How early can you enter the parks?

gottalovepluto

DIS Veteran
I’m specifically wondering for parks with EMH approx when do they allow the “general” public to enter and line up for rope drop on Main St/ Buena Vista? Like 30 mins before official opening or more like 15?

What about for EMH/EMM? Is it pretty much right at the time, or will I have the chance to purchase my MP for the day and grab something before heading to the first ride?

What about for EMH/EMM? Is it pretty much right at the time, or will I have the chance to purchase my MP for the day and grab something before heading to the first ride?
EMH/MM begins one hour before the park opens. You don’t get to go in 10-30 minutes earlier than that, although if you are very first in line, the CM might scan your pass a couple minutes before opening so you can go thru the turnstiles right at the top of the hour.

I think EMH/MM depends a bit on whether it is 7AM, 8AM or 9AM.

For 7AM I do not recall seeing them allow anyone in early. It is 7AM straight up in my experience for DL.

:wizard:

Thanks. 7am every day for our trip and I'll have to buy MP each day. So since I've never had to purchase MP and won't be familiar with the process (other than reading about it. I know to have my card info preloaded and tickets scanned and my CVC code memorized) it probably makes more sense to just head straight for RSR rather than take a moment to step aside and put it in the info to try and get a MP for RSR right at 7am. Or maybe it won't be that complex and I can do it while we walk.

Thanks. 7am every day for our trip and I'll have to buy MP each day. So since I've never had to purchase MP and won't be familiar with the process (other than reading about it. I know to have my card info preloaded and tickets scanned and my CVC code memorized) it probably makes more sense to just head straight for RSR rather than take a moment to step aside and put it in the info to try and get a MP for RSR right at 7am. Or maybe it won't be that complex and I can do it while we walk.
If your tickets are linked and your credit card is stored, you can do it in seconds while you walk (assuming no IT issues). You’ll open the app, click on the “Get Fastpass” icon on the front page, it will show you the linked tickets and prompt you to buy Maxpass, which takes one click, entering your security code, and another click. So it’s like four screen touches and a security code to buy it.

ETA: If you’re hustling to RSR, don’t try to do both; grab it once you’re in line. You have to move purposefully for that one.

Last edited:
Because you are going in at MM at 7AM it will not be that big of a deal of it takes you a few min to get MP ready. The parks will not have that many people at 7AM, especially DCA. Also, many people will be buying MP on a day to day basis. I would say go straight to RSR and ride it. You could get MP going as you walk through the queue or wait for your car. You could ride it multiple times during EMH if you want. Then get FP for some other ride first (like Guardians or something at DL) and try for an evening FP for RSR later since you already rode it in the morning. Many people prefer the ride in the dark.

If your tickets are linked and your credit card is stored, you can do it in seconds while you walk (assuming no IT issues). You’ll open the app, click on the “Get Fastpass” icon on the front page, it will show you the linked tickets and prompt you to buy Maxpass, which takes one click, entering your security code, and another click. So it’s like four screen touches and a security code to buy it.

ETA: If you’re hustling to RSR, don’t try to do both; grab it once you’re in line. You have to move purposefully for that one.

Yes, my thoughts are: Rope Drop RSR standby (7:00-7:15) and get a MP return for hopefully close to 8:00. Ride Guardians 2-3 times from 7:30-whenever RSR MP becomes available. Then book for Incredicoaster and ride it 2-3 times before 9:00 then hop to DL. If the Racers MP isn't until later in the 8:00 hour I could reverse the order of Incredicoaster and the 2nd RSR ride as I assume there won't be too much of a wait the first 30 minutes of official park opening for IC and can skip MP for it. This gives me 2-3 rides on 3 of my top 5 must do rides for this trip all before 9:00.

Just got back. Friday we were first in line at DL for rope drop and Saturday first in line at DL for EMH.

Both days they scanned the first 4 to 6 people in line just before the countdown. They didn't let anyone past turnstiles but I was right at the turnstile. The app let see our party's tickets and let me buy max pass and let me book fastpasses all before a single guest was in the park. Fyi....to be first at the gate we were there 1 hour prior both days. Also fyi the family they picked for countdown both days were also first at the turnstiles both days so if that interests you being first will increase the chance

Just got back. Friday we were first in line at DL for rope drop and Saturday first in line at DL for EMH.

Both days they scanned the first 4 to 6 people in line just before the countdown. They didn't let anyone past turnstiles but I was right at the turnstile. The app let see our party's tickets and let me buy max pass and let me book fastpasses all before a single guest was in the park. Fyi....to be first at the gate we were there 1 hour prior both days. Also fyi the family they picked for countdown both days were also first at the turnstiles both days so if that interests you being first will increase the chance
Always helpful to have the park opening time and EMH time that day included as I think DL does things differently based on how early the park opens.

Last edited:
Always helpful to have the park opening time and EMH time that day included as I think DL does things differently based on how early the park opens.

Good point. As I said I just returned so its currently 8am park open at DL. 7am EMH at DL.

Our experience with early entry at 7AM is that they just count down and off you go - no rope drop. Being first at the gate we are always scanned before the count down, as are sometimes a few people behind us.

Our experience with early entry at 7AM is that they just count down and off you go - no rope drop. Being first at the gate we are always scanned before the count down, as are sometimes a few people behind us.
I have the same experience, and when you are near the front for RD like @Steve Dixon that makes it way easier to ride Peter Pan first. You are not competing with a thousand people, only a few dozen. And it does help to be a fast walker.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter