How early to book hotels?

WaterLinds

DIS Veteran
Next February we have a work/family trip planned to San Diego, and my current hope is that we can add on about 3 nights at one end to do DL. We’re WDW veterans but new to DL. We haven’t decided yet if we’ll stay at an official DL hotel or one of the many other nearby options, still doing some research and of course waiting for prices/discounts to be able to compare.

It looks like, much like WDW, the DL hotels are only available to book online through December 2019 at this point. Is it reasonable to assume a similar timeline, that likely sometime in summer they will release rooms for early 2020?

Do the nearby hotels tend to fill up well in advance?

I am looking forward to being a bit more casual about this trip than our recent WDW overplanning extravaganza, so basically I want to set a calendar reminder for myself for some point later in the year to check hotels, and not worry about it until then. Just trying to get a rough idea of how late in the year that should be!

Next February we have a work/family trip planned to San Diego, and my current hope is that we can add on about 3 nights at one end to do DL. We’re WDW veterans but new to DL. We haven’t decided yet if we’ll stay at an official DL hotel or one of the many other nearby options, still doing some research and of course waiting for prices/discounts to be able to compare.

It looks like, much like WDW, the DL hotels are only available to book online through December 2019 at this point. Is it reasonable to assume a similar timeline, that likely sometime in summer they will release rooms for early 2020?

Do the nearby hotels tend to fill up well in advance?

I am looking forward to being a bit more casual about this trip than our recent WDW overplanning extravaganza, so basically I want to set a calendar reminder for myself for some point later in the year to check hotels, and not worry about it until then. Just trying to get a rough idea of how late in the year that should be!
Review this link and it will give you an idea of what to mark on your calendar for one of the DLR hotels
https://www.mousesavers.com/disneyl...sked-questions-about-disneyland/#newdiscounts

If you think you might not stay on-site, many of the places on Harbor have their reservation calendars open now.
The general rule for Harbor hotels, is the earlier you book the better the rate. If the rate does go down you can call and ask for an adjustment.

Historical Hours thread may help you plan your days in the park. It will give you an idea of the park hours and which rides will be closed for refurbishment.
https://www.disboards.com/threads/historical-dlr-park-hours-entertainment-and-refurbs.2291124/

I check the website everyday, but from what I read the prices for Feb 2020 should be open in June 2019. I am looking to go in Feb 2020 as well, and since I will be there for 4 days before heading over to Aulani, I am checking everyday. I want to book my room ASAP.

We are going Feb 2020 too. Anyone know if Disneyland resorts will book rooms 500 days in advance if you call (I know WDW does that)?

I have been using a Disney travel agent for all our trips and she tends to get pricing for hotels between June and August of the year prior. For example we booked our September 2019 trip in August 2018.

I booked our hotel (Courtyard Marriott) in January for our early May trip for $263 a night for a standard room (I paid a little higher rate so I could cancel). In early April the rate was about about $450 and now it’s $525. So based on that, for this particular hotel during a non-peak time, I think 4-6 months in advance was sufficient.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter