I say long and dark, I mean it. In some cases, I couldn't even see where I was going. Cedar Point has been around for a while. It was the second theme park ever built in the U.S. Some of the coasters are older style coasters. IOA's coaster are only 2 years old. they are still fresh and new. I love both parks' coasters. IOA has more than coasters, and I think that is the part I like about USF. Spiderman, Ripsaw Falls, JP, Men in Black are all great rides, but not roller coasters. USF has created ways to thrill people without a roller coaster. I can't wait to go to IOA next year. I am going to Cedar Point this August. Millenium Force is at the top of my list.......
ADP :p

wait i have heard that there is one problem with millenium force.- the lines are way too long!!! i hear that people have waited 2 hours for it-on a slow day!

I've been to CP several times and believe that the three IoA coasters compare favorably.

Sea world has a wonderful floorless coaster. Kraken is my favorite coaster. I hope to do CP this summer. We head to Detroit every summer but have never gone to CP along the way.

the hulk and DD are both nice rides, nothing at ioa compares to MF, but CP and ioa are both great parks. one thing i can say is that i really loved the spiderman ride, it was my favorite ride at ioa and nothing like it at CP. you will have a great time.

Of all the parks I've been to, IOA's Incredible Hulk may be the most frightening/thrilling coaster of the all. The theming is great (the whole lab/gamma ray cannon). Dueling Dragons is pretty good also.

I'm doing it in reverse. Did CP last year, IOA in a week. Millenium Force is absolutely awesome, other coasters in CP (Magnum especially)also do very well. First time for Universal so I can't give a real good comparison,,,yet!! Will report back in a few weeks. Barry,,arms up on the drop of MF. :p :rolleyes:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter