How educated are DVC Members?

What is the highest education degree you hold?

• High School Diploma

• Associates Degree or Technical Degree

• Bachelor's

• Master's

• Doctorates

Results are only viewable after voting.
Oh, and I am about 3 months away from my master of architecture, so I voted "Master's" because I'm closer to that than a bachelor (4.5 years into the damn program)

Lisa

I have a Bachelors, and my DH recd his Masters last year. Like Doc and Family he left his job (Farming) and went back to school to pursue a career in medicine. It was a long 5 years, but once he was out we were able to justify DVC and have never looked back.

It is amazing all of the people we talk to that are re thinking their careers in their 30's, 40's and 50's.

This Sept our DD started her college education...and loving it.

Denise

Ph.D. for me in chemistry; dh has his masters in biology. Personally, I think he should get an MBA but he says no thanks -- done with the books! We got our degrees while just barely married and no kids, 10-12 yrs ago, and our only "job" per se was graduate school. When you're young, in love, and no real outside obligations, grad school can be a great place to be, actually! Plus, for many science degrees, you can usually get your education paid for by teaching assignments, research, etc. so you don't even need external jobs.

So all in all, we came out of the grad school experience quite nicely, compared to others' experience! I can't fathom how folks in unfunded areas, and/or those balancing kids and careers AND education, do it! More power to you! :)

I voted for myself "High School". Never liked school never will. I know the value of higher education, as I see my DH and friends. Plus I've had to work even harder to get promoted in my job, did move up to corporate ladder, but never was paid the same amount as someone with a degree. I wish my parents would have stressed college as something important, but I've changed that for my DD. College isn't an option!:p My DH has a Bachlor's, he's very smart and I keep telling him he needs to get his Master's, but he's not interested right now.

I'm probably in the minority since I have 2 master's degrees (German Lit. and Library Science (MLS)). DH says that I only got the second to validate the first - academic librarianship actually requires 2 masters :).

Interesting that I've seen a couple of librarianship degrees (MLS: Master's in Library Science). That's what I have too!
I guess I'm not surprised; after all, librarians do the best research and that's what led us to make the good choice of DVC!

Two high schoolers here, I have some college but it wasn't for me. We both went to trade (vo-tech high school) school and have a successful Electrical business. I have 14 employees and we do quite well for ourselves. Basic common sense and a strong business background (both our parents were in the trades also), so we both picked up alot. I wouldn't discourage my kids to not go to college, but if they wanted a more hands on learning experience, I wouldn't discourage that either. And as someone else said, I too have some very good friends with all the degrees on the wall, but they too wouldn't know to come in out of the rain!!!

Just wanted to contribute to the poll - I have my MBA. Like some of the other's I was a "graduate assistant" in the Dean's office and that paid for the MBA and a monthly stipend. It was a very sweet deal and was worth it! I graduated with a double BS at 21 and my MBA at 22. I haven't regreted it! :Pinkbounc

I am one of those people who doesn't know enough to get in out of the rain--I have my doctorate in education, which I finished at 48 years of age. That was so tough--there were 3 of us incollege that last year, fortuneately DH does know to come in out of the rain, and kept everyone on track. We spent $45,000 on education that year! I continued working toward my doctorate while having babies and teaching, so someone had to be in charge! I didn't plan on finishing the doctorate, but it was important to my family that I finish, and DVC helped so much. When I was overwhelmed and stressed out about trying to do it all, DH would arrange a trip to Florida for me to veg out for a few days. He's such a wonderful man! I'd be a mess without him!

I went back after a few years of real-world work and picked up my MBA full-time. It was time and money well-spent. My wife has a Masters in Teaching and is now a stay-at-home mom and homeschooler after a couple of years of teaching. Our education has greatly enriched our lives, no doubt...

DH is the one with the Doctorate (he is an orthopedic surgeon) and I have a Masters in Accounting. We originally purchased when he was in residency and have added-on twice. We love DVC and Disney.:bounce: :bounce:
LeiLani Naylor

Hey all!

I've been on business travel for a few days. Great to see all the responses. After reading them I couldn't help but think that all of us no matter what level of education we have are hard workers.

I bet Walt himself looks down with pride on what his legacy is, the wonders of all in Orlando, Calif, Paris, and Tokyo. And especially with DVC as a great program to be shared and enjoyed by good, smart, working people from all parts of this country and others.

Peace
G4L

Only HS diplomas here.

Dh recently retired after 23 years as a petty officer in the USCG, and has attended many military schools and certificate programs.

I have been a SAHM for over 20 years, and became a little bored last year. I have always wanted to be a chef, so I followed my heart and enrolled at Great Lakes Culinary Institute. I have just completed my third week , and am exhilarated and overwhelmed.
I will have an associates in Culinary Arts in two years...after that, who knows?

Jackie

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter