How expensive are the pins for pin-trading?

Jan-can

Earning My Ears
And, if we were really cheap, would it be a good idea to pick up some (official) Micky/Minnie (brass) pins at the dollar store ($2 Canadian) before we go to start us off? Or do they have to be a certain kind of pin?

The price ranges from $3 on up to like $15 maybe even some at $20. They must be official disney pins in order to trade with cast members others may want to trade some of your from home.

4/91-Off sight
8/91-BC
6/92-BC
4/93-POLY
8/93-YC
3/94-DXL
10/94-YC
6/95-ASSp&YC
12/96-ASSp&YC
6/97-ASSp&YC
8/98-BW-w/sister&kids
8/98-YCme&kids 2wk later
5/99-POLY(make a wish)
12/99-ASM(Mill.New Year)
8/00-ASSp
9/01-YC/SO EXCITED!!!!
WENDY

If those brass pins have the Disney trademark on the back, they will be great for trading with the CMs! I would grab as many as possible. They would be a nice change on the lanyards from the Tarzan pins!
Pins are usually 6.50, 8.60, 10.50 and 15.00 for the light ups.

grndhg3.gif

Yes! Take those as long as it has DISNEY on the back, and trade, trade,trade! The ones at the mark can get quite pricey!

vheart6.gif

<font size=3><font color=red> Happy Valentine's Day!</font></font>
<font size=3><font color=red><marquee>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font>
<font color=red>15 times to WDW 13 off-site three on!
Next trip Dolphin in July & Swan in DEC. 2001!</font>

One question - I thought that when the Millenium Celebration was over, so was the pin trading (with the CMs, anyway)...right? Wrong?

dalcooks.jpg"

Gail a/k/a CookieGVB

"All you need is mugs..."

Cookie I read here on the boards and I think the official Disney site that it was such a bigg success that they will continue it! I am always on the look for cheap pins to trade at the park!

vheart6.gif

<font size=3><font color=red> Happy Valentine's Day!</font></font>
<font size=3><font color=red><marquee>Co-Captain & Charter Member of the Swan/Dolphin Cheerleading Team!!</marquee></font>
<font color=red>15 times to WDW 13 off-site three on!
Next trip Dolphin in July & Swan in DEC. 2001!</font>

I heard it will continue at least until the end of March (it was supposed to be a 15-month celebration).

<font size=4 color=blue font face="Comic Sans MS">

Donna

Disney has announced it as an-going feature.
The original 15 month span for the Millinium celebration was Oct 99-Jan 01

grndhg3.gif

Oh ... I never realized the time span was for that period.

But, it is a continuing feature!

Donna

for your help...we are going in March, so I guess we can pin-trade either way. (I have a feeling my daughter and I are going to get addicted to this!)

Head on over to the Collectors Board (Under Just for fun) and meet alot of pin traders!! You can learn alot about pin trading and maybe there will be a pin meeet while you are there!

Have Fun
Debbie

grupo10.gif

prior to my trip on Yahoo auctions. I even bought cheaper ones, that were not hot items, that I didn't care about so I could trade.
I was able to buy some at cost on the Dis Collector's board too.
It worked out well. I traded with CM's like crazy and had a great time. Even DH got the bug at WDW. I gave him a few traders and he bought a lanyard too. Soon he was buying more pins than me!

q_corner_logo.gif

I just learned on the Collectors Board that there is a website called www.cheappins.com that has Disney pins that can be traded in the parks. Their pins range in price from $2.00-3.00 per pin and postage was $2.40 for an order of multiple pins.

The folks on that board say they had no problems trading these pins. Good enough for me!

Donna

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Our Dreams Unlimited Travel Agents will assist you in booking the perfect Disney getaway, all at no extra cost to you. Get the most out of your vacation by letting us assist you with dining and park reservations, provide expert advice, answer any questions, and continuously search for discounts to ensure you get the best deal possible.

CLICK HERE

DIS Tiktok DIS Facebook DIS Twitter DIS youtube DIS Instagram DIS Pinterest