• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Click Here

how early to arrive?

sbanksto

Earning My Ears
Staying at AS Sports on with an arrival date of 6/6. How soon should I arrive to get my tickets and still be able to get to a rope drop? Is that even possible?

We are driving in and I plan to get within 1 hr of the resort the night before. How long are lines typically when checking in? I know I wont be able to get into my room, but hoping to get passes and head to a park until room is ready (they send a text, right?) I was planning on doing online check in as I dont really care where I am at. Any thoughts on how soon to be there to be able to get to a park (DHS, really want to do TSM and Jedi Academy)

Thanks

We are doing the exact same thing- driving the night before and staying at a cheap hotel around an hour away or less. I was planning on arriving around 7:30 am check in day, we are going to MK and opening is at 9:00. I am thinking there won't be that many people checking in that early. We arrive in 6 days, so I already did online check in.

If you want to do rope drop in June, a reasonably busy time, I would suggest being in line at the park you are going to at least one hour before the park opens. I would try to be at the resort about 1 to 1 1/2 hours before arriving at the park to allow time for parking, lines, and driving.

The computers roll over at 7:00 am for the current day; so I would suggest standing at the counter about ten minutes before in order to be there right as the computer rolls over.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter